Posh & Becks to Become American Idols

1/11/2007 3:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As TMZ first reported in July, soccer stud David Beckham and his boney-licious wife, former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, are moving to America and setting up digs in Los Angeles.

Beckham is leaving Spanish soccer team Real Madrid at the end of the season to join the Los Angeles Galaxy, a Major League Soccer team. Who knew we had pro soccer teams? The five-year deal could be worth a reported $200 million.

David is no stranger to Southern California, having already set up a local branch of his youth soccer camp, The David Beckham Academy. As for Posh, she can look forward to more shopping excursions with new BFF Katie Holmes.

While they're huge stars in Europe, Posh & Becks have not been able to mimic their media domination on our shores. Could this be an attempt by the supercouple to obtain that same level of fame stateside? We'll see!

kt

#5 -- it that you tom cruise??? got news for you -- just cuz the beckams are in town for you to hang with, you're still going to be a loser! and no one will still care about you!
david needs a new wife -- or to feed his current one. she's grossly too skinny. maybe she can bond with nicole richie.

Victoria

Great for David!

Could careless about the Gelfling from the Dark Crystal (who Victoria looks like) coming to the US.

Dorian

VICKY, STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY. WE NEED THE SILICONE FOR OUR HOME BORN CELEBRITIES.

Dorian

#16 - HI LENN! MAYBE DAVE WILL DIVORCE VICKYTWIG AND THEN SAY THAT HE LOST 20 BRITISH POUNDS...AM I OVERESTIMATING HER WORTH?

OTHERWISE, HE CAN FEED HER A QUARTERPOUNDER W/CHEESE AND HAVE HER WEIGH A TOTAL LB. THEREAFTER. WHADDYA THINK?

liz

David Beckham will big the biggest thing to happen to MLS ever!!!!!!!!!!

Maddy

Are these two Scientologists? I'm sure we will be seeing them out and about town with Tom and Katie. Soccer games, shopping, eating out, walking the red carpets. Yuk.

Buster

19# Jen, it sounds like you are the lonely one. I guess you thought you would have more friends after you decided to take it the rear. Well, apparently that did not work out so now you are here to make friends. Good luck with that.

Zeus

To tell the Truth, David is a star but he got more attention because of his wife. Meaning that Victoria made him famous. Oh yes!!! I can say that as I am 100% sure of it. She made him into what he is today: being known out of Europe. Me myself, I am not a huge fan of Victoria but I give her credit for working hard for them to be what they are today as celebraties as they make entirely part of Hollywood celebraties. Who does not know about the Beckham. Tell me another Soccer star who is known here in North America. There are many (
of them(Soccer stars) who make more money the David but they are limited to europe. Have you heard about Samuel Eto'o fils a cameroonian soccer star from FC Barcellona? he is one among them who are way better that David.

Mary Lou

And the next thing we will be hearing is that they have joined the Scientology religion with their new pals, Tom & Katie.

DD

American Idols? Hardly. Soccer is a little girls sport here, and that isn't going to change. Yes, he is not hard on the eyes, but he is a lousy soccer player. Posh is so into herself that she acts like she is the freakin' Queen. These two need a reality check. Maybe coming over the pond will wake them up a bit: we don't give a s**t.

Me

This guys contract is for 50 million a year to play soccer. Did I spell soccer right? I care so little about the game that I'm not sure of the spelling. Whoever's shelling out that kind if money for a bench warmer is in for a huge dissapointment. I'm sure we'll see a lot of this guy on tv.....doing ads for Icy Hot Patches.

Cazz

Ya know... This is a VERY smart move for the Beckhams. Having lived in England... and loving footy... I can only HOPE this will raise further interest in the sport here in the US.

And no, they will never be revered here as they are in the UK.

I am only curious about the World Cup comment. David is not a citizen here. So for the time being can't play for the US team. So how do you think this will improve our chances there???

George William Gockel

I hope that David Beckham will lead the Los Angeles Galaxy to as many Major League Soccer Title games as the Los Angeles will become the the World Champions Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer (MLS) someday.

Lenn K

First thing, Christopher#22 will you for the love of God keep it in your pants? Secondly, dee truth are you sure she weighs 20 lbs, I think the hat she was wear at TomKats's wedding weighed about 10 lbs. Will someone tell that bitch a joke so she can smile. Maybe she can talk to Kristie Alley about her old habits.

rob lobato

Lets see theres the NFL, NBA,MLB,NHL. and oh yeah ,soccer. She will fade
in with all the other plastic "beauties" in L.A. Enough said about them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments