J.Lo Ambushed by PETA

1/22/2007 2:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

J.Lo's auditions for her new "Glow After Dark" reality show were derailed Friday night when two members of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) took the stage, pretending to audition, and launched into a tirade against the singer/actress.

TMZ obtained video of the confrontation, secretly shot by PETA at the event, which was held at Macy's in Downey, California. "J.Lo, fur ho!" screamed one of the ladies, who began by saying, "I think the most important thing about being a diva...is not only being sexy and being stylish, but is not wearing real f***ing fur!"

The shocked M.C. scooped up one of the infiltrators and strong-armed her off the stage.

J.Lo was not present during the outburst.

Rachel

No, J.Lo can't sue. PETA has knowledgable legal counsel and they are within their rights to demonstrate as they did. You may not agree with all of their tactics but I for one am glad they are here. If you research it as I have you will discover for yourself the horrendous abuses on fur farms. I've seen the videos and they aren't pretty. Their just is not any valid reason for perpetuating this kind of cruelty on any living thing. We don't need fur to be warm today and it looks simply awful. For those who say PETA should be fighting for children or other causes: Yes those causes are important but does this mean there should be no organization who chooses to speak out against animal cruelty? Can we not have both?
How can anyone be for unnecessary cruelty to animals?

sam

What kind of loser needs to wear fur to feel good about themselves? I guess an ex-man called J Lo!

Rachel

what kind of loser has to wear fur? good question. typically people desperate for attention. "look at me, look at me, i can afford to buy fur. i look like a complete fool but look at me"!
geesh. fur makes women look like whores looking for a john.

Rachel

I REALLY wish Joe Leiberman would run for President. I'm just sayin.

dolores

continuation of #9..because you still have the bad karma of x husbands following you karma is a beetch.

SeaNymphette

As an Anthropologist and an Archaeologist the debate on whether or not to wear fur or eat meat is hysterically silly to me. I study humankind, it's evolution, its cultures, and I can unequivocally attest that if we hadn't been fur wearing, meat eating hominids, we would never have been the one hominid species to survive. How do you think we made it through three ice ages? Our bodies evolved in an African savannah and are not designed for extreme cold, yet our ability to adapt and wear fur saved us. Although, we are essentially omnivores and naturally eat a diet of plants, roots, nuts, and berries, supplemented by meat, we have carnivore teeth. Herbivores, ruminants, and grazers have entirely different, blade-like teeth. The plain facts are that our teeth evolved as grinders for raw meat and our ability to adapt temporarily to an all meat diet, in environments too cold for plants, saved us as well. Animal Rights activist will counter that we don't NEED to wear fur or eat meat in the modern world, but they are not taking into account the whole (global) picture. They say we have synthetic fabrics and engineered food. I would gladly compare the paltry impact my fur wearing and meat eating has on the environment, and the human body, to the massively destructive damage that synthetic manufacturers and processed food distributors have on it. A large amount of the air and water pollution, the carcinogens that environmentalist are complaining about right now are the result of these manufacturers of artificial means of sustaining humankind. They are causing cancer and global warming. Plus, we need to preserve our traditions of knowing how to survive in our environment (hunting, fishing, gathering, herding, agriculture, horticulture) , should any cataclysmic or apocalyptical event ever occur and we need them. Surviving on this knowledge is not that far in the past, my grandfather hunted possums, squirrels, and raccoons and my grandmother planted corn, beans, and squash. They grew cotton and raised hogs. This was and is normal life in the Black Belt of Alabama, Appalachia, and I suspect many rural areas of the world. Only upscale, urbanized snobs, who can afford to live otherwise, would even suggest cruelty to animals. Most of the world can't afford to buy a cloth coat or manmade shoes. I shop at Whole Foods and Earth Fare sometimes for food that hasn't been tampered with. The Vegetarians in these stores are the most angry, aggressive, and violent people in the store. Perhaps because they are sublimating their naturally evolved instinct to crave meat. No thank you, I'll eat a few steaks a month rather than attack another human being. I'm acutely iron deficient anemic anyway, and can feel my blood surge when I do. The bottom line is PETA is profit-making cult, like any other cult, who terroristically attacks any celebrity, politician, or citizen who won't jump on their bandwagon and follow them like sheep. Their internet blogs and video exposes are all propaganda. They rob humanity of it's basest rights, rights that no other species in the animal kingdom would question, the rights to eat, keep warm, the right to survive, the right to live.

SeaNymphette

Great Dane, are you going to volunteer to tell these poor, starving people in desolate regions of Africa and Cambodia, who need celebrities to fund well digging and water purification just to get a cold glass of water, that PETA says they can't hunt gazelles or wear a leather sandals in the scorching savannah heat? Shut Up! You haven't a clue what you are talking about. People in survival mode can't afford to succumb to the whims of upscale, urban, terrorist cult, snobs like PETA members.

SeaNymphette

sakura

PETA can kiss my a$$. I support trying to protect animals and am not a fan of fur, but those PETA JERKS GO TO FAR!

Where I live, the group was protesting a KFC and was screaming at customers who were inside eating chicken. They had disgustingly graphic pictures and video of slaughtered chicken and were waving the signs around like a banner. Many children inside were crying, including my 6 year, because they were scared by the loud protestors and didn't know what was going on.

That goes too far!

SeaNymphette

And no all of the Anti-PETA post are not from corporate lobbyists. I have no association with any corporation. I simply detest any kind of radical cult who try to force their beliefs on others. PETA is anti-freedom, not to mention anti-nature since they want us to circumvent behavior we were naturally designed for, I hate all groups such as these.

Rachel

umm seanymphette- in case you haven't noticed we don't need fur now to keep warm. and i know alot of vegetarians, none of them are violent and aggressive. what planet are you on? now if one chooses not to eat meat we're violent? guess i better get a filet-STAT! before i kill someone! (and you actually have a college degree?) i don't eat it because a rotting carcass doesn't much appeal to me. since i gave it up i have lower cholesterol, i weigh less, have more energy and just feel better. bite into those muscles, veins and fat all you want but it's nasty to me. i don't belong to peta (yet) but i applaud there efforts to stop the NEEDLESS cruelty to animals on factory farms and fur farms. what is wrong with that? are you FOR animal cruelty? do you think that people, merely because we can, should treat animals as if they don't feel pain? you sound like a wonderfully compassionate person (not) and as for tacking on the fact that you're not a corporate lobbyist: sure. we believe you. really.

Virginia Abreu de Paula

Every time something like that happens, I listen to people saying about the rights of wearing what they want. It's not true! Nobody has the right to be cruel! Nobody has the right to demand articles that comes from pain and torture. It seems so difficult for people to understand only because those who are suffering aren't from the human race. Now, try to imagine J. Lo wearing coats made of human skin from people who were killed for that. Would you still claim she has the right to wear it? I doubt. So, stop being racists and you will see how terrible is to wear fur.

DryCreek

Post 115 by seanymphette was the most commen sense response I've read here yet. The emotional reactions from the posters that are pro PETA are a tad on the frightening side. At least we can take comfort in knowing that when the time comes, these people will not be in the survivers group.

All the talk about how advanced we've become and how meat and fur are not required any more....these people need to visit somewhere outside of their comfortable city and see what life is like for those that still rely upon the natural way. I'm pretty sure they will find that there are NO PETA supporters among the Inuit people.

I will always be anti-PETA, the lies and propaganda spread by this group of radical terrorists have bilked many people out of their hard earned cash, for the sole purpose of providing the good life for those that run the organization. The death toll of animals that PETA has slaughtered is beyond comprehension for any pro animal group. Their tactics leave much to be desired. They are not pro animal....they are anti-people, anti-rights.

Get a life people, its obvious that you need one, you have to much time on your hands obviously or you would be fighting for the right to survive.

Rachel

"radical terrorists"? yeah, be sure to get that word terrorist in there as if to associate it with REAL terrorists.
"hard-earned cash"? yeah, that $15 a year is really breaking me-hope i can pay the mortgage.
"fighting for the right to survive"? huh? i'm doing just fine, thanks for caring.
"Inuit people"? we're not talking about the Inuit people, duh, we're talking about pampered celebrities who use fur in their clothing lines so other pampered snobs can contribute to the cruelty of fur farms. guess it must be getting pretty damn chilly in L.A. these days if these no-talent hags need their furs.

others have been asked this, with no response: Are you FOR cruelty to animals?

Rocknstv

Just peta showing off their low class ways again. It's no ones' business but hers what she wears. F'n people with too much time on their hands!