Lampley: "I'm Not Guilty of This Charge"

1/5/2007 12:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sportscaster Jim Lampley has issued a statement, just two days after he was arrested for spousal abuse.

"I am innocent of the charge of domestic abuse that has been leveled against me and will vigorously defend myself," Lampley said. "I have tremendous respect for the justice system as a whole and for the San Diego courts and District Attorney's office specifically.

"I'm confident that the process will prove that I'm not guilty of this charge. I thank my friends and family for their support during this difficult time, and ask for the understanding and patience from the media until my legal situation allows me to discuss this in more depth."

Police arrested Lampley outside of San Diego on Wednesday night after he allegedly threw fiancée Candice Sanders against the wall of her apartment after drinking and smoking pot.

Sanders, Miss California USA 2003, appeared in a San Diego court Thursday to request a permanent restraining order against Lampley. The judge granted her request.

bigSHADY

That's some gangsta sh** ....And I don't think Lamps is capable of such an act. He was probably describing a fight just as "Miss USA" walked by ..... She just happened to catch a glancing blow to the chops ....Lucky it was glancing though ... IT'S NOTHING! Let's forget about it.

Memo to D.A.: Sweep the Lampley thing under the rug.

R.

I saw this man inteviewed once. Very disturbing. He was married to Bree Walker at the time. I remember thinking to myself that this was a guy that needed serious help. I am 100% certain based on that interview that he is a batterer. And my God, his arrogance during that interview was off the charts. I hope he is sent to jail where he belongs.

Jodie

Lets see. So far we have one beautiful young woman who saw fit to date a much older guy, who just happens to be rich and own his own movie production company, then claim that he beat her. We have the guy saying she's full of sh*t and we have the guys ex-wife saying she's full of sh*t. Sorry, based only on what we know, I'd say the scales are tipped in favor of Jim Lampley. That being said, we still dont know much about this situation, so I reserve any personal judgement for now. It's actually pretty scary that you guys are siding with either person at this point. Oh and "D (#16)", you are by far the scariest. The idea that you were able to peg a man, who for 57 years of life has never been accused of putting his hands on anyone, as a woman beater from a past interview is ridiculous.

We, are not amused.

Hey Susie Q:
How's it feel to know that the best part of you ran down your mom's asscrack, after your parental unit rolled off of her?

We, are not amused.

Bit*ch slapping a moolie is no crime.
They are all lying whores, can't help themselves.
Lying and stealing your wallet, that's what they do best!
That and sucking the cream out of your "man eclair".

We, are not amused.

Bit*ch slapping a moolie is no crime.
They are all lying whores, can't help themselves.
Lying and stealing your wallet, that's what they do best!
That and sucking the cream out of your "man eclair".

He's Boring now

Hey Lampley could you be a little more accomodating to the Police and Court systems in San Diego? My goodness if that is your defense, complimenting the Police and Prosecutors, than I would suspect you dont have much of a defense..especially if there are photos involving bruises, and sworn testimony. Also seems to me you were arrested when the police happened to come by checking up on a previous restraining order and lo and behold you happened to be there when you were not supposed to be.....either way, I'm sure the lady has some explaining to do, but no matter her explanation, if you have struck her you shall pay---in criminal and maybe also civil court.

Of course you are going to say you are innocent of these charges....uh, they all do.

Hate to already convict you here but why would a Lady with no previous weirdness about her simply make this up...come clean Lampley, its part of recovery sir.

Pop

Candice is hot.

Jodie

You know, the actual police report is online now people. Some notable excerpts from the the officer that wrote the report are 1. No signs of injury or bruising 2. in the area for description of evidence (photographs, witnesses,etc.)= none 3. she didnt tell the officer who took the report that she was thrown around the room and against walls, she said they were arguing and lampley pushed her and she stumbled against a door and fell down. 4. the officer asked her if she needed medical attention or ever felt like hurting herself, she said no 5. she seemed to need to repeat how famous he is and how he has been a commentator for large boxing matches, the winter olympics,etc. I dont know, maybe he did kick her ass all over the apartment, but that isnt what she told the police. He must not be as capable as the boxers he covers, because there wasnt a scratch or bruise on her, according to the police. Not that any of that matters, people seemed to have convicted him already.

Vernon Dozier

Lampley -

You old turd. Any guy that hits a woman should rot in jail.

If nothing else. Jim, crawl back under that rock you came out from. You used to be someone about 30 years ago. Now you're just nothing but a LOSER.

David Jay

I am not going to pass judgement, until all the facts are in. I never cared for Lampley especially on HBO Boxing. He will put down the Boxers that are less then others, never been in the Ring himself, doesn't have the right to put down any of them. He is one sided if he likes one Boxer over another, calls punches that are not there. If found guilty, he will surely lose job at HBO. His punishment should be, put in the ring with any Boxer for a fight to the finish.

bigSHADY

Please, people.....refer to post #15

The Lampley thing is over.....We GOOD? Alright, then.

Brit_ney Rulez

This chick needs to lay off the plastic surgery. She's starting to look weird.

JACEY

Wow Suzie Q your comment that says:

6. Any man who allows his child to be born with a deformity is a selfish person in my eyes. Ex wife Bree Walker and he should both rot somewhere. Trust me he did do these things. What a disgusting pig.

Posted at 12:55PM on Jan 5th 2007 by Suzie Q

Their chid as her Mother Bree may have a deformity but they are productive people in society. Your statement is very narrow minded and shallow just as you are. You said that if someone might have a child with a deformity they shouldn't have kids? And that makes him a wife beater?

I agree with the other comment, your Mama should have taken the morning after pill when she was pregnant with you, that way your narrow minded, shallow deformity wouldn't be around.

Based on the report, his statement & the ex-wife statement, I doubt this incident happened.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2