Suzanne Somers' Home Destroyed in Fire

1/9/2007 1:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that the home of Suzanne Somers was completely destroyed in a fast-moving fire that also engulfed several other multi-million dollar homes in Malibu. Most homes in the area go for between $5 and $15 million.

The blaze burned near Malibu Colony, one of the area's original beachfront neighborhoods. The densely built stretch of luxury homes is a favorite of celebrities, and boasts such residents as Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan, Pamela Anderson, Barbra Streisand, Ted Danson, David Geffen and Courteney Cox-Arquette.

Malibu fire: Click to watchSomers, perhaps best known for her role on the 80s sitcom "Three's Company," currently sells diet and lifestyle products with her husband of nearly 30 years, Alan Hamel.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Angela

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Suzanne! What a tragedy. You sound like a women who has a tremendous amount of strengh and courage. You are counting your blessings in the midst of a terrible circumstance! Alot of us can learn by your example! The people who are joking in the midst of this tragedy are extremly immature and need to grow up! Take your jokes somewhere else. God Bless you and I will pray for you in this difficult time.

That just sucks.

Now Suzanne, Losing your home is a tragedy. I am very sorry for your loss. Now my friends home was in the lower 9th ward and he did not get the same press coverage as you. You will be reimbursed well by the insurance company and rebuild. My friend is, to date, waiting on any information to settle his loss of everything. Now go to your other multi-million dollar home and sulk.

Leslie A.

Geez people...Her house burnt down, she comes to see what happened and a hundred TV news crews are hovering around her...how she looked, what she said, how much success or money she has really isnt the point here....she probably just wanted to lean on her husbands shoulder and cry, like most of us would. Instead she put on a brave face and was very gracefull. Im sure she knows that she is blessed to be well off, and she isnt asking for anything. Some of her words were taken out of context, what else is new?? I understood what she meant, and most people with any brains did as well....you probably won't see this Suzanne, but I'll send my best wishes to you and Al anyway.....no need for the nasty comments from the sickos, I wont read them, I just wanted to send this out to the universe.....thanks

Connie Bouchles

In response to A.J. who has a dollar to mail to Suzanne, I would suggest that you take that dollar and save it, just in case the same thing happens to you(hopefully ) ! It does not matter if they have money or not, they still lost their "life"as they knew it, as well as all their belongings that were precious to them. Your sick and envious jealousy is pathetic !! These people may have more than you have, but they have put themselves out there to work hard and better their life. And what have you done with YOURS? ENVY IS JUST SO UGLY !!! CB

Judy Moran

SMOKERS ARE SUCH SELFISH IDIOTS...THEY ARE ALWAYS FLICKING THEIR BUTTS WITHOUT STEPPING ON THEM...nOT ONLY DO THEY START FIRES THIS WAY BUT THEY ARE CONTINUALLY POLLUTING THE AIR THAT WE ALL HAVE TO SHARE. YOU SMOKERS ARE THE WORST..HATE U ALL!1

DEB

TO ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KEEPS COMMENTING ON ONLY FEEDING SUZANNE FOR ONLY $1.00 KEEP YOU COMMENTS TO YOURSELF MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH ALAN AND SUZANNE AND FAMILY HOPE THEY GET THE PERSON OR SET THE FIRE

Carol Hollomon

Suzanne has suffered a terrible loss. I don't care if she's rich and if she has great insurance that will pay to rebuild the house - it will never be the same and consequently neither will she. You can't put a price on your personal possessions. Pictures of loved ones, etc. My heart goes out to her.

lee

i stopped being a fan of susan s. since she made a racial statement on a daytime talk show so hell with her. shes rich she'll rebuild and it will burn down again.

B. Smart

That's a whole lotta "Thigh Masters" Ms. Somers scammed people for. It really is true that what goes around, comes back around 10 fold. (LOL). People get exactly what they deserve in this life. It's karma baby!

janet hobbs

I have always loved Suzanne. This comes as a great shock. I know she can rebuild and make the home fireproof, as well as more custom made, but her life treasures cannot be replaced.

I hope she and Alan will be alright.

Janet Hobbs

don turner

Suzanne appears to be getting special treatment from her insurance co, which no one else received

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8