"Hey Paula" -- You Stole My Show!

2/6/2007 6:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulTMZ has obtained a lawsuit filed against Paula Abdul by a production company claiming the "Idol" judge tried to screw them out of a show based on Paula's life.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Pilgrim Films and Television (PFTV) met with Abdul and David Russo (her producing partner) in 2004 and discussed a talk show featuring Abdul. According to the suit, after some false starts, the concept evolved into a reality show titled "Hey Paula," based on Abdul's wacky life.

The lawsuit alleges that the project fell apart after Abdul demanded final editorial control over the final product. The suit claims PFTV was trying to get the show back on track by selling it to Oxygen. But PFTV claims Abdul allegedly came clean and told the peeps at PFTV that "she had secretly taken PFTV's 'Hey Paula' project ... to Bravo." The suit claims she never mentioned that Russo was allegedly in on it. On January 12, Bravo announced "Hey Paula" will debut sometime this year on the cable network.

The suit asks for compensatory and punitive damages, in addition to an injunction prohibiting anyone from airing "Hey Paula."

David Russo's lawyer, Bill Abrams, told TMZ, "The allegations are baseless."

Paula told TMZ, "While I'm not going to respond to this baseless lawsuit, I will say that "Hey Paula" is based upon my life and my ideas. Last I heard, I still own my own life."

MY OH MY!!

I like Roni!

bill

I WANT SOME OF THAT GOOD STUFF SHE IS DOING

rudewaitress

Paula who........................???????

Jeff

I think Paula should be able to put her own show on,if it's about her actual life and not a made up one! even if she is a drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith

Would someone get Delilah another soapbox? What the Hell is all that crap got to do with Paula?

Mike I

A Paula show? I would rather watch static on my TV

Paul

Talk about somebody with a semblence of talent please and bot a retard!

Stacy

I'd like to see any of you work the long hours she has to work with all the health problems she has. Many of you must be teenagers or younger because if you are an adult you should be ashamed of yourselves. Maybe she needs some help maybe she doesn't, but you shouldn't kick people when they are down and you have no clue what they are going through. Hopefully none of you have to go through major health problems. She has alot of heart which is what most of you are lacking. I dare someone to jump on this bandwagon instead of all the negativity.

Lee

KATHERINE MCPHEE SUCKS! SHE PROVED IT THIS WEEK ON EVERY TALK SHOW SHE WAS ON. SHE CANNOT PERFORM, AND IF THEY DIDN'T CONSTANTLY SHOW PHOTO SHOOTS OF HER POSING PROVOCATIVELY, SHE WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING GOING FOR HER. THIS IS NOT JEALOUSY, IT'S A FACT. THEY ARE PROMOTING HER BECAUSE SHE PHOTOGRAPHS WELL. WITHOUT ALL THE MAKEUP AND AIRBRUSHING, SHE'S JUST CUTE AT BEST. TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AND YOU WILL SEE. TAYLOR HICKS WON, NOT SO MUCH BECAUSE OF VOICE, BUT BECAUSE HE CAN ENTERTAIN WITH THE BEST OF THEM, WITHOUT ALL THE BACKGROUND VOCALS AND TECHNICAL NONSENSE THEY EDIT IN WHEN RECORDING SOMEONE. HE A NATURAL TALENT AND PERFORMER. IF YOU WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED BY A SINGER, SEE HIM, IF YOU WANT ANYTHING ELSE BUT, SEE KATHERINE MCPHEE. YOUR LOSS!

Marlene Gaskill

I assume no one posting on this site heard Paula Abdul state unequivocally that she had NEVER been drunk in her life. As far as I have heard, no one who knows her, and I am sure there are hundreds who have partied with her over the years, has disputed it. She has an amazing talent and does not deserve the lies that are being propagated.

Henry Ward

Dated: 07 February 2007: More established irrefutable and undeniable proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the men in this country wish to maintain a monopoly over Big Business and Intellectual Brains that Paula definitely possessess in spades! Beautiful and intelligent women in this country like Paula Abdul makes these narrow shouldered bald headed goofburgers appear just what they are, brainless idiots! I for one applaud this very beautiful and amazingly intelligent woman who has more guts and brains than do most so termed businessmen now here in Ameria! Go Paula...Star Reporter for CJO News Media International at (561) 848-9998.......

Henry Ward

Grace

Paula is just whacked out on drugs, and needs to straighten up. She act's like an idiot. I used to like her year's ago, but they say change can be good, but not for you Paula, sorry !!

Paul

Delilah...................must have missed snack time, huh!

Michelle

I hope you people know that whenever someone points at someone else's insecurities yours are multipliedd by 2. If one of your friends was suffering from depression or any other mental health issue you wouldn't rant and rave about..you'd try to help them. Just b/c Paula has health issues and deals with them in the wrong way doesn't mean you can talk smack about her. Why dont yall go on American Idol and tell her this to her face? In my experience of watching and listening to her she's a damn good performer.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments