Oprah: I'm No Madonna

1/3/2007 3:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amid controversy over her new South African school, Oprah Winfrey has thrown her support behind Madonna's controversial adoption. But unlike Madge, O won't be bringing any of the kids home anytime soon.

In an interview with "EXTRA" correspondent Jon Kelley that airs tonight, Winfrey pats celebs like Brangelina and the Material Girl on the back for their adoption of non-caucasian children. "With somebody like Brad and Angelina, their family is a little United Nations," says Winfrey, who also believes the negative response to Madonna's adoption of a Malawian child was "craziness."

Will Oprah follow in Madge's footsteps and bring one of the schoolgirls home with her? That's a big "No, no no no," from O.

location

Oprah is one plastic woman. She is about making money and she is good at that. I always wondered why she neve wanted a child. I find a woman that does not want a child to be cold and too self-absorbed. How can she not have the desire fo a baby? Also, now that I read that she actually had one when 14, l must say l am shocked. She never mentions that, and if she says she was reliefed he died l must say I find that very cold, too. She carried a baby for almost nine months and has zero bond with it, and after that much time is GLAD the baby died? Cold! Very. SHe is so compassionate with stranges, but yet so cold inside.
And no desie fo a kid eve after? Either she was that traumatized by her teenage pregnancy or she is very selfish. Once her career is over down the road she wil wish she had build something else but a pile of money. Her best friend's kids are just that, not hers. That is not the same. All her fiends got their own family, and she is the only clown that has all her time used up to show up here and there, but by the end of the day she got no family to go home to.
Must be lonely in all this crowd.
I think her childhood poverty and abuse has damaged her beyond repai and disabled her to form her own family unit.
What a nightmare to go from a raped and abused child to a talk-show billionaire. Never rested long enough to come to her senses and have something as personal as a family, Her best friend is not a true friend. Oprah has intimacy issues and the closest she will ever let anyone get to her is a female friend, which is really no substitute for a real family. If her friend was so great, she would have not stopped at just critizing her hair-do, but actually talk enough sense into her to get her to at least adopt or something. But by not doing so, she benefits more from Oprah, becasue she will spoil her kids more. Sad.

ZMT

OPRAH IS NOT YOUR MAMMY. GET IT !
SHE IS NOT YOUR SUBJECT,SHE IS NOT HERE TO SERVE YOU .
GET RID OF YOUR WHITE MASTER MENTALITY ,SHE OWES YOU NOTHING.
I know all white people don't feel this way,but there are so many acting like they bought her on a slave block. SHE BE A FREE WOMAN NOW.

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS-YOU DON'T OWN MS. OPRAH

Cracker

No kidding that fat ho is an arrogant, racist b*tch. Remember the incident where she wasn't allowed in that French (?) shop because they were closing and she threw a tantrum? She threw the race card on the table until her spoiled a$$ got her way. Now she applauds a white couple for adopting non-white kids. Is there a problem with white kids? I have two of 'em myself, and I adopted my Asian stepdaughter. Oh, wait...I'm white. Somehow, I have screwed up.

According to Oprah, my screwup came when I was born white. Makes me nostalgic for the 1940s, and I wasn't even there...knowwhutImean?

Flojo

Oprah is a racist. Her reply when questioned why no white kids were in this school was..." i do not have to satisfy whites."
at least something to that affect.
Money makes these celebrities think they are gods and above
those who put them on that plane.
Are there any STARS who are humble?
I think the only one who can take on OPRAH is ROSIE and
DONALD.
I admit Oprah does good things at times but is this enough to
mask her puffed up view of herself?
She would not make a good mother..she is simply a good
dog person. If she took in some poor black child from any
ghetto in the USA...it would be a credit to her. But she prefers
her dogs. And Stedman may as well be a statue next to her
he never is asked to speak.
That is the strangest couple in news today. Right up there with
Anna Nicole and her many lovers/boyfriends.

No need

I'm sure the same people that are disgusted by Oprah's actions are the same people who cheered Michael Richard's rant. Now you are disgusted because she built a school for African girls and now you are upset because there wre no white girls selected. YOU PEOPLE crack me up! lol!!! The school is located in an area where it's probably 95% BLACKS. No matter. You can keep raging while those lucky little black girls will be getting their education on.

If you could care less about blacks, then why in the h#ll are you even commenting on Oprah's actions. I know it hurts. lol!!!! Black America have their BET, Essence Magazine, Black America Web, Ebony Magazine, Black History Month, etc..., you get the point. We have that for a reason. And if you don't like it, then kill yourself. You will not be missed.

By the way, Oprah gave $10 million to the Katrina victims and built homes for them. And she is still giving financially to the inner-city. She just decided not to attend anymore because of what she has seen. Lets not get it twisted.

On another note, I see YOU PEOPLE are spitting your venom and see what you want to see. Later trash.

Brandon

No idea wtf ur talking about but ur name really suits u just add the words trash and stupid (in any combo) and it'll be perfect.

fedup

Shouldn't the real issue be why the governments in these countries are not helping the desperately poor? Everytime you turn around there is something horrible happening in these countries - Somalia, Rwanda, South Africa, etc. Nothing is going to help the poor of these countries until they have stable governments and responsible leaders.

Susie Shoenberger

Right on, likeicare! Also, on the issue of being poor in this country, it seems to me that if I am poor with 2 children that I am struggling to feed and provide for, why in the world would I have more children? With this mindset, poverty breeds poverty, no matter what race you are. Stop having children you can not provide for. Do not have a pack of children and then wonder why somebody is not doing more to help you provide for them. Would it not be better to have a couple children you can provide a decent life for and a chance for a better one when they are adults than to have several that do not stand a chance? I am sure this would not completely solve the poverty issues in this country, but I have to believe it would go a long way in improving it. Sometimes, less is more. susie

madie

Oprah just kept a promised she made a couple of years ago about openning a school there. It's her $$$... Oh I forgot...people work for 8, 9 , 10 hours a day and at the end of the week before cashing their checks they must wait around for someone to tell them what to do with it.... Thank GOD Oprah can do what she pleases.... Too bad all you people need someone to tell you what to do with your cash

AngelG.1

I blame all of you females ( all colors ) for putting the big O in the powerful place : when she recommends a book , you all will read it. When she chose Jen Aniston over Angie J. and Brad , you all joined Team Aniston - never mind that the man had said time and time again that he wanted to start a family, and Angie not only came ready made they even had one of their own! I also feel that Brad is seeing the world in a whole new light, I didnt see Jen doing anything to help Katrina victims, let alone African. But, Big O loves her, and now you all do too, little sheep. I know no one wants to admit this , but Big O is also making a race divide, the Ledgens Ball while was right for honering all the women that have done so much in America and did not get their props, I noticed she invited other white women but they were not a particpant just there to watch. Also , she gave diamonds to all the " youngin's and Ledgens " but what about - wait , did I mention I am half/black,half/white, so I can say what I want because Im on EVERYBODIES side!!! In closing , I would like to say I wish all Americans that want to adopt should start here, and Big O should start building schools here., and try not to forget her poor background . Peace and Love : )

B. Smart

WHAT THE HELL DOES SHE MEAN BY PATTING HER ON HER BACK FOR ADOPTING NON-CAUCASIAN CHILDREN. WHY IN THE F*** WOULD THEY ADOPT WHITE KIDS AT ALL, NEITHER ANGELINA JOLIE NOR MADONNA ARE WHITE. THEY BOTH DESCEND FROM TWO VERY DIFFERENT RACES. ALL ITALIANS, MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE, JEWS, GREEKS, PORTUGESE, SPANIARDS, ARGENTINIANS, BRAZILIANS, AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINAL TRIBES, INDIANS FROM INDIA, PAKASTANI'S, ARMENIANS, TURKS, BASK ROMANIANS, ETC, ALL DESCEND FROM BLACK AFRICANS. AND ANGELINA JOLIE DESCENDS FROM NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS, AND ALL NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS DESCEND FROM ASIANS PERIOD!. ANY PERSON WHO IS KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT GENETICS KNOWS THIS. IT'S TIME FOR HOLLYWOOD TO GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR REARS AND STOP PASSING OFF NON-WHITES AS BEING "REAL" WHITE. I AM SICK OF IT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ALL OF THESE SO-CALLED INTELLIGENT PEOPLE, WHO ARE UTTERLY IGNORANT OF THE TRUTH, EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY NOT LIKE IT ONE BIT!. WISE UP AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL. GENETICS ARE GENETICS AND THEY DON'T AND CAN'T LIE. BY THE WAY 99% OF INTER-RACIAL COUPLES END THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITHIN 2 TO 5 YEARS OF INCEPTION, THAT'S A BIG DIFFERENCE THAN A NORMAL SAME-RACE COUPLE. THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS, AND IT'S BECAUSE WE REALLY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME, EVEN THOUGH SOME BRAINLESS PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE OTHERWISE NO MATTER WHAT

Cherry

I don't have a problem with Oprah opening up a school for under priveledged girls in Africa. What I have a problem with is Her (Oprah) constantly stroking herself through the Media!!!! Why bring a camera crew and broadcast it? Millions of people every day work miracles for people less fortunate than themselves and they are not looking for strokes or affirmation from the public. It's like she's bragging " I am so great !!! I am so Great!!! Look at me !!! I am so great!!! Just Another publicity hound - and that's Hollywood!!!! the land of Illusion

Nancy C. Jones

I've read ya'lls comments, and respect each of your viewpoints, now this is mine....

For many years, I've had as much love and respect for Oprah as anybody else.
I've enjoyed watching her shows, watching her, as a woman, move up in the world, becoming a success, and sharing her good fortune with others.

However, I too was deeply hurt and disappointed by her comment about not needing to appease the white people.

I don't know what is wrong with the white people of South Africa that would make her say such a thing.

And yes, it is true, it's her money she's spending and she can darn well spend it anyway she wants to.

However.......

It took an AWFUL LOT OF WHITE PEOPLE to get her to the phenonmenal success and financial worth that she now enjoys.
She didn't do it alone nor with just the help of her own black people.
For her to say such a disgraceful discriminatory statement only proves she is merely USING whites to get what she wants.

Shame on you Oprah!

So many celebrities recently are being publicly fried for impulsive racial slurs, but yet she goes merrily on her way without such a backlash.
I, for one, thinks she owes all white people an apology.

And on top of that, just this week, the town of Charlotte, North Carolina, who adopted a choir of African boys, presented her with a hefty check for her new Girls School and Oprah ridiculed them with some silliness about oh my, they're giving the 'billionaire' money, saying it over & over like a sing-song, like how silly for ya'll to give me money, I have more money than God, what do I need with your money?

Heads up, Oprah, NO they weren't giving YOU the money, it was for the school!

How dare you make fun of and belittle these wonderful peoples sacrifices, people who have families to feed and clothe, unlike yourself.

I, too, agree with whoever said, she could have taken the $40 million and built several schools to help more children become educated leaders.

Yes, I used to admire you, Miss Oprah, but not anymore, you have definitely fallen from grace in my eyes and heart.

julie

I really think this bitch suck, she is one person who came on TV and took the white people on a wild road trip,
she don't care about anyone is she did she would makes her money here then goes out of the country opens a shcool there pays $40 mi she could have had all the 5000 kids in that school of here but all she wanted 150 baby oprah and when she came back and said all american kids want is Ipads and shoes that did it for me.
I never liked the bitch and never will.
who would not want to have a school with all smart kids ask any teacher they would all want them ,
But it is the kids that don't have the smarts that need help and school.

joe

OPRAH ITS LIKE THE GLOBE IS YOUR FAMILY AND YOU JUST WON THE LOTTERY. NOTHING WILL EVER BE ENOUGH WITH THESE PEOPLE. LET ME TELL YOU YOUR DOING GREAT.YOUR A ROLE MODEL FOR THE WORLD. GOD BLESS YOU