Tom Cruise Makes His Move on Posh

1/13/2007 12:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Victoria BeckhamNow that Scientology's biggest cheerleader has lured David Beckham to L.A., Tom Cruise is setting his sights on Becks' wife, Victoria.

The New York Daily News reports that with a little coaxing from TomKat, the Beckhams might become Scientology's next celebrity converts. Apparently, Posh has eagerly accepted church literature from Tom and Katie, and she'll be playing an alien in "The Thetan," a movie backed by Cruise that's based on his religious beliefs.

Apparently, Victoria's new BFFs have made it their mission to help the former Spice Girl become a household name in the States. Katie is trying to line up meetings with Hollywood movers and shakers like Steven Spielberg. TomKat is undoubtedly feeding status-hungry Posh lines about how joining Scientology will help boost her profile.

John Waters to Brit: You're the Idiot, Not K-Fed

Britney SpearsWhile Britney's out making enemies, it looks like Kevin Federline has gained an ally – albeit a weird one. According to Page Six, schlock director John Waters came to K-Fed's defense by saying: "You don't see him out there getting out of limousines and flashing his shaved crotch. What did he do that was so wrong? [Britney] is the idiot. She's the one who gave him the Ferrari."

Could this be the start of a budding friendship? Waters is known for using has-beens and wannabes in his films. And Kevin definitely fits the bill. He will make fun of himself in a Super Bowl commercial for an as-yet-undisclosed company. A source says that in the ad, K-fed pokes fun of his "loser reputation" in an attempt to "change the public's terrible image of him."

Donlad TrumpLet It Go, Donald

Donald Trump just doesn't know when to give up. The publicity monger unexpectedly dropped in on Opie and Anthony's XM Satellite Radio show, claiming he wanted to end his feud with Rosie O'Donnell. Then he proceeded to launch into a tirade about "The View" host, and told a story about how she came to one of his weddings and "ate plenty." When will it end?

Party Favors: James Brown's Home to Become Museum ... Toni Braxton Sues Manager ... Say Goodbye to Bravo's Fab Five

James Brown's home will be turned into a Graceland-like museum with an on-site mausoleum for his body, says Brown's attorney. The plans are being discussed by some of Brown's kids, friends and trustees, and the bunch hopes to consult Elvis Presley's estate to get some tips on how to do it ... R&B singer Toni Braxton is suing her manager, saying he duped he out of more than $10 million by forcing her to leave Arista Records for Blackground Records in 2003 ... After five season of metrosexual mayhem, Bravo is pulling the plug on "Queer Eye." This summer's 10-episode season will be its last.

Add to:
My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

TJ

Soccer is going to become much more popular here. The Galaxy games are nearly sold out already. The Americans will finally see what the rest of the world has known all these years. You will all swallow your words after watching the first match..it will be very contagious..I promise that! Once you catch soccer fever you will lose interest in American football which is nothing more than a bunch of overweight, steroid fueled thugs crashing into each other.
The large hispanic population in this country are already big soccer fans and the rest of you will now learn to love the game...despite your comments. If Becks can lead the Americans to a World Cup victory..which won't be easy...then you will all have something to shout about! Support the American soccer teams...we can be as good as the Europeans and Brazilians...but they have fantastic fan support and we don't.

Janet

Donald Trump looks like he's been eating plenty himself - question is how does he shove all the food he eats into that freakishly teeny mouth?

d-man

Tom Cruise is not gay at all........................he is BI-SEXUAL.
And when he get AIDS, the world will finally wake up and see what a duckhead he really is

Brother Harold, S.J.

IF BY SOME CHANCE TRUMP AND ROSIE SHOULD DECIDE TO KISS AND MAKE UP AND DECIDE TO BREED, I WOULD LIKE PICK OF THE LITTER.

in the know

Of course K-fed is not out partying every night now , Britney cut off his credit card!! He spent the entire time he was married to Britney hanging in Vegas, spending Britneys cash on his friends and gambling. Oh I am sorry, I forgot about the hookers he was with on a daily basis. Great husband and all round nice guy. Steve O just said in an interview, that he got trashed with Kevin a few days after Britney delivered her baby. He asked Kevin why he was not with his new son. I guess Kevin can't go out like Britney can because unlke Britney, he is now the single father of 4 children with no money to hire nannies. Since he and Britney split, show me one photo of him out with Britney's kids. There isn't any. Yet people are posting that Kevin should have custody. I don't think he has seen his 4 month old since he was born. This is the man who was seen buying drugs in his driveway when he was living with Britney. Kevin is laying in wait like his attorney told him to. He expects a nice settlement. Any man that would take income from someone when he never earned a dime of it is a bum!!! That goes for a woman or a man. Britney might be acting nuts right now, but she worked her tail off for years since she was a kid for that money. Any man that would use two kids that he doesn't even want or see, to make money is not worth the time of the day.

Me

#36: He's a bum and shouldn't have the kids. She may have worked hard for her money...but she's a slut and shouldn't have the kids.

What's the third choice?

Sam

What the hell is so great about this scientology bull, i've only ever heard bad things about it eg. not being allowed to make any noise when you're having a baby is the biggest load of bullsh*t i've ever heard. Well I had 3 kids naturally and although I wasn't screaming my guts out or anything, vocolising really helped me to focus on the contractions so I didn't need pain killers, it worked great. Loads of people are saying that scientology is a cult and I would believe it too, besides I can't stand Tom Cruise anymore, he's become really arogant lately, he thinks he's so great.

Britney is a big slut loser and Fed-ex isn't much better, those poor kids are totaly screwed. When are those two idiots going to grow up.

As for Trump, well what can I say he thinks he's a friggin' super star or something, I wish he would just rack off and go take care of his various buisnesses and stop trying to get non stop media attention, it's so pathetic.

TlalocW

Wow, pretty good career moves for the Beckhams - coming to a country where soccer (football for everyone else) is lucky to be considered a second or third-tier sport, meaning you're not going to get the kind of press you got in Europe, and to top it all off, you find out the people who want to be your best friends are the country's largest non-Christian religious nutjobs.

If I believed in Karma, I would say the universe was out to get them. Maybe some distant Thetan ancestors of theirs really pissed of Xenu, who then cursed them through all time.

J Doe

Britney gets involved in a lot of lawsuits (which she creates), and has bad business dealings a lot also. Her restaurant NYLA went broke. She was sued by NIKE some years back and lost.

She was sued by a t-shirt company (the only one she won). She sued US magazine and lost and others she has been in. Suing, lawyers, and court cases cost a huge amount of money. She does not have a large income at this time.

She has been spending far more in the last three years then she has brought in. If you check all of her divorce papers, other filings, and documents, she only has about $32 million left. She has gone from $150 million about four years ago down to $32 million !!!!!!!

That is a loss of $118 million in four years. She is not acting smart, and I am sure a lot of people are taking her money all the time, not just K-Fed, since she is always partying and going crazy.

When a star falls, it is not uncommon for everyone to take a part of the pie (their money). Look at Michael jackson, Elvis, and many others.

Trisha

I I had always heard that Tom was gay as was Nicole Kidman. Is she gay too and if so, why marry hottie Urban?? If she isn't, then why marry Cruise back in the 90's??

Linda

I just saw the Play "The little dog laughed" and it was really funny...at the end there is a Hint of Tom Cruise being Gay and Katie Holmes pretending that the baby is his.... they don't say it is about them or anything...but if you see the play you will see toward the end how they hint at it.

Sargam

Good one, Dee Truth, perfect rhyming! Even if it looks off-subject.

So far as Becks & Posh, CRS is ultimately bogus but if it helps initiate them into a spiritual path, I'm all for it.

tia

I agree with Waters. As far as I know Kevin didn't hold a gun to her head. She proposed to him and chose to buy things for him. I don't see him in the headlines partying all night.

Toni

I really used to enjoy watching Tom Cruise in movies. He is such an awesome actor! But after all that he has done and the public ass he continues to make of himself I don't even want to watch any movie that he is in. Instead of Katie making him look good it is just the opposite. Gee Tom, I guess that makes me "evil" in your eyes. How about you let everyone push themselves on you like you push yourself and your opinions on everyone else? You are at best nauseating and repulsive and you are taking others down with you. If anyone has been throwing out negative energy and shown religious intolerance it is you. The only think you are in control of is what an embarrassment you are.

Dorian

Thank you, Sargam. I myself thought it was corny but cute.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments