Is Courtney "Idol's" Next Train Wreck?

1/31/2007 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol's" Paula Abdul is as loopy as any big-time TV personality can hope to be (and still keep her job), but could "Idol" producers be replacing her with the one musical mama who's actually more likely to make an utter idiot of herself on national TV -- Courtney Love?
Paula Abdul and Courtney Love
Love told Usmagazine.com that she's been approached by "Idol" producers to appear on the show. What's more, a source says that Love might actually be supplanting Abdul, whose tenure as a judge has been studded with all manner of wackiness and scandal, including a well-traveled bout of nuttiness in local TV interviews last month. "Idol's" reps had no comment.

That's just child's play for Courtney, a woman who's done and displayed just about everything under the sun and her shirt to humiliate herself, including (allegedly) flinging mike stands, baring her breasts, and melting down at roasts. (Her reps could not be reached for comment.) And with a national stage of 30 million viewers a week, who knows what insanity awaits?

Courtney Love photo galleryThat wacky Paula Abdul

Fred

You forgot taking drugs while pregnant with Curt Kobain's daughter.

igglefan

I would defintely tune in if Courtney comes aboard!

amy

Courtney Love- DO THE AMERICAN IDOL THING. THE RATINGS ARE HIGH AND WILL GET HIGHER WITH YOU. NOTHING LIKE REPLACING A MESS WITH A MESSIER. NOT TO MENTION YOU ARE MUCH FUNNIER THAN PAULA AND WILL PROBABLY BE MORE HONEST LIKE SIMON. WHO EVER CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF YOU JUDGING IS CLEVER AND KNOW WHAT THE ENTERTAINMENT BIZ LUVS. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU JUDGE ON AMERICAN IDOL AND WATCH YOU FIGHT WITH SIMON.

RIGHT ON!!

Rachel

Idol is the most popular show on television, they aren't dumb enough to fix it if it ain't broken. This is bullsh*t.

Only in

Simon would never tolerate Love! Believe ME

Tired and Ready for A Nap

This is so wrong! I really like Paula. When the guys get mean (especially Simon) she is always there to say something nice to these people. I don't care if she's tired and wacked out. She's better than the Courtney Love train wreck. It would change the whole dynamics of a very successful show. I think this is lip service to make an already HOT show .. hotter

sunshine

Okay Paula Adbul is an embarrasment. What is she doing? She's more ridiculous than some of the talentless idiots that show up. They def need to replace her... but I don't know if Love is the right choice.. replace her with someone else.. And she needs to get help.

Rachel

Simon has said Paula gives the show heart and if Simon wants her, Paula stays.

And Amy- STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IT'S IRRITATING AND APPEARS AS IF YOU'RE SCREAMING. THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE 'A'.

dimwit

just me

great idea replace one coked out whore for another. works for me

Sillyme

I think Paula is actually suffering with some dementia problems.

bigSHADY

I think Courtney gets the Lifetime Wack Award ... But currently, Paula wears the crown ... She's just a flat-out mess ... She should get off the Meth. I used to want to bang her .. but not anymore!

andria

NOPE. Visit my website for Courtney Love's response to this....
www.AndriaJolie.com

Courtney's on Crack

From Us magazine

American Idol won’t be getting out a fourth judge's chair any time soon.

Rocker Courtney Love claimed yesterday that Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe called her office last week asking whether she would be interested in sitting in as a judge on the hit FOX show.

"He called,” Love told Usmagazine.com. “He was wondering if I was interested. I thought it was kind of weird but brilliant."

On Tuesday, Lythgoe didn't offer any comment, but now Lythgoe denies making the call, saying in a statement to Usmagazine.com:

"I did not call Courtney Love and am afraid someone may have misrepresented me. Courtney Love is a very talented artist, but the judges for American Idol are Paula, Randy and Simon. We have no plans to add to or replace any of them."

So who made that mysterious phone call? When informed of Lythgoe's denial, Love now admits, "It was probably a prank."

suzany

What is the deal?

Paula Abdul is a sweetheart...you guys should lay-off the mainstream media's continual jabs at her.
sheesh