Lampley Accuser: He Was High, Drunk & Violent

1/4/2007 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jim Lampley & Candice SandersThe woman who filed the domestic violence complaint against sportscaster Jim Lampley claims he repeatedly threw her against the wall of her apartment after drinking heavily and smoking pot.

In documents obtained by TMZ, Candice Sanders claims that on New Year's Eve, Lampley and his son Aaron joined her for dinner. Sanders says she was engaged to Lampley, who she claimed lived with her in the apartment.

Sanders alleges after dinner, at their apartment, Lampley "was drinking vodka and whiskey and became drunk." She adds in the document that "he was also high on pot."

Sanders, Miss California USA 2003, says in the complaint that the trouble began when she wanted to finish watching a movie. Lampley then "pulled me from the sofa I was on" and "began to yell at me and chased me around the apartment."

Sanders says at that point all hell broke loose. She alleges, "He grabbed me and threw me against a wall. He then threw me against another wall. He then threw me against the door and I collapsed."

Sanders goes on to say that 14-year-old Aaron saw her on the floor and she asked him to call the police. She writes in the document," Jim beat Aaron to the phone and kept Aaron from getting [to the phone]. She says Lampley then drove away with Aaron. Sanders claims she suffered head, neck and back injuries.

The 57-year-old Lampley was arrested last night on one felony count of domestic violence/corporal injury. He was also arrested for two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness.

Cops tell TMZ that the restraining order was issued on January 2. The next day (yesterday), Lampley showed up at Sanders' apartment as cops were investigating. That is the basis of the arrest for allegedly violating the restraining order.

JOHN YARBROUGH

Something is wrong with this picture.....I suspect that, as usual, its all about the money...she needs bank and publicity, he needs young stuff and who knows what....love these stories and how everybody gets in on the act. Did anyone notice that it just happened to be an exceptionally SLOW NEWS DAY!!!
He was maybe trying to leave the relationship and she said some really rude sh*t, he asked for the humiliation, who knows and as one previous comment said, come on people, who really cares, and if you do, get a LIFE.

Psychic Clara

Psychic Clara.

george vieto

Another Trump Chump dating a person old enough to be her father. Maybe Jim has been too close to the prizefights on HBO.

Jones

she's pretty hot! what is she doing with him? But how tiny is she that he can throw her?

Apres Ski

Would you guys still being saying 'you go Jim' that had Ms. California died? Yeah, I thought not. And would you still be saying that if it had happened to your mother, sister, aunt, grandmother, or female friend? I thought not!!

Would you guys still say, 'atta boy, Jimbo' if she were paralyzed after that last crash into the wall & door? I thought not.

I am stunned Lampley would behave in such a manner. This is the Mel Gibson of beatings. I hope she refuses to marry him after this. If this is what he's like on pot, vodka, & whiskey, then you don't need him!!

I hope she dumps this bastard for good.

Jodie

Apres Ski. Sure are alot of " ifs" in your post. Lets add another. What if this woman is full of sh*t. What if Lampley pissed her off and she used the police to get back at him. I know, these scenario's dont occur in the real world, but what if they did? Personally, I want to hear what he's got to say before forming an opinion, I'm crazy like that. P.S. What if the whole world waited for the whole story before they started whining? I know that will never happen, Im just saying, what if.

Me

#37: While I agree with you strongly on your post which pertains to the incident itself , I disagree on one point you made. Jim Lampley cheated on his wife with Bree Walker, who cheated on her husband, both subscribing to the "if I'm happy, everyone's happy" philosophy of adulterers. Remember the adage, "The best thing a father can do for his children is love their mother." You may think he's a devoted father...but good men don't do this to their kids anymore than they do it to their spouses. He wasn't devoted when his wife was home with his children; he was "otherwise occupied."

Jodie

Psychic Clara. "Unfortunately, too many men are violent these days, it is really out of control."?????? What do you mean "these days"? As opposed to when?

Azaziah

I heard from a reliable source that all that dude did was bang one of her friends and she got mad and fabricated the whole story, and pretty sure that it's true. This chick has issues.

JOE

WOW THATS SHOCKING.I ALWAYS LIKED AND RESPECTED HIM.BUT ANY GUY WHO BEATS UP ON WOMEN IS NOT A MAN.BUT A F***IN PUNK

Gwen

Just remember folks their are still folks out there who think that Nicole Simpson deserved being murdered. I would listen to any woman who says she was beaten by a man. These are serious allegations, and like OJ Simpson a sterling past does not make it unbelievable. Haven't we learned at least that much by now?

Gene

something sounds strange about all of this. What set him off. Something got him fired up. No he shouldn't have done that, but is she lily white in all this?

alain r gibbs

never give a fool something to drink, okay young laldy time to move on,,,,,,,,,,,good luck

Azaziah

This chick has issues, no-one ever laid a finger on her. Now at least more than one person stuck 4 fingers up her p***y all at once but that does not constitute a crime. Beating on women is not in style anymore, most of the allegations are totally false in these type situations. I bet this chick went to a phychiaret and the phycologist an the phycotherapist told her that every person banged her while she was real young. This kind of stuff just doesn't happen these days.Stay away from stargazers!

Azaziah

John everyone is line for scrape with the law,like Tony Montana said you just all know how to hide and how to lie.The bottom was knocked out of that bitch's p***y long ago,and I bet her p***y stays sore all the time,however it's not from her husband layin the pipe.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments