Michael Douglas Lost in Translation

1/25/2007 1:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comMichael Douglas couldn't stop laughing when he misunderstood a French reporter's question about "focus on film." Michael thought the phrase meant doing something a whole lot dirtier -- something we can't repeat without a lot of asterisks.

The interview took place at Sundance, where Douglas can be seen in "King of California."

Douglas suffers from a failure to communicate in this video, but it's impressive that he at least tries to do an interview in a foreign language! Focus on film!

Ava

"F***s on film?" Could be that's what he thought! Close enough

Wicked

WTF Tmz...I don't know about other people....but I do not have the kind of time it takes to load your video's. Me, I love Michael Douglas. You TMZ are retards...and the posters who post here....LOSERS without life. Me...I'm heading to the Ivy for lunch. Eat your heart out azzwipes. A toot a leur...sp...LOL

Birdgirl

Actually, he's telling the reporter to be careful with how he says, "Focus on Film" because it sounds so much like "F*** us on film" .. he doesn't misunderstand .. he's having a bit of fun.

coco puff

I don't see the humor in making fun of a accent. If it were not for the French you American's would not of beaten the British. We gave you your country. I see talk of racism here but it's OK because he did not make fun of a negro or Jew. You Americans are so stupid. That is why you vote in Bush twice and let him kill you in Iraq. STUPID AMERICANS!!!

Sarah in NYC

Had to respond. I loooooooove France, and the French (I am American). But monsieur, please don't forget, if it weren't for the US, you and all your buddies would be speaking German!

Jennifer

The "truthful Frenchman" is an oxymoron. You are frogs-nothing more.

coco puff

This Michael Douglas is a Hollywood bitch and so was his father. You stupid Yankees come to Paris, spend thousands of dollars and we spit in your food. Then you come back to France for more. Europe and the rest of the world laughs at your cowboy president Bush, who you re-elected. We left Vietnam and you went in only to lose. 50,000 dead times 3 wounded. Now you want to repeat Vietnam in Iraq. Doing the same thing again and expecting a different result is the definition of STUPIDITY!!!

Sarah in NYC

GOOD LORD you're angry, monsieur truthful Frenchman. Did you not hear me the first time: YOU SHOULD THANK US THAT YOU AREN'T SPEAKING GERMAN RIGHT NOW. THE AMERICANS SAVED YOU IN WWII.
NOW BE GRATEFUL, AS YOU SHOULD!

Sarah in NYC

oh, and Frenchman: good job building that Panama Canal! FAILURE!

???

Listen dumbass this is about Michael Douglas. I know it's hard but try to stay focused. Oh ..and isn't it time for your monthly bath?

Jennifer

Kirk Douglas is married to a French woman, Ann Douglas. Despite the fact that she is French she is a decent person. I would presume that being in America would help the French learn some manners.

coco puff

Sarah, the Americans did not save the French. You did not enter the war until you were bombed by the Japanese. As I said before, there would be no America if not for the French so how could you save us as you say if you didn't exist. This is a stupid argument and I hope I cleared it up for you. Go fight in Iraq so you can save them as you say you saved France!

Sarah in NYC

Dear Frenchman: you need to pick up a history book and start reading it. I do not have time today to teach you. Also, if you're going to write in English, you may want to practice your spelling/grammar. Merde!

Jimmy the Swisssss

Hey FrenchF***erMan.. you're just a piece of sh*t like all french.. If you are really french you will certainly understand following : EspÃ%u0192¨ce de trou du cul.. t'as que Ã%u0192§a Ã%u0192  foutre de dire des conneries et chier sur les ricains.. c'est une bande de cons.. d'accord.. mais toi t'es encore plus con qu'eux !!! abruti.. va te faire enculer par une nÃ%u0192©gresse verte....' piece of sh*t !!!! sucker !! just GET THE F*** OUT !!!!!

POV'TYPE

Sand In My Crack

Since we're already off topic could the Frenchman please explain why French women don't shave their legs or armpits?? And how did Italy beat them into the ground in The World Cup? FORZA ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Buffon ROCKS!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments