Post no longer available

1/30/2007 10:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

COMMENTS

DeLarge

Walter, two words I want you to get hip to:

Sarcasm: a sharply ironical taunt, sneering or cutting remark, and
Jest: a piece of good natured ridicule.

Unfortunately not everyone can take things in stride, and instead the guilty party speaks. Like Blondee, I too enjoy some good ol' fashioned sarcasm, and can understand when I'm reading it as well. That's why I frequent the posts, and sometimes why I may post. Don't take life so seriously dude, when you do, you end up missing all the fun.

I own a computer, and have one in front of me for work. BTW, Frank Gehry isn't as highly regarded as a great architect by architects, trust me, I know. He could have found better talent, say; I.M. Pei or a BLACK ARCHITECT;) Now, use those two words in a sentence and laugh at yourself.

Joe

It just doesn't really make sense to bring it out this far. I really doubt anyone is going to be able to say to what extent Barclays was involved in the slave trade. And it's true it should be looked at in the context of history. I don't see a boycott being made against Fruit of the Loom, or tobacco.

Dana

Ok, First I will address you FARRAH...Yes it is possible for black people to be racist.. It is possible for ANY race or religon to be racist against anyone they dont like...

Next, the issue at hand. Jayz used to sell crack...Are people boycotting him? It was a long time ago that this bank used to do these dirty deeds...Let it go...It seems like Jay is...

calilife4me

Walter #7,

Are you serious? Let history rest? Let me pock your feeble arguement in a few sentences. Most of the racist white people in the 60's who kept non-whites from drinking from their water fountains, going to their schools, eating at the same restaurants, etc...were not born when slavery was a "world business." Unfortunately, they continued the practice of racism and hate that is still practiced today! Do you think it's completely coincidence that whites make up the majority of the U.S. population but more non-whites are in jail? Do you think it's coincidence that the majority of U.S. corporations are headed by white males? Geezzz, white women are just getting their shot because of bigotry initiated by the white male. Point being; white males benefit from what has happened in the past and always will and you expect non-whites to roll over and forget! Yeah right!

For the idiot saying African-Americans should give land back to the Native Americas', is just that, a simpleton!

calilife4me

EVERYONE CAN BE RACIST!! DON'T MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT'S ONLY ONE RACE DOING ALL THE HATE! THE REASON WE CAN'T GET ALONG AS A NATION IS BECAUSE WE DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO EDUCATED OURSELVES ABOUT OTHERS FEELING, BELIEFS, CULTURE, ETC....

Sillyme

Are they trading in slaves now.. ? Get over it.. hitler is dead, we don't keep bombing the Germans huh?

Hamp

How did this turn so personal? none of us are reaping any of the benefits behind Jay, the bank etc...I do think that some of you on here with the racist comments (negros ,crackers, bitches etc.) are just playing into the typical sterotype. It is unfortunate that racism is still alive but, instead of people making a change in there own lives you tend to find it convienent to bash others to make your lonely selves feel better. Change starts with self first...

Great Dane

I WISH I OWNED A SLAVE......: /

LOL

Walter

oh, well lets see now . White people in the 60's. Oh You must mean like Black People in the 60's also that ran around killing white people in major American cities for no reason?
Do you mean black people like Oprah who are clearly racist ? Do you mean black people like Rev Al and Jesse Jackson that teach hate for whites because Im sure as an educated person you do realize racism is all about money dont you?
Do you mean black people like Elijah Mohammed and Louis Farrakhan who preach hate and bigotry against all that are not black.

Do you mean like the black people in Cali that went on a rampage killing and beating anyone who was not black? And this appr 10 yrs ago.

Do you mean the black people in Arfrica that still sell thousands of slaves yearly?

Please, go on with that nonsense. I just got off the boat in 67 and I was 2 when I got here. When I was old enough to see what was going on in the world it dawned on me that it is black people that will not allow the United States to live in peace because they feel this country owes them.
Well, it doesnt. It owes you notta damn thing. Not you, not me and certainly not anyone else.

You say most major corporations are headed by white CEO's? Ok, Ill give you that. But why don't you be a sport and tell people why this is?
Could it be that black people in this country are only %12 of the population?
Wow, that could be it Sherlock.
Do you really expect black people or any people with a population of %12 total to run a damn country?
Next thing you'll tell me is that whites stopped blacks from procreating in order to keep their population down or the system is set up so blacks can't get ahead.
Both you and I know that is bullsh*t. Im sorry your life sucks so badly but you need to step in the "bitch" line and wait your turn to properly cast a complaint.
The world is unfair for %99 of the people and the ones that make it to the top happen to have moeny.
Last time I looked a whole lotta damn black folks I knew, know and dont know are rich and they don't complain about racism unless of course its convienant like that man that used to be black. Ummmmm whats his name? Oh yea, Michael Jackson.

Get a life, your ass probably doesn't even know what racism really is. All you can do is read about it and listen to what grown folks have to say about it.
Go back to class child and leave this forum for the grow folk.

Walter

Still no word on boycotting Africa or even a peep about the Africans and their major role in starting the slave trade which still flourishes even today. Nope, not one damn peep.

Conveinant for all you racists to only blame white folks because you know blaming your own people and your own families that sold you off to not only whitey but almost everyone else in the world would be hazardous to your cause would'nt it?

calilife4me

Awwww,

Listen to Walter wine and cheese his way through life. He came here in '67 without and still without a clue! You useless excuse for education in any country - Money is Money, Racism is Racism, and Hate is Hate! Do you understand the difference?

Elijah Mohammed and Louis Farrakhan - I'm not a fan! Do you think because they're black, ALL BLACKS share their views? More blacks followed Dr. King and his message of non-violence! Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson do not preach hate, they stand for equality. Have you ever read anything by Dr. King, Shapton, or Jackson? Are you just talking out of you ass about what they stand for without knowing a thing about them? Oprah? Now that's funny - especially since she donated 1mill. two weeks ago to an all white finishing school. Are you talking about the Los Angeles roits when a majorial white jury acquited 4 police officers for beating an unarmed black man after the beating was shown on national television? Really? Didn't they move to the trial to Simi Valley, of all places, where most of the population is white law enforcement officers?

I like many black people don't think that America owes us anything. There are plenty of us that are college educated, hard working, and money making Americans! Funny how America paid reperations to holocaust victims though! Did America owe them something? I guess so. Why does congress still vote on black Americans right to vote? They do folks!

The largest banks and oldest corporations are run by white people because they were started during slavery and were built on the backs of slaves. Like I said, blacks and whites were not permitted to socialize until you got off the boat; let alone get loans from banks, or hold executive positions in corporations. 12% is a current population statistic - throwing out stats out of context is stupid! It proves you didn't think about what you saying and you're pulling crap out your ass - now eat it, hop back on your boat and die at sea!

SMILEY

FARRAH, SO YOU AGREE THAT JAYZ SHOULD GO INTO BUSINESS WITH A BANK THAT PERSOCUTED BLACK SLAVES. YOU ARE STUPID, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT ALVERY AND HOW THEY SUFFERED THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT THAT. YOU TALK ABOUT RACISM YOU ARE JUST AS BAD

Hamp

Okay.. I keep coming back and reading these comments It seems to me WALTER... that you need to take your illegal ass and get back on that boat and keep it movin...it is ignorant people like you that has the world so f***ed up today... I bet you voted for Bush? I just could not let this rest. Masta should have kept his ass away from our black great greats and maybe mixed-up screwed-up people like you would have better sense...Do you know that we didn't ask to be here?...I want my 40 acres and my f***in mule....but guess what I don't need you...or anybody to get it for me...Most African Americans can run circles around you and that raggedy ass boat your illegal ass came over here on...I was really trying to be nice and positive about this but it is ignorant people like you that make it hard for a Sista like me...your a sad case...

BLONDEE

For some who did not understand my opinions-refer to post #22. Go get em' For Us By Us!!!!Till next time world...BLONDEE

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments