Did Gwen Pull a "Britney?"

12/27/2006 1:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

We spotted Gwen Stefani at Mexican restaurant Casa Vega, clinging to little Kingston James as she climbed into the backseat of a car -- and didn't buckle him up! Oh no! Will she or won't she?!

After the Britney fiasco, we get nervous when we see a blonde pop star get in a car with a baby in her lap. Those cute little things go in car seats!

We kept our cameras rolling to see if Gwen would buckle up the tyke or not. Watch and find out!

Azaziah

Julie they do saves lives but should be a personal choice. Motorcycle riders are not required by law to wear helmets, But I have to wear my seatbelt. Why don't you go get in your suv pull it into the garage, leave the engine running, and close the garage door. Then breath the exhaust fumes. You freak.

Randi Bua

I AGREE THAT SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES, BUT HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THAY DON'T PUT SEAT BELTS ON CHILDREN'S SCHOOL BUSES???
I GUESS ALL THE TAXES WE PAY JUST CAN'T COVER IT.....THE LIMOS AND OTHER PERKS THAT OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS GET DON'T LEAVE ENOUGH.......NOW THAT'S THE CRIME....

Randi
Miami

Laura

Uh, shut up Shell...the guard put the seat in the back for Gwen to put him in the carseat. She's not as stupid as Britney, so she would have put him in regardless. Geez

Jessica

Good for her. Now as long as she remembers her panties, she's good to go.

starr

UMM JULIE THEY DONT ALWAYS SAVE LIVES THEY JUST NEVER TELL U ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT THEY ACTUALLY KILL

JZ

Believe me, more babies travel safely than not every day. You can't wrap them up in celophane and keep them safe from all.

I don't think either way that this is the end of the world we should all go out and have some fun too!

Jerzi

Julie, if you was smart you would know seat belts don't save your life ALL the f***ing time. & as far as seat belt laws, an officer can NOT pull you over just because you're not wearing a seat belt.. you must be doing something else, like for example.. speeding, for him to pull you over at which time he can ticket you for not wearing a seat belt. & as far as the "country" comment towards Britney.. it doesn't matter where the hell you were born & raised when it comes to stupidity acts of your child's safe being. So, don't be blaiming her stupid decisions on the fact that she's "country" 'cause that's not the reason why. Okay? Thank you. =]

Carran

This was a completely un-newsworthy post. Everyone knows how much Gwen loves that adorable little boy, and how long she has wanted to be a mom. I didn't even have to watch the video to know she was going to use a car seat. Britney should take a cue from mom's like Gwen and spend some time with her children.

Fofonnie

To Poop: You chose a good name, because evidently, thats all you have for brains! For you to imply that 'country " people are stupid, truly shows what an idiot you are. Its people like you that make this country a laughing stock to the rest of the world! Also, I am sure that you know both Brittney and Gwen well enough to remark about their intelligence and not to base it on what you read on a GOSSIP site. DUMBASS!

me

Tom...i love you man....Add this to your list,
Remember Jungle Gyms at the playground. Remember Swings you could actually swing on? Remember germs? Now there's an antibacterial everything. The harder we try to outsmart death the more deadly things get. "Nature always finds a way." - Jurassic Park. I rode on my mother's lap in the front seat of the car from MD to NC once a month for the first 7 years of my life (then my brother was born and i got booted to the back seat) and I made it to 31. I agree that seatbelts do SOMETIMES save lives but it should still be your choice. At least over 18. I'm tired of having laws about everything. Legislation is getting in the way of Natural Selection.

I hope all you folks on your high horses have YOUR seatbelts on.

lissabell

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so upset over this. Even if she didn't put him in a car seat, she was in the backseat. I have taken my son out of his car seat in the back to feed him on long trips - OMG I must be a horrible country girl. LOL. This doesn't even come close to what Britney did, she was in the driver's seat!! Big difference from the back seat.

As for some of the comments, seat belts should be a choice. My friend was in an accident with three other guys, he was the only one wearing a seat belt, his seat ejected and he hit a telephone pole - dead instantly. Want another incident? In the 80's my mom' s friend was driving with her two little boys buckled (one in the back and one in the front) and was hit by a snow plow - the little boy in the back was cut in half and the boy in the front was decapitated. Seat belts can kill you. I realize that a majority of the time they do save your life but why should it be a law when there is a chance that they will end your life?

Tanya

First of all, Britney is the one that said she did it because she is "country". Second, STATISTICALLY seat belts do save lives. What else would you suggest we base our laws on? Third, we do not have seatbelts on school buses because it would cost many millions of dollars to put them in buses and only an average of 7 people per year die in a bus accident. Considering millions of children ride a bus twice a day, that is pretty damn good odds that would probably not get any lower with belts. I wondered about that too so I googled it. See the internet is good for more than celebrity gossip. And yeah it was really f-ed up to imply that Gwen did something stupid. I'm sure Lindsey or Paris or Britney herself is out there really doing something stupid right now. Write about that and leave Gwen Stefani alone!

Tommy

She didn't put the baby in the seat because it wan't in the car yet. They removed it to go in the resturant. It was one of those ones that comes out. Gavin her husband is the one that walked around the car to put it in the other side. And the reason she got in holding the baby like that was there were Paparizzi on the other side of the car taking pictures.

jimmi

I dont think she did what britney did but who cares? gwen is a freakin sell out. her music used to be cool now it just sucks ass. just another case of the white girl jumpin on the black mans dick tryin to pretend shes black. From punk to drap sheesh what a waste.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2