Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

MARY GANTALA

FIRST I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I LOVE SUZANNE SOMMERS ,AND I AM SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF HER HOME .AND I HOPE AND PRAY THAT SHE DID'T HAVE ANY PET THERE WHEN THAT HOME CAUGHT ON FIRE. BUT I KNOW THAT SHE CAN REBUILD SHE IS A STONG PERSON AND CAN OVER COME THIS ORDEAL GOD BLESS HER RICHLY SHE DOES'NT DESERVE ANY OF THIS GOOD LUCK SUZANNE YOUR IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

Janet Traylor

I am really sorry Suzanne for your house I just loved Threes Company My girls and I still watch it now and love you. You Rock. We are really sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,

Janet Traylor

West Jordan, Utah

Jean

Yes it is sad to loose a home to a fire,to loose the material things BUT you/they still have there loved ones, they still have there lives & can be rebuilt. Some folks loose alot more then that & sadly they dont have insurance,perhaps they couldnt afford it but these people who have money make a big deal of certain things. If they have items that are valuable, that they can't ever get back well then it should have been placed in a safe place.
Some times made claims about the non-replacable items either for the attention and/or money. Thats a real shame that certain people do that at others heart breaking expense. I don't mean heartbreaking in there so calling feeling but to use "oh my stuff was worth alot of memories. Well again then even you wanting to show it off perhaps it could have been place in a safe area. So please don't cry to the people that your tiems, the ones that were valuable in essence you didn't think and the insurance companies do ask why wasn't this placed in a safe area & they don't have to pay since the person wasn't careful enough.
I am NOT be mean or heartless just seeing what could have been avoided.
Better luck next time.

Eric

I am saddened for Ms. Somers for the loss of her home. I have always admired her. My admiration is even greater now while in the face of her own tragedy she can recognize that greater tragedy exists. God bless her and god bless our troops.

flygirl

No...shame on you #88 and all the rest of you idiots. Don't you know she was meaning that her life could be a lot worse if she had someone she loved in Iraq...at least a house can be replaced. It's really scary to think that a lot of the people leaving these comments are well educated, Dr.'s, CEO's, etc. These are the people running our world. Then there are people like Cheryl who need to be committed and never let out. There isn't any medication strong enough to help such mean spirited people. People who say such mean things...don't worry...your time will come. What goes around comes around. That's what life is all about.

To Alan and Suzanne...just know that no one can take your memories from you. Everything else is material. While nice to look back on...you can't take it with you. You have your winning spirit and I hope your loss was only material...no pets!
Hope to have you on one of my flights someday.

flygirl

PN

I am shocked that Suzanne Somers' home was destroyed in that fire that affected many Malibu homes. I hope that she and Alan Hamel escaped safely as well as other residents. I hope that no other celebrities' homes were destroyed. Producer/musician David Foster lived in a sprawling home there that was in that short-lived reality show on Fox in summer 2005 with his adult sons. Hope that it wasn't hit. My thoughts go out to Suzanne in this difficult time.

Congratulations

I saw when she made that comment on the news, Suzie Q. Her attitude was remarkable…when she said "I didn't lose a son in Iraq", my admiration for her went up tenfold. Sure, she has money, but no amount can buy back all the family photos and mementos she undoubtedly lost…it's sad.

Congratulations

She was putting her loss in perspective…basically saying that losing her home was nothing compared to a parent losing a child in Iraq. She can get another home, but a parent cannot replace their child. What isn't true about that? I have a sister in the Army, and I'd rather have my home burn down any day than lose her. I thought Suzanne's comment was very gracious.

Shell

Actually, it was Sonny Bono who saved Suzanne's Palm Springs home from burning back in the late 80s. He sprayed it with a garden hose until firefighters could get to it.

joannepolizzi

suzanne and alan hope you are doing betterdon't read some of these comments .people are jealou .god don't like ugly

T. Swaid

I just wanted to say that losing your home during a fire is a very dramatic situation. What does it matter what Susan looks like or how much money she makes? The point is she made enough to have a nice home and maybe if some people would get jobs and go to work everyday they wouldnt be making stupid commits about it only takes a dollar to feed her and her plastic surgery looks awful. Well at least she can afford to have plastic surgery. ( If she did or not i dont really know) Are you jealous about the fact that she could afford to have it and the fact that you cannot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lyiea

It's has nothing to do with whether or not Suzanne and her husband are rich and live in one of the most exclusive areas of California..I feel bad for her and her husband because they just seem like they are very nice people ..you have never really heard anything bad about either of them ..but only good things about her and I wish her the best of luck..we all know they can afford a new mansion but the fact remains its sad they lost there old one...there are some things that I'm sure can never be replaced...Goodluck to both of them..

caesar romulus

" Come and knock on my door, we've been waiting for you".......cuz you have no house. Cali sucks - midwest rules

Crys

I'm so sorry Suzanne. You're in our prayers. And to all the others who lost their homes and memories, and pets. We're so very sorry.

sureheather

Suzanne has earned every penny of her reported millions because she's a talented entrepreneur but also she's got what most Hollywood people don't have - a long term marriage where her partner supports her businesses and show biz career.. These bimbo's nowadays who jump around from partner to partner should be looking at the good example Suzanne and Alan have shown.

It saddened me to hear of their house burning down but her positive attitude about rebuilding and why she's not totally crushed is not to be ignored. Btw, I'm not a paying fan, don't buy any of her products and probably never will. I just admire the woman and the man behind her.