Just When You Thought it Was Safe Underwater...

1/25/2007 4:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ photogs strapped on scuba tanks and risked their lives to get underneath the fins of the hottest fish in the ocean! Wait'll ya see the size of those gills!

Not really. We've been spoofed on YouTube ... and it's pretty damn hilarious.

Mad Balls

Just saw the japenese dude who got it to the surface . shark died in about an hour . Idiots . Really freaky Video of the dude lying next to it . Its like 6 feet long and looks like alien 3 babies . The shark is called shrill and I believe Jack Kirby had a Alien he drew called shrill that looked exactly like it . Cool . They are very rarely seen and cannot survive at higher altitudes . Kiss me quick , fool !

amy

I totally agree with Cathy Number one. It is actually not a good storie due to it's death. It was minding it's own business untill these f***ers tooks it's life for money. Ridiculous!!

amy

I mean story.

natosha

The poor thing did come up to die, but they should have just let it die. not freaked out in some cage. why do you think animals do that..to die peacefull and alone..oh and the fact that it wont get eaten first..that poor thing was probably sitting there thinking well when I do get served with chips?
and yes it is a real news story. and tmz. stick to what you know..gossip not the real shite

im just sayin

Who cares. Its a fish. Big deal if he died, he would of killed your ass if you fell in the water!! All you animal lovers need to get a life seriously!! Its a damn fish.

natosha

it maybe just a fish, but you know what i really cant stand..people who dont even realize they are animals themselves...the human animal. with insticnts and drives just like any animal on this planet..including fish. its a shame that anyone would be so stuck up at to believe that animals are not capable of contious thought. feelings or emotions....they feel fear, anger, sorrow, anxiety, just as we do. we should learn a thing or two from the animals. most animals mate for life first off. and most of the time when the mate dies. the other goes with it. and you know why?....GRIEF..the feel that to..

natosha

Go to africa and meet a lion, or hell a hippo...guess what you suddenly are..pray
just another animal.

amy

im just saying. That shark was real low.I dont think i will be going there anytime so what the hell do you mean that shark will eat us?? Apparently, it can't survive in high altitude!! I know i didn't spell that right and i don't give a f***.

im just sayin

#23&24 go get laid. Its just a fish!!

natosha

actually ..im just saying... thats a damn good idea...time to call hubby home early from work....thanks for the tip...time to get all animalistic ahahahahaha
later ill be busy.

Acclimated

Hey I say if the thing cant survive at the shallower depths. Then it is an inferior/ faulty species and has no damn business pro creating. But if that were its only fault I believe we could overlook that. but then we see that it is wearing frilly things in it's gills. reminding me of Duane (Dog) Chapman, the Bounty Hunter. so yeah it needs to die. oh and the fact that humans are the ONLY species that not only encourages, but promotes the longevity and multiplying of our weak and our sick is our GREATEST fault

Janell

I am lost is the shark itself real or fake. We watch the footage on youtube and thought it was a wonderful site and I was glad to have got to see it. Please tell me this isn't a joke.

fruitsalads

God damn, cry me a frigin' river, people. The shark was, infact rare, but it was it's own fault to go above it's natural habitat, which is over 2000 below sea-level, an impossible depth for natural humans. Of course I really hated the fact it was captured, but at least it didn't go through horrible experiments.

~~*peace*~~

You guys are making such a big deal over this. It is just a fish, it is in fact a rare shark that lives under 2,000 below sea level. BUT we dont have to get all mad bout TMZ and people capturing it!!!

suzyq

The Japanese should have just tagged it and released it so they could learn more about them instead of killing it
The underwater voices came alot later

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments