Madonna's Got Rosie's Back

1/11/2007 2:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comMadonna has chimed in on the Donald Trump/Rosie O'Donnell war of words, and has come to the defense of her longtime gal pal.

The Material Mom, who co-starred with O'Donnell in "A League of Their Own," told "Today's" Meredith Vieira, "People are giving Rosie a hard time. I wish they'd stop. I don't think it's fair." Madge revealed she was on vacation when news of the public feud broke, and quickly emailed Rosie to get the real scoop. "I have to hear it from the horse's mouth." Those are her words, not ours!

Madonna believes that since O'Donnell is a standup comic, saying controversial things in monologues is par for the course. "I have a feeling that if every stand-up comic was penalized for saying politically incorrect or provocative things, I think they'd all be hung in the public square." Can you say Michael Richards?

Her Madgesty went on "Today" to plug her new animated film, "Arthur and the Invisibles," which opens Friday.

dave

ITS HARD TO FATHOM THAT MADONNA KEPT HER LEGS SHUT LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE A COMMENT.
MR.TRUMP...WHY DONT YOU JUST BY THE STATION AND FIRE THE
OPTUSE, OBESE,SHOW HOGGING B**CH.
TRUMP IS BY FAR THE LESSER OF THE TWO EVILS...HHHHMMM
GO FIGURE

dave

HEY #21 (ANDY)
YOU ARE PROOF THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE TO DUMB TO BE STUPID
FROM DAVE

MadderHatter

It's fascinating how vitriolic the comments are yet no one truly identifies themselves. They post no links. No way to find them. In the cyberworld the loudest is king and the weak "in real life" can have the voice they yearn for. Reducing comments to the type of name-calling that you hear on a high school shortbus is tantamount to revealing a life full of failures.

Lee

To quote Rosie...."and Donald Trump is the moral compass......etc." Well I wouldn't use Madonna as a moral compass for anything!! If Rosie can knock Donald Trump for being immoral, WHAT THE HELL SHOULD SHE BE SAYING ABOUT MADONNA, WITH HER NEW INTEREST, WRITING CHILDRENS BOOKS AND ALL!! I don't disagree with Rosie for getting uptight about how Trump deciding to "protect" Miss USA, after all it was headline news, and I happen to agree that the whole thing was ridiculous, and that she should have suffered the consequences for her immoral behavior, BUT, Rosie might as well have said nothing at all, if she wasn't going to pose her dissaproval in a more mature and serious manner. After all, Mr. Trump criticized Miss Universe for being overweight, and he had no problem saying it, how does he have such a heart for a girl who is obviously NOT a role model of any kind! Rosie was absolutely wrong for the way she posed her distaste for the entire situation, and her role on the View, is not the role of standup comedian and Madonna put it. She needs lessons in being a little more diplomatic. I can only describe her as a person who has alot of anger issues, (especially with men), that I'm sure has been addressed by a therapist. But Rosie has not conquered this yet, and she needs to be kept in line. Her original show was very good, I enjoyed it myself, but as soon as she started using it as a venue for her political opinions, it was all over. Donald Trump as well as Rosie O'Donnel should go to their perspective corners, spit in a bucket and call it quits! And Madonna, just give us all a break and disappear all together!

blah blah blah

d-man

and by the way d-man
the bitch is back with her coat of armor and is in full force with scum like you

Diana

Hey Madonna guess what you're from MICHAGIN(SP.) NOT ENGLAND. I can't even listen to her anymore, she is irritating trying to sound like she's from England. And her accent is horrible as well!! Bad actress, great performer, bad English impersonator. Please Madonna, try to keep it real, you'd be more likeable if you didn't try so hard to be something that your not. And by-the-way, Rosie is being a loud mouth along side with The Donald, they're both embarrassing!

Kat

To d-man:

You said-

Another Ranting by a bunch of Freaking C**Ts. Go Eat some crap. Hope these deranged woman, er C**Ts would go suck some horses C**K . The only thing you sluts are good for is a F*** by some guys. Otherwise you are all nothing but a bunch of whores. By the way, Guys only wannt you in order to F*** your azz. Barefoot and pregent as they say. Sluts. Go get some herion and kill yourselves.

You are pissed because I hate ROSIEHO.. GET OVER IT SLUTS. She, Rosieho is a piece of sh*t, lousy actress. and freaking degenrate C**T that is nasty to everyone. She should kill herselves. I hope her freaking kids go postal on her and blow her brains, er C**T to hell.

Die Rosiesho Die!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 4:44AM on Jan 12th 2007 by d - man

I myself am not pissed because of you hate ROSIEHO as you call her. I am pissed by the lengths you've gone to to show how much of a degenrate bigot you are. Your constant use of the c-word, among other degrading terms and views of women, is what has set me off. There is no need to use that kind of lanuage on a message board where children can read and be influenced by your idioic and extremely outdated views of women. I don't give anymore of a crap about Trump and/or Rosie than the man in the moon but this is getting ridiculous. You sit here and tell women that are taking a stand against your hatefilled posts that their mothers should have aborted them. What kind of mess is that? I certainly hope that your mother is very proud of you. By your view, she's just as much of a c**t and whore as the rest of us women are. The fact that you even think these things, let alone share them with the public, disgusts me. You need some serious help because there is something very wrong with you. There are starving, orphaned children dying of AIDS in Africa, hundreds dying everyday in Iraq, and hundreds of thousands living in poverty world wide. Yet, you waste your time and energy flaming women on a message board talking about what Madonna said about the Rosie/Donald feud. You seriously need to get a life. There are more important things out there than this. Pick one.

Cecil Jones

Who am I to say, "You can't have a second chance?" Who am I to say, "You're not a role model?" Who am I to say, "You can't wear your hair that way." Who the hell am I, a pathetic boss or Rosie O'Donnell? Surrender Dorothy! Your house is guilty of hit and run. Stand trial and be aquitted. Apologize to Donald and this is over! We all need second chances because none of us are perfect. None of us! Ding-dong the witch is going to do what? Beat me up? Apologize. You had nothing to do with this story. You used Donald.

hrswhsprr69

Mo, Ro didnt say any thing political,and she wasn't doing stand-up!! She attacked his hair hisex's his kids and his finacial state!!!!!!!!!!! She didnt even say but 4 words about miss america,then was mean,insulting and personal period!!!! She wasnt joking either so mo...keep it real..and truthfull......and it is NONE of your business,keep your thought between you and rosie we dont want to hear them!!! Its not your place to butt in!! Do you need the ratings too ?

Kathie is a phony

D-MAN...What kind of parents raised you, that you have such a filthy, disgusting mouth? I feel sorry for them to have turn out an offspring like you. Pathetic.

Allred Tree

I would not be the least bit surprised if D Man was listed on every MOST WANTED list in every post office that has one!

Cori

What's with the make believe, pseudo English accent? Madonna needs to give it up. Everything this wench does is for publicity. She needs to shut up and go quietly into the night. She was an A-1, number 1 slutty entertainer, and now I guess we're all to believe that she's found religion and is walking the path of righteousness. Guess again Madonna, we know you, we know your ways, you nothing but a media ho. You couldn't care less about Rosie and Donald, admit it.

Al

One pig defending a bigger pig (you pick). Is this what television has come to? We need to start demanding better from entertainers. Barbara Walters should be ashamed of herself for being a part of this mudslinging. And if Rosie can't come up with better humor than degrading and insulting other people, then she needs to go! It's obvious why her own show tanked and why this show is becoming unwatchable. Yuck!

DORIS