Lohan

Enters Rehab

1/17/2007 8:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay LohanTMZ has confirmed that Lindsay Lohan has checked herself into rehab.

In a statement issued through her rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, Lindsay says "I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health. I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time."

Lindsay's mom, Dina, revealed last month that Lindsay had been attending AA meetings.

It's been a tumultuous few weeks for the "Mean Girls" star. Just two weeks ago, 20-year-old Lindsay underwent an operation to remove her appendix.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know why she went,once she gets out,same sh*t different day,I thought she was doing girls gone wild,u know shes showing her gear like britt,We need to get lindsay,britt and paris in at the same time,then nicole,hell we can have a big party at the rehab,maybe a new club called REHYDES

Diego

I grew up with an alcoholic father, and this is still laugh-out-loud funny.

P.S. #26 rules.

Rockstar Alumni

What is everyone trippin on? There are so many hollywood stars that probably should go to rehab even before Lindsay. The only thing is Lindsay hasn't mastered the art of flying below the Hollywood radar. I'm not from Hollywood but go there frequently to visit. I've been to all the clubs/after hours parties and stuff and it's funny. What ever happend to the days were you had private parties at your house? It was simple...invite folks over, insert entertainment, insert alcohol and get hammered, insert coke, party on til the wheels fell off and eventually crash! This way at least you had some privacy and your pic wasn't all over the tabloids the next day looking coked out. Now it's go to dinner, go home, get ready to go out, insert alcohol, go to a few clubs, insert more alcohol, TRY (and I mean TRY) and wait til you leave the club before you inserted coke (which from what I saw was very hard for a lot of celebs to do judging from all the wasted coke on the bathroom floors), get photographed leaving the club totally bombed (hopefully you didn't have sugar boogers for the photogs), RACE to the after hours spot in your expensive ass car totally wasted out of your mind when you can totally affrod a hired driver for the night, insert more alcohol and add coke and stay up til 9am the next day.

Where did Lindsay mess up? She did way too much drinking and partying way before she got to the club and by the time she left, she was in that paranoid coked out of her mind state. I guess in all the only thing Linsay's really guilty of is not partying correctly. She needs a party coach, not rehab. She'll be out soon enough and this time, I'm sure she'll be flying under the radar just like she's supposed to.

Maybe none of this I'm saying makes sense...but trust me, there are celebs out there doing WAY MORE than what Lindsay is.

;)

I don't know what to think about this one. . . if she stays clean, she could be the next Drew Barrymore . . . never know???

;)

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if she paid her rent at the motel,it would be sad if she got kicked out of her crib the same week

Eva

Good luck Lindsay! Hope it works for you.

HC

I'm sorry, but what a loser! I thought this kid was a cute kid in "The Parent Trap". She's gone down hill after she got a hold of bottle. I'm sorry, no sympathy from me. She's asking for trouble. "Hey, Lindsey, see if they can get a 2 for 1 deal at that rehab". Ask Britney to go with you.

TMZ_User

Dam what a nasty scary pic. Lets hope big red actually gets help this time around. I can't keep being sympathetic to someone who keeps f***ing up.

One helluva guy

She's a lightweight. I'm 43 years old and get drunk every night at home before going to sleep. But I don't have an alcohol problem since I'm in control of the bottle, not vice-versa. Getting drunk is FUN.

jan

Prayers and good wishes go to this young woman. She has so much life ahead and so much to work for...lets hope that she has reached the bottom of her free-fall...and she will emerge a whole person...lets all get behind her this time and stop the hate.

Ha Ha

#32, my thoughts exactly. I was just thinking as I read these posts that if the internet and this site were around when Drew Barrymore were young, people would've had a field day. Remember Little Girl Lost? Look at her now.

I hope Lindsay's able to get her life on the right track, but it will take the proper support system and a huge change of ways.

zoso

*******PLEASE READ**** I am only 37 years old and have already had cirrhosis and a liver transplant. This is not funny, and it is not a joke. I spent 15 years as a hard core alcoholic (gallon of hard booze a day), and it eventually took its toll. Funny thing is that I am very attractive, college educated, and come from an upper class family, and had a very good up-bringing. If this can happen too me, it can happen to anyone. Addiction does not pick and choose its victims. Anyone who wishes Lindsay ill will has absolutely no idea what they are saying. I AM PROUD OF LINDSAY. NIP IT IN THE BUD BEFORE IT BECOMES A VERY, VERY SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEM

Tai

Not many of you have anything nice to say about anything or anyone. Lindsay is not the only celeb in the world who has gone into rehab or who has messed up. If you can't be nice and you have to put down other people to make yourself feel better then don't say anything at all. People get addicted to drugs and drinking everyday and that is no reason to be down right nasty to them or say nasty things about them. Give the girl a break and stop being so negative.

Phoenix Guy

Lindsay's mother belongs in rehab just as much as her daughter. Lindsay is an alcoholic and a coke whore.

Sharon

LOHAN, HILTON, SPEARS AND RITCHIE WILL CREATE
A SCANDAL TO STAY IN THE NEWS.

SHE'LL SOON BE FLASHING HER NETHER REGION
AGAIN TO STAY IN THE NEWS.

SHE'LL SOON BE RAMMING HER VEHICLES INTO A
TELEPHONE POLE TO STAY IN THE NEWS.

SHE'LL SOON BE SWINGING FROM A TELEPHONE
POLE TO STAY IN THE NEWS.

SHE'LL SOON HAVE A SEX TAPE TO STAY IN THE