"Hey Paula" -- You Stole My Show!

2/6/2007 6:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulTMZ has obtained a lawsuit filed against Paula Abdul by a production company claiming the "Idol" judge tried to screw them out of a show based on Paula's life.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Pilgrim Films and Television (PFTV) met with Abdul and David Russo (her producing partner) in 2004 and discussed a talk show featuring Abdul. According to the suit, after some false starts, the concept evolved into a reality show titled "Hey Paula," based on Abdul's wacky life.

The lawsuit alleges that the project fell apart after Abdul demanded final editorial control over the final product. The suit claims PFTV was trying to get the show back on track by selling it to Oxygen. But PFTV claims Abdul allegedly came clean and told the peeps at PFTV that "she had secretly taken PFTV's 'Hey Paula' project ... to Bravo." The suit claims she never mentioned that Russo was allegedly in on it. On January 12, Bravo announced "Hey Paula" will debut sometime this year on the cable network.

The suit asks for compensatory and punitive damages, in addition to an injunction prohibiting anyone from airing "Hey Paula."

David Russo's lawyer, Bill Abrams, told TMZ, "The allegations are baseless."

Paula told TMZ, "While I'm not going to respond to this baseless lawsuit, I will say that "Hey Paula" is based upon my life and my ideas. Last I heard, I still own my own life."

Seriously

Slow night huh Delilah? Have another hit.
Paula would be trying to get into commercials if it weren't
for American Idol. She hasn't done anything in years.
Just another dysfunctional celebrity in her own little world.

Sam

Who care about what Paulas doing.

"BOYCOT PARIS HILTON EVERYONE" that fuck'n racist slag has got to go. Go to AOL entertainment news to see the tape.

Lenn K

I was going to say something about Paula, but Delilah total outburst just blew my mind. Delilah, what the hell are you talking about and why?

Sand In My Crack

Paula needs to enter the Miss USA pageant so she can get a free ticket to rehab, nice apartment at Trump Plaza and full support from the Donald. (if she can bust a move during the talent part without falling on her ass).

Sand In My Crack

Oh and Delilah..I'd be in full support of building any type of bridge as long as you throw yourself off of it, preferably head first..

L.S

Delilah your as f***ed up as Paula...

Wicked

Stop acknowledging Delilah, that's all she wants. Paula is a washed up, jacked up little friggin midget that dresses like a preschooler. I can't stand her. Sharon Osbourne would be such a better replacement. AI fire Paula now. She is not good TV.

george vieto

Paula Abdul life is being wacky it is more like Looney Tunes.

just me

yo delilah,put down the crack pipe no body is going to read all that crap,whats wrong with you?as for paula,what do you people really care,i don't really think shes done anything that bad and i wouldn'tn want them to replace her ,it wouldn't be the same,don't you think randy or cowell would complain,they seem fine with her.get over this ,i'm tired of hearing it.

just keeping it real

Hey Delilah, I bet you know FARRAH with both your stupid rants makes us all want to be on something listening to you two.......................................

Roni

2 words....WHO CARES!

I HATE IDOL

LOOK LETS FACE IDOL IS A GREAT SHOW,JUST HAS THE WRONG PEOPLE JUDGING..THE HOST IS THE ONLY KOOL GUY ON THE SHOW..RANDY JACKSON HASNT HAD A HIT IN YEARS AND HASNT PRODUCED A HIT..MAYBE HE NEEDS TO JOIN JOURNEY OR STEVE PERRY AGAIN!!!!PAULA IS THE SAM..SHE HASNT DID A DAMN THING EITHER..DONT KNOW WH THE FUSS IS OVER A MOVIE ABOUT HER.."NOBODY CARES"WE ALL KNOW SHE WAS BORN,JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A HIT SONG AT A TIME MADONNA WAS TAKING TIME OFF...LOL
SIMON IS A IDIOT..THERES NO REASON TO HURT PEOPLES FEELINGS THE WAY HE DOES..YOU CAN BE MEAN WITHOUT HURTING PEOPLES FEELINGS..THE PRODUCERS OF THIS SHOW SHOULD BE SHOT FOR CRAP AND KILLED FOR STINKIN' LETS FACE IT THERS BEEN TALENTED PEOPLE TRYOUT AND NOT GO TO HOLLYWOOD AND PEOPLE THAT CANT HARDLY SPELL HOLLYWOOD GET THE CHANCE..ITS CRAZY..WATCHA REAL SHOW LIKE "THE ULTMATE FUGHTER" DO YOU THINK RANDY AND SIMON COULD WIN THAT....ALL I'M SAYING IS HOW CAN YOU JUDGE TALENT,WHEN YOU DONT HAVE ANY TO BEGIN WITH.....

COOTER

I am going to a funeral today for a woman 40
I won't tell you how she died but Paula could end up that way.
WHAT A WASTE!!!!

MY OH MY!!

HUH, Delilah! BRA-YMCA?? As a homeschool parent, I am lost on this! You have lost the issue here. Where were you supposed to be typing this?

And as for Paula.
You may own your own life, but it's in the public eye. So in essence the public owns part of you and your aren't making yourself endeared to them with crazy antics. You are going on 50 years old, if not there already, and it's time to hang up the outrageous teenage act, or are you going through a mid-life crisis? But, sincerely, Paula what is it that makes you so screwed up?

debbie

I Wish people would just leave her alone...she is what makes that show..without paula i would not watch it...nobody is perfect.and i don't expect her to be either...so people chill out

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments