Oprah: I'm No Madonna

1/3/2007 3:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amid controversy over her new South African school, Oprah Winfrey has thrown her support behind Madonna's controversial adoption. But unlike Madge, O won't be bringing any of the kids home anytime soon.

In an interview with "EXTRA" correspondent Jon Kelley that airs tonight, Winfrey pats celebs like Brangelina and the Material Girl on the back for their adoption of non-caucasian children. "With somebody like Brad and Angelina, their family is a little United Nations," says Winfrey, who also believes the negative response to Madonna's adoption of a Malawian child was "craziness."

Will Oprah follow in Madge's footsteps and bring one of the schoolgirls home with her? That's a big "No, no no no," from O.

Brandon

Calilife4me- The school did not cost 40 mil to build. It stands to reason (assuming u have that capability) that most of it is most likely in a fund for to support the existance of the school in future. Of couse the school does not have gov support- IT'S A PRIVATE SCHOOL. There is no disputing that 40mil would go much farther in Africa than it would in the States b/c the $ is worth much more there. WTF do u know about the community she was raised in. She lived in poverty constantly confronted by racism. How do u figure the community never gave up on her. SHE HAD NO RUNNING WATER! If that's not giving up than I don't know what is.

p1tey1

To the people wondering what happened to Oprah after Katrina. She went to New Orleans and DID A SHOW where they went into the superdome!!!

Her Angel Network has done a LOT for the people down there! They have spent MILLIONS of dollars! She went to New Orleans BEFORE Bush did!!!

Leave her alone and let her do what God put her here to do!!!!! Who have you helped lately? When you die, what will YOUR legacy be????? What are people going to say about you???

likeicare

It appears that about 90% of the people commenting on this subject could use a better education. Our language is being butchered. Maybe Oprah will send your multi-colored butts to school!

M

First off, You asswipes who keep saying "colored" and that f***ed up c**t who said "negro" seriously needs to cut that sh*t be/c that's so racist and that's no way to begin the new year. Secondly, I agree that Oprah should have spend 40million to open more than one school and that comment was out ofl ine about the caucasians of the country and that her money and publicitiy has seriously gone to her head. I thnk Rosie should address about that and the way she acts towards people in gerneral, and a humanitarian of what? She needs to stop acting like she wipes her ass with silk and then reconsider what she thinks of herself.

And so what if African Americans have their shows and sh*t, critizing swings both ways

M. Miller

Oprah used to be so nice but lately she has become such a RACIST that i have stopped watching her. She always has a nasty remark about white people. Her remark yesterday on TV when someone asked her how come no white kids in her school - she responded. I don't have to make excuses to any white person. WOW. How's that for a RACIST remark? If you don't believe me, watch her program. It's all black people, when she fixes up houses, it's for all black people - EVERYTHING she does is for blacks only. She is a filthy rich black RACIST and the whites, who make her money possible, should boycott her show and anything else she does.

M. Miller

Sound like all Black people are responding to this Post and all stick up for Oprah - blood is thicker than common sense. Blacks stick to blacks. Oprah is a RACIST - just watch her show and it won't take long to find this out.

Funny

Hey Brandon:

You're f***ing stupid! Oprah, initially was supposed to build the school with the government and they backed out. Are you really telling me kids don't get state & federal scholarships and loans to assist with tuition at private schools? How old are you?

WTF do I know about the community she grew up in? I'm from Sunnydale! One of the worst ghettos in America. She's not the only one who grew up in without water, food, or positive roles models; they're millions of us!

Did you read the articles or see any interviews with "O"? It cost 40 million to build! That includes roads, plumbing, and of course extra large closet to motivate the girls to wanna buy sh*t. As far as I've read, "O" hasn't released any info. on how much this will take to run in the coming years.

Funny

Brandon:

Please go back and read my post: I never said 40 million would or would not go further in Africa. You pulled that one out of your stank ass or you can't read which is probably the case!

De Etta

Number 8 said:
"HOWEVER, I do have a problem with her racist (yeah, she is) comment about not caring to appease the white people of the country. Um, how is it that she gets away with saying that? I wish a white celebrity (maybe Rosie?) would open up a school for underprivileged white girls and make the same statement about black people. She would be crucified.

Such a double standard exists in this country when it comes to white and black. It's ok to have a Miss Black America Contest, Black History Month, and Black Entertainment TV, along with different awards shows for blacks, but man, try and diss the blacks for any kind of shows, magazines, etc. and all hell breaks loose."

I am really glad to see it was not just me when I watched and heard her words at the news conference. I was stunned. And you are exactly correct in that if she found someone else saying the opposite, she would be all over them. How sad that she has to APPEASE the "whites" who watch her show, and made her the billionaire she is.

ONE WHO KNOWS

yOU ARE ALL ARGUING OVER OPRAH--YET SHE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF YOU.
AMERICA HAS ALREADY MADE HER RICH.
SHE WENT TO THE KATRINA AREAS WITH WHAT? A CAMERA AND THAT IS THE OPERATIVE WORD.
I WOULD HAVE RESPECTED HER MORE IF SHE HAD GONE WITHOUT A CAMERA CREW, BUT THEN SHE WOULDN'T HAD BEEN ABLE TO DEDUCT THE EXPENSE AS A BUSINESS WRITE OFF.
SHE BUILT A NEIGHBORHOOD IN NEW ORLEANS, AND.....AGAIN, THE CAMERAS HAVE TO CAPTURE THE PEOPLE GOING INTO THEIR HOUSES BECAUSE OPRAH IS TRYING FOR ANOTHER SAINTHOOD.
I MEAN, THESE PEOPLE HAD TO WAIT ALMOST A MONTH TO GO INTO THEIR NEW HOUSES BECAUSE OPRAH'S SCHEDULE DIDN'T FIT INTO THESE PEOPLE FINALLY HAVING A HOME. NOOOOOO--THEY HAD TO WAIT FOR HER SHOW TO SHOW THEM GOING INTO THE HOUSES AND OF COURSE, CAPTURE THE GRATEFULNESS OF EACH AND EVERY BROTHA AND SISTA.
WERE KATRINA TO HAVE HIT A WHITE NEIGHBORHOOD, IN THE SAME INCOME BRACKET, YOU ALL KNOW THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED, BECAUSE AS OPRAH HERSELF SAID " I DON'T HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING, TO WHITE PEOPLE."

I DON'T CARE IF YOU READERS ARE BLACK, WHITE OR RAINBOW.
I AM TELLING YOU THAT OPRAH IS ALL ABOUT OPRAH. STEDMAN IS HER COVER UP BOY, BEING PAID TO HELP OPRAH KEEP DENYING THAT SHE AND GAYLE ARE LESBIANS!

ONE DAY YOU WILL ALL SEE WHAT THE REAL OPRAH IS, AND THOSE WHO HAVE DEFENDED HER ARE SURE GOING TO FEEL MIGHTY STUPID!

beach

Way to go #8. I totally agree with you about the white and black issue in this country. I am sick and tired of the whole radical issue. Somewhere this country has to stop this issue. I can't stand with a black person can say anything they want about white people, but watch out, if a white person says one thing wrong, Rev. Jackson shows up, pathetic.

Sweet

I found O's page on Wilkipedia. I was surprised at all the stuff in the personal section. I didn't know she had such a wild past. LoL

bebe

Hey u haters leave Oprah alone she is doing something positive, what have u done lately except bitch about how everyone else is doing something wrong. Oprah is a strong, black women and I admire her, she does good with her money!! So say whatever u want it aint gonna change anythin!!

Kissmirass

Really, do you think that the likes of Oprah would give away a cent, IFit was not attributed to a tax deduction! and public attention. Why do you think Chump the Trump is so pissed off?..........go figure!

ZMT

FOLKS,
I've heard of wealthy people leaving all their money to CATS.
Give OPRAH A BREAK. AFRICA is the motherland of all mankind,she is truly an evolved woman of blessed character and for those that keep talking about her helping American children, SHE IS BY BEING AN EXAMPLE of A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS.