Lohan

Enters Rehab

1/17/2007 8:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay LohanTMZ has confirmed that Lindsay Lohan has checked herself into rehab.

In a statement issued through her rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, Lindsay says "I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health. I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time."

Lindsay's mom, Dina, revealed last month that Lindsay had been attending AA meetings.

It's been a tumultuous few weeks for the "Mean Girls" star. Just two weeks ago, 20-year-old Lindsay underwent an operation to remove her appendix.

Freelols.com

What is that attention whore doing in the photo? Practicing for her future "Oscar" win?

MCKOOL

#43 YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT,I'VE BEEN ON A CRACK AND BEER BINGE SINCE '85,I WENT TO WORK HIGH AND DRUNK GOT PARANOID AND WALK OFF THE JOB,NOW I HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN.THIS IS NOT FUNNY TO ADDICTS LIKE ME.

polly

the people don't know what is serious, if she makes something of bad they criticize... something is made good they also criticize... you have useful opinion!
Good for the lindsay, at least she wants to treat so that later it doesn't turn a thing would be. Do understand that... are you stupid?

zoso

Thank you # 44; It is nice to have friends like you! We take one day at a time, and know that we are stronger than our addictions. It was extremely hard for me, I relasped several times before I got my "health wake up call" (liver damage). I wish you the best and you are in my prayers and thoughts. Truely.

middle

how cares? AA should!

nrrvus

If I had her money at 19 or 20 I would be in rehab, give her a chance, she is surrounded by retarded rich losers, much older. mom not a great bellweather, it seems, maybe is. She had the experiences of me my 18 or 19 that I had by 27, she's pretty young.

common sence

I have to say ,even though I scoff at these youngins as a vistor to your site,,I really have to say this little girl has no family to speak of she really is a repeat of the past,child actors,with really noone to ground them,her dads in jail,her mom is who knows???just another sad hollywood tale that may come to a sad ending ,,I hope not,,my prayers are for real going your way,ms.lohan

MCKOOL

IF I DON'T STAY CLEAN ,I'M GONE,THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS.

Ambs

Good for you Lindsay. Thumbs up!!

Maybe when you get clean you can sponsor Britney.

zoso

#44 You CAN stay clean. It is all about mind over matter. Don't worry about getting clean first. First think about who is the person you want to be: spiritually and physically. Then have a plan for how you are going to acheive that goal. Once you have done this comes the hardest part: putting it into action. You will experience a lot of boredom the first couple of weeks, but if you can get through that, you are well on your way! When I was first diagosied with cirroshis and new I had no choice but to quit drinking, for five days I did nothing but drive my car around Tampa. (round trip takes about 3 hours) Try it!!

AD Jones

Even Miss Cleo saw this a mile away.

Victoria Garza

Everyone with a negative input to this young lady, what is wrong with all of you?! Like you are angels too.
LL you keep your head up and everyone of us, has gone through a down time, and think positive. Remember the laws of attraction on 'the secret'.
positive = positive; negative = negative. You'll be alright and prove all these dummies, wrong. haha.

Nupey

God bless you LL and I wish you a speedy recovery. There is a Japanese proverb which states "Fall down seven, get up eight." We all have made mistakes, errors in judgment, etc. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Make the best out of your time in recovery and pray. The Lord can bring you through anything. "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13.

Nationaltreasure

I think this is a young girl looking for love and guidance. She reminds me of Marylin M. I think she needs Faith in God. Somerhing bigger than money and fame. And she needed her parents to act like parents,and sadly they have not. The real shame here is the example she is setting for her little sister... i AM PRAYING FOR YOUR HEALING ...

Julia

#43 and #44, thank you. I can't believe people are criticizing Lindsay for getting the help that she clearly needs.

Now, the more important question -- WHERE THE HELL IS HER MOTHER? What kind of mother claims to be so hands on, then allows her daugheter to get to the point where she needs rehab at 20?