What Was in Paula's Cup?

1/17/2007 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Did Paula Abdul have a few -- or several -- to help her get through the endless agony of listening to screeching "American Idol" contestants?

Last week, the "Idol" judge appeared on FOX stations to promote the show, and there was enough slurring, giggling, and wackiness to satisfy affiliates from Alabama to Washington; a condition Paula described as being in her "own little world." Then, last night on the season premiere of "Idol," we noticed that there was plenty of attention paid to Paula and her liquid consumption, and in one exchange with her colleagues, she conspicuously weaved to and fro.

So, was Paula in her own, booze-soaked "little world" again? You decide.

Idols on vacation: click to view!

Whatever

Looks like lots and lots of painkillers to me. She has a problem and shame on AI for letting her continue to poison herself. She is making a bafoon out of herself.

Whatever

What a trainwreck! She must have woken up the next day with a nasty hangover!

Patty

Thats how my sister looked when she was diagnosed with MS. She has good and bad days. It's confused with the beginnings of Parkinson's alot. I think she definitely looks like it's one, and I feel sorry for her. I'm sure if she was drunk or on drugs they wouldn't be showing the consideration they are. The show is too big to have her go on drunk or stoned, get real. Sadly it looks like she has a neuro-type thing. Good luck Paula.

Nancy/Boston

YOU PEOPLE ARE BRUTAL! YOUR WORSE THAN THE RAG MAGS THEY SELL AT THE GROCERY STORES. GIVE THE GIRL A BREAK SHE OBVIOUSLY HAS A PROBLEM. SHE NEEDS HELP AND SUPPORT NOT TO BE TRASHED BY OTHERS.

NANCY/BOSTON

Little Titty

Neuro disorder? MS? Parkinsons? Maybe there should be a walk for Paula? Get real. The only test this joke needs is a sobriety one.

BOBBY

I THINK PAULA WAS EITHER DRUNK , PILLED OUT OR SMOKING CRACK. THIS WOMEN IS OUT OF CONTROL. SHE IS AN EMBRASSMENT TO THE SHOW. I THINK ITS TIME TO REPLACE HER WITH SAY JEWEL. SHE WAS PRETTY GOOD LAST NIGHT PLUS SHE HAS HOSTED THE COUNTRY STAR BEFORE.

A.M

She must be going through a lot of pain and last night wasnt her lucky day.
Why to trash her name? She is just human. Lets be a little caring and give her time to heal. COMPASION.

Andrea

Well, all I can say is SHAME ON PAULA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She definitely needs some type of help. Wake up girl and smell the booze.

allen

Trust me, American Idol will have a tragic ending. Paula can't continue on her downward spiral. Simon has a death wish.

Hollywood Heartbreaker

What is her problem and why havent her handlers fixed her yet? Isnt she embarassed enough? Get a grip Paula.....

Susan

Why do i get the feeling that something is medically wrong with Paula? In the past, before Teri Garr and Annette Funicello were diagnosed with MS-everyone thought that they were drinking - I hope this is not the case - i just don't think the producers would allow her to continue like this is if it is pills or alcohol. Maybe she is afraid of losing this job and that is why the spin has been " she had trouble with her ear piece" during the interviews this week and last week! I hope all works out for her -

vegasdreaming702

Paula abdul was definitely out of it....I don't even think she had anything positive to say about any of the contestants!!!!! I bet you that cup on American Idol is full of whiskey!!!!!!

jude

OK ALL YOU NASTY PEOPLE GO TO PAULA ABDOUL RSD RIGHT NOW AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HER CONDITION. SHE HAS BEEN SUFFERING WITH THE NUMBER ONE THATS RIGHT NUMBER ONE CRONIC PAIN DISEASE IN THE WORLD PRAY FOR HER AND GIVE HER CREDIT FOR EVEN HAVING THE COURAGE TO BE ON TV. I HAVE RSD AND I DONT EVEN WANT TO GO OUT OF HTE HOUSE IM ON SO MUCH MEDS LIFE SUCKS..EDUCATE YOURSELVES LEARN ABOUT THIS DISEASE HELP FIGHT FOR RESEARCH FOR A CURE THANKS

JennyP.

I don't think she was drunk necessarily, but I've seen enough people on painkillers, being a nurse, and yes shes' displaying all the classic signs. Could be because of a chronic pain condition, if so I am very sorry for her---if not, she needs help. She's a beautiful, talented, sweet person and I wish the best for her.

Little Titty

Hmmm.....Abdul? Is she a terrorist? RSD you say? Really STUPID drunk!