Foxx on Fame: I Only Abuse It at Clubs

12/24/2006 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie Foxx uses his powers of fame for good -- by trying to get as much free stuff as possible.

In an interview with "Dreamgirls" co-star Beyonce Knowles for Moviefone's "Unscripted" series, Foxx admits fame has its perks. "You can use the fame for certain things that are meaningful, like getting into the clubs," Jamie jokes, "...get me a bottle thrown in. I just like using it for something that is heartfelt."

A fan asked asked them to name any divas they'd worked with in the past. Althought the two kept their mouths shut, chances are, all they had to do was look in the mirror ... or at each other!

Seriously

Foxx is not in the same league as Denzel - acting or in looks.

stan

I worked at a Blockbuster and he never returned his movies! So he got movies for free!

george vieto

Jaime enjoy your fame rife for now. In a few years we will get old and become back page news.

A

I think Foxx is not getting a fair shake. He appears more sincere than most. His Ray Charles role was/is incredible.

craven

Jamie should get Beyonce' some speech lessons for Xmas...

Ripley

Leave Jamie alone. He's just playing.

And Beyonce has a good voice, she was just playing a character who did not. Stop confusing the character with the actress. It's nonsense. The girl had to know she wasn't the "star" when she signed on for the role. the story is always about the big girl which used to Jennifer Holiday, now it's Jennifer Hudson. The whole cast was top notch!!

Mr. X

He's nothing but an a**hole. And overrated too.

Gwen

Jamie Foxx's ego is out of hand. He tries to talk all sexy. Not sure why he suddenly thinks he is so cool? I dont; think he can sing and am surprised he has had so much press about it. He should have stayed in comedy. Not sure why all these people think they can do everything well. They can't!

2 cents

Now, why does that not surprise me? Jamie is abusing his celebrity in more than clubs, I bet. These celebrities are far too over-rated. Not being a Jamie Foxx or a Beyonce fan, I'll pass on Dreamgirls. I am sick of these celebrities chasing old records and not establishing any credibility as artists on their own merits, outside what others have done already. Jamie played a great Ray Charles, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a great actor. He doesn't fall in the same categories as Denzel, Forrest, Don Cheadle, Samuel L. Jackson, by no stretch of the imagination. And as far as him being R&B artist, he's just marginal, just a Baby R Kelly wannabe.

chena

STAR JONES HAS A NEW TV SHOW CALLED
'STAR JONES REYNOLDS REPORT' ON THE TV ONE CHANNEL
WEEKNIGHTS 7-8 PM PST (check cable listings).

GOOD LUCK STAR, SHOW THAT ROSY...

a person Jamie will probaly never meet 404***0326

Dear Jamie,

your a very talented person with many wonted abilitys. I think your cute those people that say different are hateing on u becuz there not u ....... i think u are the best it seems like u have a nice personalty and looks like some good juicy lips to bad i cant taste but um thats all and your ex-girlfriend it seems like she only wonted u for the fame but if it was me it wonted be ex-girlfriend shit it probaly wonted even be girlfriend it would be WIFE just know that there is somebody that loves u for doing u luv
someone youll never meet or maybe u will
i will just never tell

p.s. look beyond

Dwayne

I know once I am famous I will take advantage of it like no other. Don't get me wrong I will def do mostly good with that fame. But the social aspects of it twill be out of control.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2