Police: No Illegal Drugs Found in Anna's Room

2/9/2007 5:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Only prescription -- and not illegal drugs -- were found during an investigation of Anna Nicole Smith's room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel, this according to Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger.

At a press conference outside the Broward County Medical Examiner's office, Tiger revealed that "No evidence has been revealed to suggest that a crime has occurred," and that sworn statements were taken from everyone involved.

While authorities were unable to identify an official cause of death, Broward County Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Joshua Perper suggested that the death might be due to either natural causes, medication, or a combination of natural causes and medication.

Perper was able to rule out several speculated causes of death, such as blunt force trauma, gunshot wounds or asphyxia, meaning she did not suffocate to death on her own vomit.

Perper revealed that a small amount of blood was found in Anna's stomach, which he says is a result of the terminal shock Smith experienced before she died. He also said that no pills or tablets were found in her stomach.

Perper also acknowledged the need for Anna's DNA (due to the ongoing paternity dispute) and said a "large sample" was taken.

According to Perper, an official cause of death would be determined in 3 to 5 weeks.

Nita

Even in her death she is hounded, made fun of and talked about horribly. My heart goes out to every one of her friends and her little girl. I am am fan of Anna Nicole and she will be missed.

laura

too coincidental, i believe. I feel bad for her and her family.

blah

BTW, its not Seminole, Florida...its Hollywood, Florida and the Seminole Police Dept located on the Seminole Indian Reservation in Hollywood, Florida.

TT

This is a sad situation. I feel sorry for all involved, especially the innocent baby girl. No mom, no brother, and no father (as of right now). I just hope all the interviews from her family (mom) don't give them their 15 minutes of fame. Maybe for once ANS will have peace.

Sasha

I think there is the possibility of things being flushed. One of her friends could have had an illegal drug for "themself" and it wasn't Anna's. You'd have to flush it of course because you can be sure the cops wouldn't forget to charge you, even with a death investigation and all that chaos going on around them.

Jill

LOVED Dr. Perper. If anyone can keep this thing on track, it's him.

jljgelsjgiej

I was mesmerized by the medical examiner's head. He had this huge mass that seemed to protrude from the left side of his head... WTF was that?? That made me nervous!

tara

Well i think she was murdered. Possible by stern!

Too weird.

Get Over Yourselves

I dunno! I don't think we'll ever hear of an official cause of death. She truly will go down like Marilyn Monroe. Shrouded in mystery as to whether or not she was murdered or committed suicide, etc. etc. Poor thing. She truly was a beautiful mess. At least now she won't have any pain anymore.

STACIE

i think she died of natural causes....possibly a brain anuerism? all that stress could have definetly played a part in it! whatever happened i hope they figure it out and get dannielynn away from HKS!!! too much of a coincidence of him being there when daniel died and now anna has died. They need to release where Howard was when this happened!!

Marty Columbus OHIO

I LOVE PARIS!

lworth

thats because she hid them in my matress.
of course there are no *illegal* drugs...she has so many scripts there is no drug left.

Whatever

I think HKS got rid of all the drugs in the room. I strongly believe he killed Anna and her son.

Sarah

Well, I really hope that Anna is at peace. I also hope that all you horrible disgusting people who used to torment her and made her a laughing stock understand the gravity of putting that kind of unnecessary hatred out into the world. I'm sure that her son dying and never being let alone are what did her in. God rest her soul.

michelish