Halle Warns the Help: Don't Speak to Me!

1/19/2007 1:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Money is no object to Halle Berry, but meaningless chatter, on the other hand, pisses her off.

TMZ has learned that an Orange County painting company has been called to spruce up cabinets in Halle Berry's Los Angeles home, which the Oscar winner has been remodeling for over a year. The company has been asked to merely stain the existing wood cabinets in the kitchen ... with a staggering $57,000 price tag!

The contract between the actress and all those doing work on her property has a few interesting clauses: First, any worker is prohibited to approach Berry while in the home or on the premises. Second, no one is allowed to speak to the A-list Miss B at any time. Finally, the only approved interaction is if Halle speaks to you, then you may answer Her Fineness.

When you're getting 57 large to stain kitchen cabinets, one keeps one's mouth shut.

Angie

Stop being ridiculous! If I were her I wouldn't want people working on my house bugging me for autographs, hawking scripts or demos, or otherwise trying to make the most of their 15 minutes of being in my house. I think it makes perfect sense. It doesn't necessarily mean that she thinks she's better than anyone. I bet even though they can't talk to her, she is still polite and civil.

chena

I met Halle Berry in 1995 on the set of Bulworth. She did talk to us "extras" for quite a while during the couple weeks I was on set. In fact she was a lot more humble than the old, wrinkled up, pill-popping Warren Beatty. He was a JERK.

Maybe Halle just doesn't want to end up on TMZ.com

Clark

I don't agree with that story completely,however I'm having work done [redocorarting via a designer] and I don't like to have a meaningless talk as well with the workers, when they should be taking care of the job and staying on schedule. I'm busy, however a quick hello is fine and back to work for them. It can be a bit much sometime.

Barbra

We are all people no matter how much money we make. Do they attempt small talk with all of their customers? If you are working on my home, then do that. Small talk takes up time you could be devoting to my home improvement. She didn't hire them for conversation. Do a good job and conversation may come later.

Gary

As a contractor, I would not want my employees carrying on chit-chat with the owners. They are suppose to be working and communication between each other and not the owners unless the owners talk to them and that should not be with any lenth of time.

patricia savage

You pompous bitch!!!! I bet you didn't want the poor girl who you rammed your car into and broke her arm to talk to you either! Or the cops that tracked you down when you left the scene of the accident and did'nt report it! Who do you think you are??? Your not even that good looking or popular. Hopefully you can use your money to buy some evian water in hell!!!!

dee nass

i was a halle fan. not anymore!

Nomad

1. This really isn't a very important item to be concerned with.....

2. This doesn't sound or "feel" real.....

3. Most of the companies that do work for people with issues of celebrity and their privacy/security don't have a problem with this sort of thing....it is understood.....and the people who do the work are usually "regulars" who know the stipulations....

4. IF this were true....SO? If I am tasked to transport someone from point A to point B, wait, and then take them back, it is my job!! Fly the aircraft and don't kill anyone in doing so...period! If the client speaks, GREAT.....if not.....don't get your underwear in a wad......it isn't personal!

ms.hammer 2

number one who no's weather or not halle made that statement, maybe one of the workers tried to come on to her, who knows, but if she did she is truly a f***ing bitch, i hate stuck up ass celebrties, if it wasn't for the fans her ass wouldn't be where she is now, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wait a dam mintue where is halle now and what in the hell is she doing, halle you might have a drop of white blood in you but actually you are still considered a n*ggggggggggggggg

gina

I have to agree with her - when you hire someone to work in your home - you hire them to do a job - you can't be buddy, buddy with complete strangers. These workers are outsourced and who knows who might be coming into your home. You might think they have background checks done on them, but they could be just plain cons, or even worse, papparazzi - You can't let your guard down or they might miscontrue your intentions. If you don't believe me - just check your local county government recorded court documents. You'd be surprised!

Amy

Unfortunately, when you aren't living your life for God, you tend to get "big headed" sometimes. Ms. Berry needs to remember that nobody is bigger than God and she should treat others as she would want to be treated!
I pray that she will change her life and her attitude and I'm sorry for the workers that they feel so little because of her.
May God Bless You!

tia

If this is true? Then Halle is a rude biach! Who in the hell does she think she is? If I was the company owner, I would have laughed and then turned the job down. Hopefully the next contracter who goes to her house will beat her to the punch and put a "no talking to the workers clause" She really needs to get over herself.

NYCGAL328

EXACTLY KEEP YOUR MOUTH'S SHUT, YOUR THERE TO DO A JOB NOT TO TALK. AND ANYWAY THEY PROBABLY DONT SPEAK ENGLISH. LOL
WHY PEOPLE HATING ON THE MISS BERRY. WHO IN THE HELL WANTS THE HELP CHATTING WITH YOU WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING, YOUR GETTING PAID 57 G'S. TO WORK NOT TALK. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ALL ABOUT!

It's Not Right

You all with the racist comments aren't right--what makes a woman wanting her privacy a bad thing. I guess ya'll are just jealous that a black woman is doing better than your poor butts! Phooey on you!

Mike

If she does not want to be spoken too. Then don't go see her movies. She is no better then anyone else in this world. It is about time for "stars" to realize they are just people that have some talent, which she has very little of and are lucky to find work in the movie industry. If she was in a room with a walmart worker, a clerk and a homeless person, what makes her better then them? Nothing. She is just another person in the room. Stop putting money into the pockets of people that think they are better then everyone else.