Was Britney Drunk?

Did She Pass Out?

1/2/2007 11:56 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first celeb controversy of 2007 -- Did Britney Spears get smashed at Pure nightclub in Vegas on New Year's Eve and pass out?

Britney Spears Photo Gallery
She was swigging champagne, passed out cold and fell to the floor, if you believe the New York Post. Brit's rep says it's all b.s. -- she was just so damn tired she was falling asleep.

Look at the pics of Brit at Pure. You be the judge

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

tammy

Britney at Pure, now this is just Pure TRASH!!!! Way to go, let's see you were paid a ridulous amount of money to host a New Years' Eve Party and passed out or fell asleep. Has anyone (perhaps your mother or an employer ever mentioned to you that you are expected to stay awake while working?

Jason

what the hell people? we need too keep our faith in Britainy, especially at times like this! ok, so she made some mistakes, but we ALL have! That is no reason to critisize her! >.< u people's post make her look like a girl off of playgirl. And she isn't!!!!!!!! >.<

Mike

Britney Spears is a lot of things, including a pop star. She needs this constant PR not only to get back into the limelight, but also to change her virginal image that she tried to hang onto for so long when she first started out. Well, we all know now that she has been banged more times than a cheap African drum and she wants to be noticed for her sexuality.

She wasn't drunk at PURE I'm betting. She might have gotten tipsy, saw how lame the party was and used passing out as a cover for her and her publicist to tip out the door to a party where it was actually hopping. Baby hit me one more time. hahaha.

Mrs.B.

she does not look drunk to me, and the people who think she is throwing up on someone in front of her you must be drunk becoue if you look real carefully you can see the seams on the shoulder of the person shirt. Like I have said before people who live in glass house's should not throw stones and, by the way how do you NOT know that the babies are not at Grandma's? I know that I have gone to New Year's Eve party's and my babies where at their Nana's so before you start ripping on Brit!!!!!!! Look back on your own lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imwatchin'

Okay, check this. Now, I am not the Britney Spears Rescue Squad, but I see this as a possibility. Since it has been revealed that her appearance at Pure was paid, this means that her being there was a job. She does not have a new record(yet), and she does have two children to support. Stands to reason that, maybe she spent the day with her kids, then prepared herself to go do her 'job' that evening, and had a long enough day that after a few glasses of champagne she fell asleep at the 'gig' at one in the morning. Think about this, can you really get drunk enough in one hour to pass out? Just a thought... D A

Whatever

Of course she was drunk and also high. Anyone who disagrees :
A. Has never partied in Vegas
B. Is a brainwashed tween
C. One of Britney's publicists

Lj

i mean really,,,live and let live

Ted

Exhibit A of a bad mother. Shame, shame, shame. I feel bad for those children, hope they turn out better than her. :)

whudafxup?

Poor Miss Britney, It's sad that her party chronicles are all over the internet. She's doing what a lot of people with that type of financial resources are able to do, by having kids, and being able to afford a nanny or two. I do feel her partying is excessive, and as a parent do feel that her priorities aren't necessarily in the right place. You would think her mom and dad would be giving her some sound parenting advice. I can't see her current behavior really helping her singing career. Would you buy a Britney album?

ASHLEY

Well , I thank she is wasted in all her photo's , And if you have seen the vcips on the overexpose with paris , She acts like she is so out of it she don't know where she is going , Any ways brit if you are reading this stuff , You need to get your life together, I just want to know how your kids are going to feel when they get bigger and can understand what you are doing , They will hate you , for what you are doing to them GROW UP BRIT,.,.,.,.,.,

danielle

I THINK SHE IS ALWAYS BEEN DUMB, AND SHE NEEDS HER KIDS TAKEN FROM HER SHE IS NOT A GOOD MOM AND SHE NEEDS TO LEARN TO STAY HOME WITH HER KIDS LIKE THE REST OF THE MOMMYS DO, THATS HER JOB AS A MOTHER. IF SHE WANTED TO GO OUT AND PARTY SHE SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAD KIDS. AND HER MUSIC SUCKS ANYWAYS SHE ALWAYS LOOKED TRASHY IN HER VIDEOS.

DANIELLE

Jan

Instead of knocking Britney why don't you all just pray for her? What has she done to all of you? Hmmmm? If you people don't like her or what she does then for goodness sakes DON'T WATCH HER!! Complain, complain, complain is all you kids do now a days. .

ellerbee

I'm sorry, but I have to say this. First, who the heck was NOT drunk on New Years Eve??? Second, if you had a schedule like that hers and were followed day and night, would you not also be tired (and the effects of alcohol emphasizing that)? And to state that K-Fed appears to be the more responsible parent is incredulous. He's a wanna be rapper that sponged off a teen superstar. Where was HE New Years Eve? Not with his kids, either!!! You people so need lives. To be perfect is to cease to exist and sorry, but I don't see a whole lot of books on the shelves in stores from anyonemaking the claim to be perfect. You're concern for where her children rang in the new year is pathetic. They aren't even 5 years old yet!!!!! Do you really think they CARE where they are on New Years Eve????

People please, move on.

Raquel

Yes, in some pic's her hair looks like a mess, but in none of the pic's does she look drunk. She looks like someone having fun and actually looks very happy. Although I have seen som pretty raunchy pic's of her before, these don't look all that bad. I guess I have to see the pic of her passed out to understand what all the hoopla was about when these pic's were taken.

I don't much like her, nor think she is a good mom, but can't judge her for these pictures... I guess some people will always just bash Brit even without evidence.

ellerbee

Oh Danielle..... are you saying that if a woman wants to become a mother, there should be NO possibility of career or entertainment away from her children?? I didn't know they allowed internet on Amish farmlands. That, with your mindset, is obviously where you belong. And are you also saying that once you become a mother, all forms of entertainment away from your kids should take a back seat for 18 years? Sorry, but the 'rest of the mommys' have lives too!

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14