Is Babwa Lying?

Trump Sticks to Claim

1/3/2007 7:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comBarbara Walters said she still loves Rosie, but Donald Trump isn't buying it.

On today's episode of "The View," Walters read a statement correcting specifics in a recent rant Rosie O'Donnell waged against Donald Trump, and added that she has never regretted hiring Rosie -- though Trump maintains the opposite was said to him.

Trump called into CNN Headline News' "Showbiz Tonight" and said Barbara's feelings towards Rosie are anything but cordial, and he believes she has to put up a front for the sake of the show. "Is she going to get on and say that 'I can't stand Rosie'? She has to work with her," adds Trump, "Barbara knows what she said to me, and if I really tell you what she said, it just creates havoc." Far be it from The Donald to want any havoc!

Although he says he has nothing but love for Barbara, there's "zero chance" Trump will appear on "The View" to hug it out with Ro anytime soon.

Hear Trump's towering interview tonight at 11pm ET.

Pauline Osterhout

Trumps nothing but a blowhard. It's over but he just won't let it alone. What a p***y. Everybody should just tune out of the apprentice to show him how arrogant and annoying he is. What a role model to "all" his children.

LThompson

Trump (Chump?) is absolutely certifiable. Total implosion. Other than the fact that he on occasion and primarily on paper only has some money, I have never understood why anyone gives a rat’s butt about anything this egomaniac has to say. His pathetic all-encompassing craving for attention is and has always been obvious and thoroughly obnoxious and I don’t understand why the media insist on continuing to subject us to his never ending stockpile of bullsh*t.

ABC’s legal eagles were just covering ABC’s backside by asking Babs to read that little caveat about personal vs business bankruptcy. I disagree with TMZ’s remark that it “essentially amounts to a retraction.” It’s not a retraction of anything; it’s a perfunctory clarification at most. When your personal name is also your business name and logo and you slap it on anything that stands still for more than a nanosecond, and you’ve spent the last 25+ years going waaaaaay out of your way to market yourself and your business as a single entity, then someone saying simply “he’s filed for bankruptcy so many times” might be technically inaccurate but in practical terms and real life conversation it’s a subtle and irrelevant distinction at best. Only his creditors give a crap. He doesn’t bother to make the distinction between himself and his business when he’s bragging about his own net worth, so why would anyone else? Besides, it’s well documented that while he didn’t ultimately file for personal bankruptcy, he came within inches of doing just that back in the 90s.

If you watched Barbara’s entire statement from today’s show (not TMZ’s edited version), I have to say it looked to me like Babs would have liked nothing more than the freedom to say exactly what she thought of The Donald and his repulsive, manic, ad nauseaum ranting against Rosie and his gall at publicly putting words in Barbara’s mouth forcing her to respond and pick a side. I have no doubt she’s getting a bit weary of having to address some of the drama Rosie can stir up, but I think she is totally supportive of Rosie on this one and not just because she has to be for the show's sake as Trump implied. Babs can be a real prig, but she’s savvy, no dummy and is long past being intimidated by anyone.

Kissmirass

Donald, if you were getting your dick up once a day and twice on Sunday, you would not have time for all this bullsh*t whinning. Go try bottleling some of that rug headed sperm of yours and call it 'F***toid Juice" I gurantee you will get the attention, you so badly crave. I am sick to vomitous and tired of you sh*tting through your vocals instead of your ass, only a voodoo doll share my sentiments. Give us a break already................For a supposedly educated bigot, you are over exposed!!!

Kathie is a phony

F*** YOU M SMITH!
LOTS OF FOLKS THINK YOU'RE AN A**HOLE TOO! YOU THINK ROSIE DOESN'T HAVE ANY FRIEND OUT THERE? THINK AGAIN ASS-SMACK! SHE BEATS DONALD DICK ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! GOOD FOR BABS MAKING A LIAR OUT OF HIM ON NATIONAL TV. FUNNY, IF SHE IS SUCH A "GOOD FRIEND OF HIS" WHY DID SHE STICK UP FOR ROSIE? SHE COULD HAVE KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT ALTOGETHER, WHICH IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, MORON!

tressah

Donald Trump shows his true maturity level here folks. You don't have to be a Rosie hater/lover, or in Barbras corner. This guy acts like a 5 year old on the playground, and I can't hardly believe it. Someone finally had the nuts to say the truth about this guy, he's a bully! So who cares, people rip on Rosie all the time! Celebrities are actually ripped regularly, it's part of fame. Only "Don Juan" would act like a little dick, so I hope people can start seeing this slime ball for who his is, a piece of crap.

sick of donald duck

You would think that an educated, successful business man like Donald Trump would find other things to say about Rosie O'Donnell then her weight and looks. Everytime I hear that man open his mouth I cringe. He sounds like an uneducated trailer park dweller. He looks and sounds ridiculous. I will never watch anything affiliated with him ever again.

Ann

Who in heck cares???? Stop the foolishnish!

Gwen

Does it surprise you that the only folks supporting O'Donnell are the lesbians, gay men, ugly woman, fat woman and Barbara Walters? Trump leads the war against O'Donell is every single poll taken. Why? PEOPLE SIMPLY HATE HER.

South Florida

Babs DIDNOT make a liar out of Donald at all, Donald EXPOSED Barbara Walters for the LIAR SHE TRULY IS. Remember when Star Jones also exposed Barbara's
lying. She clearly has no SELF-RESPECT left, just a PATHETIC OLD WOMAN who refuses to get out of the limelight. Instead she lets someone as ROUGH and
BRASH as Rosie contine to drag her down into the gutter. VERY, VERY SAD INDEED.

marketta

Rosie should just give "The Donald" a BIG WET KISS with plenty of tongue to make up!

Esme

I'm really enjoying watching his downward spiral. As if the hair wasn't revolting enough, he had to go one to say that he thought Ivanka, his daughter, was hot & would date her if he wasn't her father. Just ewwwww.

I'm all for boycotting this bodacious-babe-hating homophobe's businesses and show.

angel1

Bleh

Kathie is a phony

WE HAVE A CLAIRVOYANT IN THE MIDST! HEY N.--CAN YOU SEE THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER? YOU MUST BE ABLE TO, TO SAY THAT WE WHO SUPPORT ROSIE ARE GAY MEN, FAT, OR LESBIANS! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU? ANOTHER OLD PERVERT WITH A COMB-OVER AND FISH LIPS? LAST TIME I LOOKED THERE WERE ALOT OR ROSIE FANS HERE, AND I KNOW I AIN'T ANY OF YOUR ABOVE ADJECTIVES! GO BACK AND LICK TRUMP'S ASS YOU BLIND LOSER!

Melanie

Until a few days ago, I had no feelings either way for Donald Trump. I am now thoroughly disgusted with his behaviour and want to know why anybody would want to watch ANYTHING he has on TV. He has shown that he is foul mouthed pig! No matter what you feel personally about somebody, nobody has the right to speak in such a dispicable manner about another fellow human being. All that seems to come out of his mouth is how BAD other people are (this time Rosie). On the other hand, he does not have any problem going on and on about how BRILLIANT he - the Donald - is! How he has the top ratings, how he is a millionaire over and over and so on. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth and in the mouths of others I know.

Donald says that Rosie has no class. Well, even though I do not agree with the way Rosie handled her comments that day, this little escapade has shown the public just WHO has no class!!!! DONALD TRUMP!!!!! One more thing.......if Donald was what you call a 'friend' to Barbara, then how could he have dropped her in the middle of this feud - and so publicly????? He has no class and I hope to never have to see him on TV again!

Sylvia

I feel that Donald Trump is a big mouth just like Rosie. Also if anyone is lying is the Trump. He did claim bankruptcy at one time or another and he did leave his first wife for his #2 wife who #2 wife is now his ex-wife since he is now married to another younger women. Regarding Miss Nevada I do feel he should have taken her title and passed it to the next runner up.