Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

just keeping it real

# 54 SHUT THE F---------K UP DON'T NEED A SERMON FROM YOU BACK AT YA HOPE YOUR HOUSE BURNS DOWN TOO................

ann coulter

did someone leave a cigarette burning?

Carol

It is sad for anyone to lose their home. I don't
understand how people can write such mean
things in regard to Suzanne, but not everyone is
as nice as she is.

Sherrie Sletten

Dear Suzanne and family, as well as all that have lost their homes in yesterday's fire:
Loss is not easy at any economic level. The cherished memories of fun with family and friends, the feelings of safety and community connection are temporarily disconnected. It's difficult. It's sad. I am grateful that no lives are lost and wish you all God's comfort through the process of grieving and rebuilding.

bigSHADY

Andrew,
Ahh, Idyllwild. Love that place ... can't get enough of the Red Kettle ... Good times up there!

just keeping it real

#66 WE ARE ALL LAUGHING AT YOU YOUR THE FREAKIN LOSER

Wayne Penner

THis is a class "A" lady who lives her spiritual mission, and it shows in this tremendously powerful and inspirational statemnt. THose who diss her are entitled to their opinion, but I would ask them to consider her position and how strong you must be to talk like this in the face of disaster, regardless of how much money she has ... Give the lady a break!

My two cents

I certainly do not see anyone laughing at ME Cheryl. It is only YOU and I could care less if you are or not. I think you are a horrible person for your original writing here. Just because Suzanne has money, which she earned every single penny HERSELF does NOT give you a right to be so ignorant, aweful, shameless and spiteful regarding her loss. Certainly she can buy a new home, HOWEVER, losing her home, her possessions and anything else is a devasting thing. I do not care how much money she has or how many homes she can buy, this was HER home, paid for and much loved. Her loss was terrible and for you to inflict YOUR SH*T because you are a jealous and a petty person ignited MY fire on you you ignorant piece of sh*t!

Suzanne

I am so sorry for them but think Suzanne has the right attitude. She and I were born a couple years apart, same area and same name. She was born Mahoney and so was I!!! Boy I wish I looked like her!!! Anyway it's great to see someone with so much realize that as long as life was not lost, they surely can rebuild! Think of those in fires that lose all and have no $ to rebuild! Now that's a tragedy.

FRANCINE EVANGELISTA

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVE SUZANNE IN ALL HER WORK. I FEEL VERY BADLY FOR HER LOSS. I HOPE SHE KEEPS ALL THE FAITH SHE HAS ALWAYS HAD AND PRAYS FOR BETTER TIMES. YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS SUZANNE. THE WORLD LOVES YOU.

Ken

The irony is that several years ago when there was a fire in a Palm Springs canyon, Suzanne saved Sonny Bono's home from being burned. Their homes are across a canyon from each other. I'm very sad for Suzanne and Alan. I have much admiration for them.

PJTromans

I experienced a house fire in 1980 losing everything. My children and I learned a lesson that things are not so important if you have each other. My kids baby pics and alot of other sentimental stuff are now stored in my brain. But when I see my grown children and their children I see what is important. It is a horendous experience but as someone mentioned something good can come out of this tragedy.

john

So sorry for Suzanne, I enjoyed her on three's company and her interviews on Larry King are so inspiring. She is a good business woman and good person. I am so glad she was not home at the time. I wonder if her garage is full of chared thigh masters?

Starr Wren

Suzanne, I am and have been such a fan of yours for so many years. I am so so sorry for your loss. As you said, something wonderful in time will come from this horrible tradgedy. ...You are a great inspiration to me...God bless you and your family...

cliff

Somebody please hand me a tissue...I'm very sorry to hear that these homes burned and all possessions were lost, but geeze folks, ...I'm sure these millionaires had ample insurance to rebuild or relocate to even better areas. Ordinary common folk loose possessions everyday in tragedies like this and many have nowhere to go.