Wall-to-Wahlberg in Manhattan

12/19/2006 4:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A winter chill blew through Manhattan last night, but one man, at least, was undeterred by it -- Mark Wahlberg.

Marky did his natty thing at a sumptuous soiree for Hennessy Paradis at the Meatpacking District's clubby Gin Lane, then repaired to Butter for the later portion of the night. The sartorial theme of the evening was, apparently, diagonal black and white stripes -- if the attire of Kelis, hoopster Chris Webber and rapper Omarion is any indication.

The best-dressed award went to rap royal Nas (who celebrated his birthday last night at Capitale) not just because he rocked a rather fetching dark-ruby dinner jacket, but because he had his adorable daughter at his side.

Melanie

I didn't understand any of the article.

Sand In My Crack

God forbid TMZ should not get their facts straight when it comes to african american artists...if you want "diversity" babydoll I suggest you subscribe to the BET channel...and while you are at it, please let me know where I can subscribe to the WET channel as well..We can all use more "diversity".

Sharon

Still waiting for Mark to do some sci-fi. He'd be so good!

Sharon

I didn't understand the article either because it was so poorly written. I think the writer must have also celebrated with Mark and the bunch. He/she needed to have sobered up before sitting down at a computer.

Sharon

cAN'T YOU JUST SEE MARK CHASING AN ALIEN THROUGH THE UNIVERSE? NOW, THAT'S HOT!

Ridiculous

@#4 - You CAN subscribe to the WET channel. It's most of the channels other than BET.

What a weak argument when complaining about BET. Most shows on TV are made for and marketed to "white people". How's that for diversity? Nice try.

Sand In My Crack

Weak argument? The day I contribute to the United WHITE College Fund we may be on equal ground Angel..until then keep on with the segregation and division. It was a TONGUE IN CHEEK remark (look it up) nothing more than a stupid response to a stupid post . And BTW I guess The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, Good Times and all the rest were just figments of my imagination?

DYNOMITE!!!

Sharon

YOU GUYS WHO WANT TO SMACK EACH OTHER IN THE FACE WITH RACE NEED TO TAKE YOUR FIGHT INTO THE PARKING LOT.

THIS SITE IS ABOUT OTHER STUFF...PARTICULARLY ABOUT MARK WAHLBERG.

YOUR CHILDISH COMMENTS ARE BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous

@9 - Did I saw ALL of the shows that were ever made were made and marketed towards the white population? No. You should look up the word "most" at m-w.com and try again. Giving an example of three black shows out of hundreds of tv shows isn't too bright, genius.

BTW was that United WHITE College Fund another one of your stupid responses? Because it sure reads that way....it made zero sense.

Sharon

ANGEL: You really need to go back to school.

It's "Have I seen..." NOT "Did I saw..."

Sharon

MELANIE: MARK WAHLBERG ATTENDED A COUPLE OF PARTIES IN NEW YORK LAST NIGHT AND EVERYONE WAS SUPPOSED TO WEAR BLACK AND WHITE. THE END.

Sharon

CORRECTION: MOST ATTENDEES CHOSE TO WEAR BLACK AND WHITE; IT WAS NOT THE ORDER OF THE EVENING.

Sharon

Charlie Brown deserved an Oscar for his role in "A Charlie Brown Christmas." I thought his acting was phenomenal. Lucy also should have been nominated for "Best Actress in a musical or comedy." Like "Invincible," It was also based on a true story. I'm still weeping. I emptied out a whole box of tissues. Where's the justice?

Sharon

SPEAKING OF ONE OF OUR STALWART THESPIANS, BARNEY RUBBLE COULD ACT CIRCLES AROUND CHARLIE BROWN AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER FAMOUS SO-CALL ACTORS THESE DAYS. HE WAS NEVER GIVEN HIS JUST DUE.

Wendy

I wish I knew what that article said ..