Report: Anna Had Recent Surgery

2/11/2007 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Anna Nicole Smith with Danielynn tattooMSNBC's Rita Cosby reports that Anna Nicole may have had recent breast surgery to repair one of her implants.

Cosby also reports the former Playmate had also been prescribed over 10 different types of pain medication, and may have been taking excessive amounts because she developed a tolerance to the effects.

In addition, Cosby's sources tell her that Anna Nicole was found by a member of her staff -- unresponsive and nude in her bed, with a sheet pulled over her face.

Death from cosmetic plastic surgeries occurs in one out of 57,000 cases, per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Two million plastic surgeries were performed in the United States in 2005.

Adverse reactions to surgery could become serious; there are numerous documented cases of seizures, heart attacks and high fevers leading to death. Recent published research shows that inflammation caused by common respiratory and urinary tract infections like bronchitis, pneumonia and cystitis, may contribute to in increased risk of heart attack and stroke, and the greatest risk is in the earliest stages of infection.

If Anna did have a recent cosmetic procedure, and she exhibited "flu like symptoms" over the last few days, it's quite possible that the star died of a massive infection, perhaps complicated by an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

Stacy

LEAVE HOWARD K STERN ALONE!!!! Respect Anna Nicole in death, Lord knows no one gave her respect in her life. SHE choose to be with him. There are obviously reason she hated her own family. If that Mother of hers gets near that baby, I believe Anna Nicole would roll over in that morgue. Her Mother needs to show some respect because Anna HATED her. The whole thing is a disaster and I hope that people will leave her fiance HKS alone. Anna chose her life and now her family wants to choose her death. It's sickening!!!!

auto-erotic asphyxia

It was reported that she had scars but none that were recent.

hurl

Sher,

I certainly hope you aren't talking about Zsa Zsa Gabors husband. He isn't a real prince, it's just some bought title. He's a crazy old man who likes attention.

Anna Nicole had a decent relationship with her Mom and family until Howard K Stern came into the picture. I've seen videos of Anna with her family when Daniel was young. Anna's mom took care of Daniel alot when he was young. Around the same time Anna started started slurring her words, she started badmouthing her family.

Coincidence?

HKS is the one who should be ashamed of himself.

sue

TMZ enough.. Everything has been analyzed and talked about. Another story please

Lee

What Anna really needed was someone like Marilyn had in Joe DiMaggio. He truly tried to shelter her from those who would harm her. Anna's "friend" Howard seemed like a lapdog- I recall her speaking to him in such a demeaning way , on her reality show. Maybe , he thinks after all that abuse, he is justly entitled to any thing he can wheedle out of her estate? There are many who could gain from her estate-Howard is just the obvious first choice. The attorneys are probably the only ones who will really prosper from this tragedy...

mary schoolcraft

Rita is misinformed. Per the medical examiner - only five bottles of pills
were found in Nichol's bedroom of which all were prescribed by a Doctor.

adoregossip

Its strange that the sunglasses she is wearing in this picture look exactly like the ones Elvis was wearing in the last picture of him before he died. Weird...

Jill

Anna is the first star famous for nothing. Paris, Nicole, Kim watch out. I'd be surprised if any of them live as long as Anna Nicole before they OD.

Jill

Re: Plastic surgery. She was already found face down in the pool and has to be revived. Her OD death was just a matter of time. She's been out of it for years. American Music Awards, MTV, the recent ET, she was slurring her words, stoned.

Brit_ney Rulez

I really think we should reserve judgment for all involved before we start accusing different people in her life of destroying her -- whether we're talking about HKS or her mom. We just don't know anything, really, and there will be a lot of "he said, she said" games in the months to follow.

Let's face it -- the poor lady went through a lot in the last few months. I've always heard that a parent's worst nightmare is burying a child. Like many have said of her, she was a fragile person. Regardless of the outcome of the comprehensive, conclusive autopsy results, I think she was just devastated after her son's death and didn't care about herself anymore. He was her everything and no one could replace him.

RIP, Anna and Daniel.

Gwen

Anna had the last laugh on all of you POND SCUM. She is now with her beloved son, and you can say what you will but she is happy now. God bless you, Anna.

Star

I had breast implant surgery, my surgeon told me I can not be on any types of medication like pain killers that may cause bleeding during surgery like any type of painkillers. If she was taking painkillers while they performed the surgery of course there would be complications..
If she was sick after surgey, its an obvious complication and he doctor should have advised her to seek emergency medical treatment, maybe thats why the nurse was there.
Sounds like she was not taken care of and got bad medical care if this is true.

Star

Anna is one of the most famous Playboy Playmates of all time, those of you who say she did nothing are wrong, paris hilton did nothing as well as kim kardashian not anna. She came from poverty and made her dream of being a model true.

P.A.

As a medical field expert, Anna did have an infection/virus or she would NOT have had a fever. It may not or it may have been picked up in the autopsy as many ,many things may not be told to the public which is really none of the public's business. There is a medical privacy act clause-even in death. As far as Howard and or Anna's friends -- "you can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink". If Anna did not want help then NO ONE can make her. You have to be there to help the person as a true friend would with support. Howard apparently was there for many ,many years as were others. It is so strange that the photographer did not want to marry Anna when she told him she was pregnant before the Supreme court ruling. It is strange that her mother now travels to the Bahama's to see her grandbaby NOW -- why did she not do that earlier or try to make amends with Anna or go to Daniels funeral even in disguise. So many people wanted to be with Anna and did not want to be with Anna-- until after the Supreme court hearing. As for Zsa Zsa's husband -- I think he is full of BS - a liar at least. I hope it turns out to be Marshall's baby daughter and she gets the whole fortune. Howard has been with Anna through thick and thin which is not what others have done. I think the judge needs to place the baby with someone who will love it and care for it and allow only so much per year for the baby until she is 18 yrs. old. == let's say $50,000.00 per year at most and have an overseer make the person show proof of all spent money on a monthly basis. I think Gabor's husband and Anna's ex-boyfriend photographer would "WALK".
Anna-- rest in peace with Daniel.

Kikoke

I believe the pathologist stated in a news conference as well as on NG that there were no signs of recent surgery. NG asked many questions to dispel all the rumors being spread. Also, as far as being drug related, it is no secret that she had a substance abuse problem...I find it all very sad and infuriating as I, for one stated several times on these sites that SOMEONE needed to get her help and in rehab and/or detox ASAP and I DO believe HKS was/is the culprit/enabler that made sure she was oblivious to all around her to include her son in the morgue as her and HKS had that "ceremony." No mother in their right mind would of done that and I believe that is exactly what HKS banked on. He may have been her "lapdog" in the beginning, during her show etc. but that relationship changed dramatically as her addiction progressed in my opinion. I am pissed, sad, frustrated and downright disgusted that yet another tragedy has occured with the disease of addiction being center court. I am in recovery and am a substance abuse counselor and it just kills me that she was kept so isolated (in her addiction) I realize she was out and made public appearances as well as TV/ET interviews...but look at the condition she was in. HKS, you are quite a man indeed. As far a her mom, well any mom would not want to see their child "killing themselves" with drugs however that does not stop a parent from loving their child nonetheless. I isolated myself from my family and they did not want to see me in my addiction because it broke their heart. Now her half sister, that is another story and I feel JMO that it is about $$$$. As far a her mom just swooping in like some have said for the money...what money....except for what she already has or has made. Nothing has been decided re: the Marshall estate...and I know people do funny and horrible things for money, but I do not feel her mom is one of them...now HKS...let the evidence speak for itself as the truth will come out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments