Posh & Becks to Become American Idols

1/11/2007 3:24 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As TMZ first reported in July, soccer stud David Beckham and his boney-licious wife, former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, are moving to America and setting up digs in Los Angeles.

Beckham is leaving Spanish soccer team Real Madrid at the end of the season to join the Los Angeles Galaxy, a Major League Soccer team. Who knew we had pro soccer teams? The five-year deal could be worth a reported $200 million.

David is no stranger to Southern California, having already set up a local branch of his youth soccer camp, The David Beckham Academy. As for Posh, she can look forward to more shopping excursions with new BFF Katie Holmes.

While they're huge stars in Europe, Posh & Becks have not been able to mimic their media domination on our shores. Could this be an attempt by the supercouple to obtain that same level of fame stateside? We'll see!

bella bleau

Who ARE these people?

lana sunshine

Everyone stop being haters, they have managed to stick it out as a couple which is a rarity and keep making big moves.....you go Posh and becks.....I'm working on my 200 mill and those of you hating on them should get off yourduffs and tend to your own business..KEEP IT SOCIAL.Lana Sushine over and out...........

Niki

I like David, he's hot!

Rock

Not much a soccer fan unless its the world cup but I must say that David Beckham is FINE. My lord! I would love to have him in my bed!!!!!

Katie

She is not ugly, just cause she's skinny thats stupid and wrong. Telling someone they should eat more is a very american thing to say being that this is the land of gluttony and pure unhealthy fatness. They are both gorgeous and so what. Any good Italian will tell you soccer is awesome and its unfortunate it hasn't become bigger here in the states. Hopefully Beckhams presence will bolster some excitement for the game and give it the attention it needs and that is what the move should be and really is about.

Richard Ponder

Well the so called 'Hot British' couple can head to the States, the UK is better off with out them. Beckham is now past his prime, and Victoria is I'm afraid a legend in her own mind. The one thing is that I'm a Brit living Stateside myself, and I thought I got rid of them when I moved here sigh ...........................

bella feniger

Welcome and Good Luck,
To popularize soccer here is a challenge-YOU can do it!!!
Bella

jaki

There is no doubt david beckham is a fantastic footballer and his career has been well deserved along with his good looks which allow him endless opportunities in life,however his wife victoria has never seemed happy in life,her personality brimming with egoism in the struggle to compete with her own husband,perhaps if she remained still and content,expressing some sort of gratitude for her abundant life and with a pleasant nature towards people in general,then maybe she wouldnt get so much bad press,it appears for all the wealth this woman has it still hasnt bought her happiness,something you cant just get off the rack.

Deb KP

From a Canadians point of view we love the Brits and Becks and Victoria are quite welcomed. If they States are too bullheaded to want them....I' m sure the Canucks can accommodate them. Hail to the BECKHAMS.

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

BECKMAN ARE WELCOME WITH THE REST OF CLOWNS ........

IN A CIRCUS ( HOLLYWOOD ) . REST OF UNITED STATES WILL CARELESS ....

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

DRAMA MAMA IS COMING TO TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS MUCH MONEY AS SHE SPENDS , HER HUBBY WILL NEED A SECOND

JOB..... SHE HAS "NO RESPECT" FOR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!