Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

Jack Tripper

Maybe she can move in with Mr. Ferlee

Mary Ann

My hopes and prayers are with Suzanne and her family. This kind of devastation and loss doesn't have a pricetag or a resale value. It is loss. Insurance is the last thing they are thinking of. Malibu is beautiful and worth the fires and following floods. To have your dream home and all your memories literally go "up in smoke" is the last thing you think of happening. I can see the smoke from my house and it is so sad.

bigSHADY

Definitely a shame .... but Daayum, she still has it goin' on!!!!!

My two cents

I remain continually amazed at the weirdos/sickos that come out of the woodwork on this site. Some of you write that, "you don't care", however you care enough to have to write something nasty or something horrible about the topic at hand. Have some of you considered therapy? Is your brain so twisted that some of you find humor at something so terribly devastating? When something terrible happens to you, consider it the karma you deserve for being such an asswipe.

just keeping it real

OH PLEASE,

JUST GO ON HSN AND SELL SOME MORE OF YOUR CRAPPY ASS STUFF THAT FALLS APART AND IS SO DAMN NOT WORTH THE MONEY. SHE WILL HAVE A BIGGER HOUSE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND SO LIFE GOES ON FOR EVERYDAY PEOPLE THAT LOOSE THERE HOUSES IN FIRES AND STILL NOT REBUILT. I FEEL SORRY FOR THE RICH AND FAMOUS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Sharon Fly

I am saddened for Suzanne's loss. It is not the monetary amount that was lost but the pictures and the momentos that were destroyed. Of course she and her husband can rebuild but nothing will replace the memories. How sad for people that don't realize that. My heart goes out to Suzanne and her family.

My two cents

Gosh Cheryl, you are quite the evil one? Hopefully somewhere in life your house will burn down and no one feels sorry for you because, hell, you can always get a new one too!! Hopefully it will happen to you sooner than later so you remember the lesson on this one.

Becky

So sorry to hear about Ms. Sommers house Fire, I just survived a house fire that also took all i owned: I sure she as more than enough money to rebuild her life, and get back all that meterial crap she had: It's not llike the working poor, who just have to pick up and move on because we we not so lucky in the well to do area:
At least she and her family survived:

Earl n Rose

Suzanne ..... our hearts go out to you ...... losing all your memories and valuables has to be heart wrenching.

May an angel ride with you ....... and bring it all back better than before.

Rose n Earl

Mad Balls

I feel very sorry for her . She looks great and I hope every is OK . Her walk-out on " Threes' Company" pissed alot of people off but it made alot' of actors happy as it helped change the way actors are payed on TV . What ? you thought I'd trash this sweetheart of a Lady ? Dickheads .

Linda

Like Suzanne just said on TV ~ her cup is half FULL, not half empty.
And to those of you making comments about donations, etc. she has asked for none! Like she said, she does not have a son in Iraq, and doesn't have it half as bad as many others in the world. She IS a realist. Get real all of you with your nasty comments! And YES she said they would rebuild! She works hard for her money ~ more than I can say for some of you that are posting.
YOU GO SUZANNE!!!!!!!!!!!

Allred Tree

My heart also goes out to the others who suffered losses in this tragedy who may not be famous or as famous as Suzanne. I am sure they are just as devastated

Midnight Express

Nobody should be allowed to build closer than one mile from the beech. Beeches should be treated as National treasure and be for the common bennifit. Building buildings on beech front is an esthetic tragedy.

The greedy destruction of the natural beauty of of our Nations beeches reminds me of the tragic destruction of 2 and 3 thousand year old sequoias; a nightmare in our Nations not to distant past.

bigSHADY

For James A. Simwell,

Yeah, that must be why whenever there's a wild fire in Arizona or some other state, they call So. Cal fire fighters - because we have the worst Fire Fighters. Could it possibly be the conditions - Santa Ana winds, Dry Brush? No?

Genious comment, James!! ... That's why the teacher never called on you.

andrew barker

Ken Hughes sure doesn't have "his" facts straight. If he thinks everyone in California obeys the fire prevention or any other highway sign, he's living in a make believable world!

Being a 63 year old native of Calif., I've see hundreds of idiots throwing junk from their cars. I spent fourteen years making the hundred mile round trip from Idyllwild (high in the mountains above Palm Springs) to my office in the desert. There hasn't been a year that I have not been behind some car and watched it's driver flick a iit butt out of their car - even during the height of fire season in the national forest.

I've seen and experienced wildfires up close and even had to evacuate our home during the1996 Bee Canyon Fire. Almost every major fire in Southern California has been ignited by som carelessact or some sick f***!