Madonna's Got Rosie's Back

1/11/2007 2:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comMadonna has chimed in on the Donald Trump/Rosie O'Donnell war of words, and has come to the defense of her longtime gal pal.

The Material Mom, who co-starred with O'Donnell in "A League of Their Own," told "Today's" Meredith Vieira, "People are giving Rosie a hard time. I wish they'd stop. I don't think it's fair." Madge revealed she was on vacation when news of the public feud broke, and quickly emailed Rosie to get the real scoop. "I have to hear it from the horse's mouth." Those are her words, not ours!

Madonna believes that since O'Donnell is a standup comic, saying controversial things in monologues is par for the course. "I have a feeling that if every stand-up comic was penalized for saying politically incorrect or provocative things, I think they'd all be hung in the public square." Can you say Michael Richards?

Her Madgesty went on "Today" to plug her new animated film, "Arthur and the Invisibles," which opens Friday.

andy

I'm beginning to feel bad for Trump, because the only people rushing to his defense are the morons who read TMZ and the New York Post. (And, well, Star Jones). Poor guy. Not only is he a total tool, his fans are even more retarded.

I'd definitely rather have Madonna, the hottest 48-yr old in the universe, on my side than a bunch of mouth-breathing middle schoolers who post on this site.

Go Rosie.

andy

Trump is such a joke, that just mentioning him at all qualifies as comedy.

blah blah blah

d-man
youare far from ever being close to A MAN
you are the most pathetic dick head that walked the face of the earth. you are a poor example of the male species you have no meaning what so ever of even being a real man. you have no values or principals except for being the woman basher that you are. you have no balls to call your own so you have to belittle women in general to make you feel superior to those men who do have balls. you pecker head

and I am entitled to my opinion also

yes I am proud to be a bitch to your kind

Niki

I could care less what Madonna says or thinks. I do have one request however. When she does speak, I wish she'd drop the psuedo-british accent. It is annoying as hell and it's like she's trying to think about it in order to do it. Just further proof she sucks as an actress.

Lynda

Who is Madonna trying to impress with her phony English accent? Just listen to this video again and note how she tries to pronounce some words with an English accent. But when she uses the word "square" it's definitely the Detroit accent thing going on.

Jilly

I can't stand Donald Trump, his arrogance is over the top and I'm glad someone
has finally stopped this man from tooting his own horn ALL the time. It's so annoying. I do think they're both wrong though for behaving like children and continuing this feud...enough already!

Kathie is a phony

F*** ALL YOU STAR WORSHIPPERS! SHE WAS, IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE A BIG FAT UGLY STINKY BAG OF HORSE SH*T! HOW FAST SHE GOT OFF HER HIGH HORSE WHEN SHE WAS CANNED BY THE VIEW! SHE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HER BIG MOUTH SHUT, ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HERSELF AND HER SISSY HUSBAND! ONLY A TOTAL A**HOLE WOULD MARRY THAT SKANK! I'M SO GLAD HER UGLY PUSS IS OFF THE TV. SHE WAS BETTER LOOKING WHEN SHE WAS A FAT SLOB!

Kathie is a phony

GO BABY! GIVE THAT MISERABLE PIECE OF SH*T A WHOPPING! HE IS WORSE THAN A THREE DAY OLD PILE OF PUKE! AND HE SERIOUSLY NEEDS A SHRINK! HE'S GOT THE IQ OF A PETRIFIED TURD! AND HE'S RIGHT TO CALL HIMSELF "D-MAN..." THE D STANDS-- FOR DICK-- DUFUS-- DISGUSTING-- DEGENERATE-- DEMENTED, AND DISAPPEAR YOU A**HOLE! WE'RE SICK OF YOUR SCUMMY POSTS!

MizLissa

ROFL! Madonna defending Rosie is like covering the smell of manure with more manure.

andy

TMZ readers defending Donald Trump is like covering manure with retarded manure.

Thinking in Type

Disclaimer: I have not seen the interview and my views and comments are based solely on the TMZ article...you know how reliable that is.)

What does having a comic have to do with Rosie defaming Donald Trump? So, if one takes Madonna's argument anyone can make defamatory statements and get away with it if they get a laugh out of it? B.S.

mystisol

They're both acting like they are still in high school. She said something he didn't like and vice versa. Is this really that big of a deal to either of them? No...drama always gets publicity....DONALD. It's a cheap way to say, "Look at me." Rosie may not have been right...she may have, but I will say that since that statement was made, I have heard only of Rosie reacting to Donald...or should I say Mr. I just can't let it go. I really believe the man can't handle someone thinking he's not all powerful and wonderful. Of I know either of them personally, so we could all be wrong, but, since everyone's entitled to their own opinion, mine would be they both need to grow up.

Elle

Hey Madge - Pictures are hung, people are hanged.

duh...totally !

I LOVE Madonna !
always have, always will !

She is an ICON......can't say that about any others these days or anyone from the last decade for that matter !

LUV-U Madonna !!!!

Gwen

Jilly,

Of course the behavior of everyone involved in this sorry little saga has exhibited the worst in human nature. Immaturity apparently has never had an age definition. I am just hoping that O'Donnell, Walters, Trump and whomever else is in the mix stops to think about their reputations for a split second. It all stems from the way we are raised as children. Apparently financial success is not an indicator of being raised right with good moral character. I think that statement applies to all of the players in this little TV saga.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments