What About

Man-Bob?

1/25/2007 3:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Now that every Urban, Spade and Cojo has taken to sporting the Meg Ryan-spawned man-shag, a new haircut of mass destruction has reared its ugly head: The man-bob!

The Man-Bob Attacks
Once relegated to the likes of Dorothy Hamill and Posh Spice, now some of Hollywood's hottest hunks, like actor-turned-goth rocker Jared Leto (upper left), and "Heroes" star Milo Ventimiglia (upper right), are getting their locks sheared, shaped and flat-ironed into the feminine flip. How lovely!

Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz (lower left) has taken the emasculating man-bob a step further by also adding heavy eyeliner to the not-so-dandy do, while AFI's Davey Havok's (lower right) man-bob with fake eyelashes makes RuPaul look butch. Can you say Liza with a Z?

Before you start blaming these metrosexual messes for their bad bouffants, send your man-bob hate mail to the real person responsible for its 21st Century resurgence -- Miss Rosie O'Donnell (center).

kelly

Would Donald rather do Rosie or Jared Leto I wonder? Actually probably any of those guy pictured over her.

Ricky Rockhardo

What kind of straight dude decides he's going to go to the bathroom and put on make-up in the morning? I don't get it. What a bunch of pseudo avante-garde queers. Especially that Wentz guy, Fall Out Boy sucks! Big Time! But so does the rest of the "rock" music that has came out between the new millenium and now. What a sad demise that rock has came down to sissy Cure wannabes in the '07 that play pop-punk worse than Blink-182 could ever be. No wonder Hip Hop dominates music... Guys like this make rock f***ing suck!

TeenageDeathGirl

Seriously... who cares? And Davey is prettier than you. Fact.

As, for that matter, is Pete.

This is a bit sad.

ERIS

----------------------------------------------
What happened to the manly men?? Now all you see is
waif-like men. I
miss the time of strong men with solid bodies and men's hairstyles.
If I'd want my man looking like a girl I'd be a lesbian or a
transgender chaser.
---------------------------------------------

shannon

For all you haters - do not classify Davey Havok from AFI nor Pete Wentz from FOB as emo - they are talented musicians unlike the rest of the people you clumped them together with. They are individuals and have their own styles, for all commenting about how they suck you can all bugger off. AFI owns the charts and continue to rock. Davey is a gorgeous man who is self confident enough in his own skin to rock the look.

Slim

Actually, being a non-PC Homophobic without an attitude is not near as sick as embracing and protecting a rude same-sex Butch loudmouth like Rosie O. She gives the Man-Bob rhetoric all new meaning. I LIKE being Homophobic....

Go TMZ!!

Marilena-Siobhan Kenny

This post-printed commentary on the subject herein is exactly the way people reacted in 1972 in the final days of the Viet-Cong-Flagration U.S. Criminal Enterprise Era Nixonianism still present in the White House that spawned equal hate for gays that the A.M.A. and A.P.A. afirmed were no longer "SICK" in the DSM II and the subsequent victory of Roe v. Wade !...... I lamentedly long for the beauty of "Where Is The Love?" to ask all you, the haters of the world, why you all really hate yourselves !......

-MSK-

Davey

HI MY NAME IS DAVEY AND I'M A F***ING FAGGOT!!! I LIKE BOYS, AND EVERYONE WHO FALLS FOR MY "INDIVIDUALITY" IS A DUMBASS!!! HI MY NAME IS DAVEY AND I HAVE A VAGINA. OH AND MY MUSIC SUCKS MAJOR ASS.

Davey

they all look like queers

what ever happened to REAL MEN???????? what the hell is up with this look, if you want to be a girl just get a god damn sex change instead of lacking the guts to go all the way with your look.

Jenova

Jared Leto, Pete Wentz--they're still the hottest thing I've ever laid eyes on. You wonder why they got these haircuts? Some girls--I'm willing to bet a lot more than the ones who commented here--like it.

thammy

I'm gonna have to agree with Ms. V always loved the look. Not too loving about Heroes dude but I love Pete Wentz and Davey's hair. Leto, I'm not so sure about but he's eyes distract from anything else.

Jewels

Um excuse me, but Rosie O isn't twisting these guys' arms to get the same haircut as she has. And BTW...this is not HATE MAIL! I just don't like seeing Rosie trashed for something she didn't do this time. Besides...I like her. She has chutzpah! She's willing to stand behind the things she says even if they are outrageous at times. Now a hairdo you SHOULD be picking on is that horrible combover with "frump Trump."

Jewels

LOL @ Ms.V's comment about Jared "getting more p****y than a kitty litter box" Too funny!

As for Jennifer #53 and Davey #52 and all the others I finally quit reading because they have issues...maybe you should join Isaiah Washington at his therapy group for "homophobes"!!!

Indi

Dorothy Hamill's hairdo actually looked good, not at all raggedy like the do's in the photos above. They look like they were lawnmowered. Hey, wait -- I think I'll cut MY hair like that! Is it IN? Whoa!

Michael

They jussst look sssso sssspecial--jusst like Prince, or is it Princessssss, I forget. As far as TMZ and their comments on Rotund, er Rosie, guess what? This is America. If people can display pictures of a man with a whip up his ass and try to pass it off as "art" (yea, whatever), then lo and behold, TMZ or anyone else can say what they feel about gays. The 2nd Amendment works both ways.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments