Bogus Lawsuit Against Brandy?

2/5/2007 5:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The $50 million lawsuit filed by the parents of the woman killed in the Brandy car crash may get thrown out of court.

TMZ has done some digging and here's the lowdown. Awatef Aboudihaj was killed December 30 after Brandy's vehicle rear-ended her on a Los Angeles freeway. Aboudihaj was married with two children. Under California law, only the husband, not the parents, can sue for wrongful death.

We're told the parents' lawsuit was filed without consulting the husband beforehand. Even more interesting, Aboudihaj has been living in the United States for 11 years. Her parents have been living in Morocco full-time, so contact between parents and daughter was minimal.

Aboudihaj's parents could file suit if they were financially dependent on her, but we're told that was not the case.

As for Aboudihaj's husband, TMZ has learned he is being represented by Los Angeles attorney Bill Sayed. Sayed tells TMZ he is currently investigating Brandy's net worth and says the matter "will be resolved by settlement or jury verdict." Sayed would not say how much money he'll be demanding, but said it will probably be a combination of Brandy's insurance policy limit -- plus something additional from Brandy herself.

Calls to the attorney for Aboudihaj's parents were not returned.

Celebrity Status...Unknown

I wouldn't mind being called chocolate mousse... Anyway it's not necessarily what you say it's the intent behind the words, if you say something as a term of endearmant, or with malice...

Back to the subject at hand, Brandy should be sued, not for 50 million. She's is guilty as she has repeatedly admitted, but to rake her over the coals is ridiculous.

All the posters who keep making the racist and bigoted remarks are unfufilled hateful human beings.

Seriously

Farrah needs her/his/it's medication adjusted. And Farrah, if you ever
come into some money, buy yourself a life honey.

Brandy KILLED someone. She should pay.
And BTW she is ugly and has no talent.

JJMaxwell

Sh*t Happens It's apart of life the 405 fwy is one of the most messed up freeways out here in L.A, The flow of the traffic is a not so much stop and go. But its more like traffic tends to pick up at a pretty fast pace of about 50-80 mph and then it comes to a complete stop, out of no where. thats the only freeway out here that is like that. Sh*t happens I doubt that the person died from the impact of brandy's SUV. but she did died from the chain of events after the first impact. so brandy's not at fault for her death what so ever. it could have been me that could cause all that sh*t on the freeway that day. or anybody else for that matter.

shayna

I think that brandy didnt really didn't cause that addcident, but who ever saying negative thoughts about her i think that u should stop b-cause that was her best friend why would she want her to die???? get it, learn it, know it

ZMT

IMPOSSIBLE . FARRAH IS A WELL KNOWN WHITE COMIC. YOU ARE REALLY FUNNY FARRAH AND I KNOW YOU HAVE MANY PEOPLE INSIDE OF YOU. I EXPECT YOU TO BECOME MORE CREATIVE IN THE FUTURE .MAYBE YOU CAN BE A BORN AGAIN CHRISTAIN OR A CONVERT TO ISLAM.
YOU ARE GETTING TO PREDICTABLE, LESS INTERESTING.
YOU NOTICE ALL RESPONSES TO YOU ARE PREDICTABLE AS WELL.. YOU CAN DO BETTER.

fiery

My 6 y/o just saw her 1st black person at Christmas, she stared at him for a few minutes & then walked up to him & said "You is chocolate, how come you're so lucky" lmao

All American Girl

Farrah go collect all the special grants America has made for you because of your color. Better yet take someone elses job who is more trained and qualified then you are because of your race. I never had a slave and as far as I know no one else on this web page has. As a matter of fact my grandparents came over to America for a better life. I am white and I am proud of my race. I feel sorry that you live in the past that you never even lived in. Your family now is what you are about. Use the services provided by this country and stop blaming the white man!!!

Hollywood

I hope TMZ takes these racist comments down asap. They sound totally uneducated, and immature.

Jeana

How old are you people? 12? You all behave just like a group of kids on the playground. Grow up!

Cory Roberson

So after insurance settles their end of the bill, I take it she will pay between $500k to $1million. Then it will be done with. NEXT story! NO NEED FOR FURTHER COMMENT.

Sand In My Crack

Whenever I read Farrah's retarded attempts to post here I keep remembering that scene from the flick Man On Fire where Denzel taped that corrupt cop's fingers to the steering wheel and then cut them off one by one using the car cigarette lighter to stop the bleeding.......I guess one can always dream......

Mary

How old are you morons? Get a life.

cindy11675

Like it or not, if it were your child, would you not sue?

ZMT

SEE FARRAH I TOLD YOU !
NOW............. REINVENT YOURSELF, LET'S SEE HOW SMART YOU ARE.
DON'T LET THOSE LOSERS WIN.

Dan

#42 You sound like an uneducated moron... lay off the pipe.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments