Lampley Accuser: He Was High, Drunk & Violent

1/4/2007 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jim Lampley & Candice SandersThe woman who filed the domestic violence complaint against sportscaster Jim Lampley claims he repeatedly threw her against the wall of her apartment after drinking heavily and smoking pot.

In documents obtained by TMZ, Candice Sanders claims that on New Year's Eve, Lampley and his son Aaron joined her for dinner. Sanders says she was engaged to Lampley, who she claimed lived with her in the apartment.

Sanders alleges after dinner, at their apartment, Lampley "was drinking vodka and whiskey and became drunk." She adds in the document that "he was also high on pot."

Sanders, Miss California USA 2003, says in the complaint that the trouble began when she wanted to finish watching a movie. Lampley then "pulled me from the sofa I was on" and "began to yell at me and chased me around the apartment."

Sanders says at that point all hell broke loose. She alleges, "He grabbed me and threw me against a wall. He then threw me against another wall. He then threw me against the door and I collapsed."

Sanders goes on to say that 14-year-old Aaron saw her on the floor and she asked him to call the police. She writes in the document," Jim beat Aaron to the phone and kept Aaron from getting [to the phone]. She says Lampley then drove away with Aaron. Sanders claims she suffered head, neck and back injuries.

The 57-year-old Lampley was arrested last night on one felony count of domestic violence/corporal injury. He was also arrested for two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness.

Cops tell TMZ that the restraining order was issued on January 2. The next day (yesterday), Lampley showed up at Sanders' apartment as cops were investigating. That is the basis of the arrest for allegedly violating the restraining order.

sv

"Candice Sanders has been knocked out!"

B

What? No boxing moves thrown in there for good measure? Has Jim not learned anything from hosting HBO Boxing? So let me guess, Jim was doing all the partying and she was on the couch being a sweet little girl. I'll bet she spilled the bong and that set him off.

Ron Halpern

And the rest of us are supposed to give a damn because.....?

John

As I recall, this is not the first time Lampley has had a scrape with the law. Isn't this the same Jim Lampley that the police recognized and arrested during a nationally-televised football game ... I believe on ABC?

Frybread

Damn. Hopefully, when I'm Jim's age I can divorce my spinster of a wife and get with young, hot tail like this bimbo.

Blue Jewish

This bitch is nothing but a golddigger trying to get some money, she dated Junior Seau before and pulled some crazy shit like this...she's just trying to get as much money as she can...

billyboyhere

Lampley is a pig and a p***y. Any man being physically abusive to a woman is pathetic and weak, irregardless of being liquored up or not. Appears he has that problem too, boozing it up to cover his insecurity.

I'll never look at this man the same way again and I have been a fan of Boxing and his commentary for a number of years. Now I'll look at him the same way I do Michael Richards---was a fan, but am not now.

I hope beyond anger management, court fines, rehab, and a criminal record and the national shame he will endure as well as the loss of a beautiful lady this man suffers enough to change---even at 57.

Pig and a P***y simple as that Lampley...and if you want to do something about it I'll take you on any day with glee in punishing your sorry ass since all you seem to be able to man handle is a woman.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smoking pot will do that to you,throw in some drink,you have a mike tyson on your hands

theresa

THROW LAMPLEY IN JAIL FOR A LONG TIME! HE'S SCUM!!!!!

Whatever

Blah, blah, blah he was high and drunk and probably had too much coffee as well.

robertdrakes

Well that is what happens when you drink and smoke pot. What did she expect? By the way Plastic Business Cards Are A Must In 2007. Robertdrakes.com

Jacko

She needs to run and stay away--if he does it once he will do it again.
What a loser he is; chances are he blames her....what an idiot.
Anger management therapy should be mandatory

DONNA

What a dumb girl? What attracted her to that old man? Younger men are much better in the sack then old geezers! She obviously has no sense of good judgement.

Katie

Why doesn't he beat up Larry Merchant? He needs to!

Doesn't add up

Have met Lampley on many occasions, and this sounds WAY out of character. He's too bright a guy. Don't be quick to judge. Not to judge her either, but already claiming injuries and hanging out with a guy 30 years older? Sounds like an Anna Nicole Smith disciple.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments