Not the Happiest Place on Earth

1/19/2007 8:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Roy DisneyTMZ has exclusively learned that Walt Disney's nephew, Roy E. Disney, 77, has filed for divorce from his wife Patricia -- after 51 years of marriage. Disney is citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.

The couple married on September 17, 1955, just after Disneyland opened. They have four adult children.

Roy was pivotal in ousting former Disney CEO Michael Eisner from his office. Roy is still a senior executive with Disney. Forbes estimated his fortune at $1.2 billion.

Tangi

Doesn't he know that it's cheaper to keep her?

Disgusted

You are 77, you have been married for 51 years, where the hell are you going to go? You are gonna die in a couple of years anyway. Move to another side of the mansion, and ignore each other.....

We, are not amused.

One day you wake up, you look at that person you built a life with, and you say to yourself..."What the Fu*ck was I thinking? Time to get me some new trim!"

AreYouKiddingMe?

CHA-CHING!!!!!!!!!

aisha nicole

wow....ive never heard of 77 yr. olds getting a divorce lol

stella

who cares

Jamilla

I have never ever never heard of this in my life what type of irreconcilable difference could these two old persons have? This is sick...they need to sit and talk and work out whatever problems they are having.....their kids need to intervene.....

Courtney

Very rare to stay married that long. I'd be so sick of someone after 51 yrs.

dumpling

Wouldn't you just think "oh what the hell, I may as well stick with it now; I've lasted 50 years, I can take a few more."

beans and frank

Maybe she looked down at him one night and realized....'its a small world, after all..'

Ace

The other thing I heard recently about Disney is that they are doing a film that pairs Martin Short and Amy Sedaris as co-stars, a political comedy called "Swing Vote."

Ha Ha

#9 that is hilarious!!!

...Maybe he's gonna try to be like Hef.

Waaah!

He looks like David Gest in that picture. Maybe he's leaving his wife for Liza Minelli?

maya

My husband and I have been married for 40 years, I met him when I was 15.
Still going strong with sex and love.
YES it can be done, although no life is without problems.

I think Disney should have finished out the seasons with his wife. Surely, he does not think he's going to live forever.

We were at his youngest daughters wedding some 30 years ago. At the time, he had a beautiful home in the hills overlooking the lights of Los Angeles.

Disney was always a tall and handsome man. I bet there is some sweet young thing involved - isn't there always when a guy files for divorce?

How sad for the family.

Cory Roberson

What are earth is he thinking getting a divorce after 50 years of marriage. You are too old and you've been together too long to not be able to work it out. They've probably had issues in the past and managed to stay together. Does this guy really want to be alone at this point in his life. I know he can afford to have the best care, but still, DUDE your 77. Maybe, he wants to try to hit the singles bars and step up his game to the ladies.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments