Lohan

Enters Rehab

1/17/2007 8:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay LohanTMZ has confirmed that Lindsay Lohan has checked herself into rehab.

In a statement issued through her rep, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, Lindsay says "I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health. I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time."

Lindsay's mom, Dina, revealed last month that Lindsay had been attending AA meetings.

It's been a tumultuous few weeks for the "Mean Girls" star. Just two weeks ago, 20-year-old Lindsay underwent an operation to remove her appendix.

Lulu

I don't understand the vitriol here. Alcoholism is a disease. Anyone who doesn't understand that is stultifyingly ignorant. LL is getting the help she needs. How can anyone condemn that?

PieHole

nobody wants to condemn her for anything. a lot of us just want her to decompose and become fertilizer .......... AND!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot of us just want to see her innards being dissected in high definition :)

Amber

Ha, I love the photo you guys used. I feel sorry for Lindsay Lohan.. it's gotta be hard growing up in LA with tons of money and friends who may be a bad influence on you. That wasn't sarcasm.. and the girl is only 20 years old right? Her mom and especially her Dad are majorly messed up, so who's there to guide her?

ChuckR

Just wondering whats the legal age for drinking in Hollywood?
12?

No ID necessary for these spoiled rich brats that think their Gods!
How about a nice jail sentence like the rest of us "Commoners" would get
Everyone around her in those clubs knows her age for God's sake!

zoso

Hey #84,,,,,,,,I over came a very powerful addiction, how can you poo poo that? Give me one reason and I will slap you on the back. Bet I won't be hearing from you again! Don't even think about poking fun at my psycological heath; I am completely of sound mind. I am just an alcoholic in recovery. Does that make me such a moster??? I think not.

Go Gators

u people who think this is funny are just ignorant. obviously you don't know how painful it is to have an addiction take over your life to need to enter one of those.

Waukisha

GOOD FOR YOU LINDSAY! - Way to go! thats what responsible adults do. What's funny is that it takes people 2 to 3 times your age to figure out that they are screwing up! Good luck with this - keep your chin up and don't give up. Life is rewarding from the oposide side of the weakness. [wink] -Waukisha

Azaziah

Little one #88 I in no manner was poking fun at you.My demons are alive and well I just have not chosen to corral them.

Mad Balls

Lionel Barrymore nearly died by drinking . He was a great actor . Elizabeth Taylor admitted abusing pain medication and qualudes . She still has presence . Of course I am not justifying this in any way but I see many that have similar problems and worked with it . Lohan has alot' of talent , she very pretty , everyone knows I think shes' a fox . I wish her the best . Hey pretty girl catch " Armed and Famous " on CBS . Jack Osburne used to be a huge Dork in my book , he has huge " hugs and Creds" from me now .

Azaziah

If she was rode hard and put up wet maybe she would be a nicer person.Seems no-one is able to tame fire-c**t.

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

TO MANY PEOPLE TAKES THIS BLOG TO SERIOUS , NONE OF THESE CELEBS READ THIS CRAP .

AS LONG AS "FANS" PAY TO SEE CELEBS IN CONCERT , BUY CD'S , CLOTHING , ETC , "YOU'RE" CONTRIBUTING TO THERE "HABITS"
LIKE DRUGS , ALCOHOL , BUYING EXPENSIVE MANSIONS , CARS , ETC
THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE THEY'RE GETTING MONEY , THEY DON'T HAVE A 9-5 JOB , WORKING HARD FOR THERE MONEY, IT'S COMING FROM YOU THE "FAN". THAT'S THE ONLY WAY THEY'RE GETTING RICH . DO YOU'VE ANYTHING TO SHOW FOR IT ?

RICH BECOME RICHIER , POOR STAYS POOR .

wink

I wouldn't put money on this.........don't be surprised if she's back on the street in about ah week saying she's straightened out completely.......it's ah miracle but I don't think they've come up with a short session for rehab.......WAIT A SEC
.........THIS '''''IS''''''' HOLLYWEIRD AND FOR THE RIGHT MONEY ANYTHING IS ''''POSSIBLE''''' ! ! ! !

cmyman

I AGREE WITH # 9.

GOOD LUCK. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

IT TAKES A BIG PERSON TO ADMIT THEY HAVE A PROBLEM AND EVEN LESS FOR IDIOTS TO MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE FOR RECGONIZING THEIR OWN PROBLEM.

I WISH YOU WELL.

Mouse

In two weeks she will sneak out the back door have Oprah, Billy Bush and what ever nutty show she can go on and cry and talk about her personal struggles. Dopey America will fall for another one. Maybe she can write a book and call it another million pieces, for another million bucks.

Georgie Mac

Who in the hell did she think she was fooling? Why in gods name is she allowed to party at all of these places anyway? The owners of these clubs should be shut down for serving her in the first place. Sure, she would have just gotten her booze someplace else, but maby we wouldn't have had to endure all of those phoney pics of her drinking "energy drinks", and "water". I think she did this for publisity anyway. Now she is guaranteed front page on every gossip rag in the U.S. This is another person I wish would just go away......