Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

joannepolizzi

93 listen! suzanne said noting wrong! she saided noting worst than having children at war.then having a fire a fire you can handle !having children in iraq is a horror. so pay attention before you comment!

joannepolizzi

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST SO HORRIBLE! 92&94 AND ANYONE ELSE WHO THINKS LIKE THAT!

joannepolizzi

yes i agree with #8 what r u thinking? suzanne just lost everything ! thank god she and hubby wasn't in the house

Jennifer

THe dollar thing is Sally Struthers, not Suzanne Somers- she doesn't do those commercials.

Jesse

I would love to spend a lot of time going off on all the jerks who have nothing better to do but spent time on these blogs kicking someone while they are already down. You know who you are. However, I'd like to utilize this time to send Ms. Somers my concerns (whether she reads this or not). By the way, I had a crush on her when I was a little boy watching Three's Company. She's still hot!

Whatever

She is a strong lady, carry on!

Alexander Chandler

OK granted I admit its a bad pic of her - but thats what the media feeds on ...Tyra Banks herself said reporters/photographers lie in wait to snap some awfull photo of you either taking out trash , eating , talking etc . I saw her on tv earlier discussing her home and I thought she looked fine :) Especially just considering -- I live in California in a nice house ( but certainly not loaded ..lol ) But I know that living here we are prone to quakes , floods , and fires ..kinda comes with the territory ..Even if I could afford it I'd never situate my house in Malibu just for that reason ...But none the less its your right to if you see fit :) The important part is that no one was hurt and its just material - Materials can be replaced - Not Life . Empathy and Best Wishes to Allen and Suzanne for all the yrs of laughter she has given us in the Past .

JEREMY

TURN A DEAF EAR TO ALL NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AND WORDS. THIS IS A TERRIBLE TRAGEDY TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE,AND THOSE WHO LIKE TO TAKE POTSHOTS AT CELEBRITIES WHO HAVE ADVERSITY IN THEIR LIVES ARE UNFIT TO LIVE THEMSELVES. I WOULD RECOMMEND TO THOSE VICTIMS THAT THEY REBUILD IN SOME OTHER AREA LESS PRONE TO DISASTERS LIKE THIS. I WOULD SUGGEST MONTANA,OR NEW MEXICO. THOSE AREAS HAVE JUST AS MUCH OR MORE TO OFFER THAN CALIFORNIA. MINNESOTA HAS GOOD FISHING AREAS ,FROM WHAT I HEAR. GOOD CHOICES. STAY STRONG . THIS ,TOO,SHALL PASS.

grace

I like TMX but if I have to see that Dove AD again I will stick to Perez.

Georgia Peach

To Cheryl #47, #59, etc. and to Dan McGuire #27 -
First, to Cheryl. You definitely need to seek counseling - something is wrong with you. Every word you wrote was vile and dispicable. There are mental clinics in your area, I am sure. FIND ONE AND GO NOW!!!!! You are deranged. And, learn to spell you frickin IDIOT!!! "...so life goes on for everyday people that loose there houses in fires...." The word is "their", not "there". The word there is not possessive, you idiot. GO BACK TO SCHOOL & LEARN YOUR BASIC LANGUAGE SKILLS. Oh, and I applaud "Laughing at all of YOU" for taking you on. "Laughing" certainly pointed out what a complete MORON you really are.

And to Dan McGuire - go with Cheryl to seek thereapy. Both of you are hateful, ugly people with obvious issues of jealousy and resentment. A little anger management might do you both some good.

To Suzanne and Alan - I am so sorry for your loss (and the losses of those surrounding you). I wish nothing but wonderful things for you and your family in the future.

Mrs. Dugas

First of all I am sorry for all those that lost their homes, second I am ashamed for the people making a mockery of it. AJ? Send your dollar to BUYSOMECLASS.COM you definately are in need of some
My prayers are with all the homeowners

Mrs. Dugas

Dear Ken and MeMe # 76 and # 90
I think you are not only missing Suzanne's point about not having a child fighting in Iraq, but you both missed the boat on comprehension as well. Let me break it down for ya.... what she is meaning is that the mothers with children fighting in Iraq are suffering and hurting much worse than her. She can rebuild and knows it will be alright, as where the mothers don't even know if their child will make it home. If any further explanations are needed just ask any 10 year old that might have heard Suzanne saying it

Susan Oatman

It is such a terrible tragedy for Suzanne and Alan and for the rest who lost their homes. I just hope no one or any pets were hurt or burned and killed. I also know how hard it is to lose everything you had and all your memories or things you have seen or done.
Once I had a wreck when I was growing up, I was afraid my Dad would be mad because the new car was all torn up. (I was not at fault, a driver in a truck turned on me just as I was passing, he didn't look first or even give a signal).
My Dad just said, "We can replace the car, but if you'd been killed, we couldn't replace you!"
I say the same, "Thank God we didn't didn't lose you!!!"
You have lost a lot more than a car, but thank God you weren't in it asleep when it happened, you might have died. I thank God for your lives and pray for you and know you will replace things in time as you rebuild and get over the shock. Another thing, the fire can never take away all the good memories you have, they are forever in your hearts and minds.
May God Bless and watch over you, keep you safe and give you strength! Not only will you get through this, you are very strong and you will become even stronger. That is the way you are!!!!!!!
I hope and pray they find how or who started it or how it started for your sakes and others too!!!!

lana sunshine

what spiritual maturity. her sondbites show their are always lemons for us to turn to lemonade. to all thos who lose everything and keep going i salute.

Lidia

I am sorry about Suzanne's home.....alll these rich people with alll their money are suffering 2...........