Rosie: Anna Nicole Was "Balloon Without Tether"

2/12/2007 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comRosie O'Donnell and her cohorts on "The View" had their first chance to address the death of Anna Nicole Smith, and while they took pity on Anna Nicole herself, they showed little mercy for Howard K. Stern or the entertainment news shows that paid her for those slurred, difficult-to-watch interviews.

Rosie, for her part, inflamed some viewers by imitating Anna Nicole unfavorably on Thursday's show, which was taped just hours before Anna's death. Today, lamenting the starlet's death, Rosie compared Smith to a Macy's Thanksgiving parade balloon without anyone to hold it back. She charged that Howard K. Stern had an "addiction" problem as well.

Meanwhile, Rosie let fellow comedienne Margaret Cho express her thoughts on Smith's death, posting Cho's own blog posting about the matter on rosie.com. In it, Cho compared Smith to "ripe summer peaches hot from the sun, or rice pudding made from grains boiled for over a day on the stove," and called her "the most beautiful woman I had ever seen."

ninjarap

Why do we keep listening to this horrible woman?? And why do websites like this keep up with everything she says? She's an over opinionated sack of crap. I could have sworn she started her career as a comedian, but now she seems to think she is an authority on everything! You know, if we just ignore her, maybe she'll go away!! (one could only hope!)

Melissa

OMG Rosie your to damn much. The girl passed away, Donald was right about you, you are a fat pig, making remarks about someone who can't even defend herself. No matter what kind of controversy she brug in her life Anna was still human , I for one rosie question rather you are human...So in the words of DX to you rosie i say " SUCK IT!"

angelbunny17

Ugh. She is so annoying. Why does she feel the need to even make a comment. She is the one thats a balloon- full of hot air. I wish someone would deflate her and shut her up.

tammy

Obviously some of you misunderstood Rosie's comment!! I prsonally do not care for Rosie, but she was right in saying no one was truely there for Anna to help her.

charlotte

Rosie is correct. When you don't have anyone that truly loves you, you can go crazy. Rosie was comparing that to Anna not being tethered down and self medicating herself with drugs. It doesn't have to be drugs; it can be an addiction to anything.

Lying about the bible...wow...pretty low

She wasn't calling anyone a balloon or referring to weight. Rosie was simply saying that someone needed to help ANS out and be her ANCHOR (tether)!!!! The shows and the people that paid ANS to come on shows with obvious intoxication issues should be help responsible.

Bella

Rosie is only saying what people are thinking. Good on her. People will hear what they only want to hear. The same was thought about Howard Stern on his radio show before everyone got how smart he actually was as well. Rosie is easy to pick on since she is what so many people fear...gay, overweight, woman. She says what people only think of and she says it loud. Good on her.

Miapocca

# 3 Ditto...SHe is a trainwreck herself addicted not only to her loud trash opnions but pushing it on others as the gospel truth...enough already just go AWAY ......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h8er#1

WHy the Hell didn't they discuss this Firday when it was all over the nesw? They had that BORING theater guest on and completely ignored the ANS story in their discussion, certainly due to the ironic fact that ROsie had been making fun of ANS the day before. Barbara's call I'm sure. F*ck you Rosie and all of you VIEW b*ttches!

Chris

Who cares what Rosie thinks? I mean, really. She is nothing but a loudmouthed comedian. She needs to shut up.

Dark Knight

So Rosie bashes Donald for being the "moral police" but we're supposed to accept her in that same role? No thanks.

Holly

h8er#1- the VIew is NOT live on Friday's...it's taped.

Paul Kline

This is what Margaret Cho had to say, and I totally agree with her. She's always been one of my fave comedians. There is so much truth in it.

2/9/07
R.I.P. Anna Nicole Smith
I am very sad to hear of Anna Nicole Smith's death. She's about my age, and I used to see her around, back in the day when I used to see people around. I didn't know her well, but I always thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. So pale and blonde, with this incredible soft serve ice cream vulnerability, like ripe summer peaches hot from the sun, or rice pudding made from grains boiled for over a day on the stove; Anna Nicole Smith was the goddess of all things that are sweet and enveloping.

I hope that she is happy now, where she is. It is easy to picture her there, riding the clouds, her young son at her side, a million miles above the paparazzi and the tabloids, the gossip columns and the lawsuits and Bobby Trendy and Trimspa and the rest. I hope she feels thin, and nothing is bugging her, and that she doesn't have any more doubts or worries. Only puppies and kisses and love. Because she deserves that.

Patty

I'm so tired of people making saints out of people who die. Just because they die, it doesn't change what they've already done on earth, quit building pedestals for people who don't deserve it. Anna was an emotional trainwreck, completely drug addled. Howard was a YES man who knows he's not the father of this child, and he's keeping her because since 1994 Anna has been his only income. Now he's gonna make a few bucks off the kid. He NEEDS to be investigated as a murderer, one who was oddly present at both the death of Anna and Anna's son.

Jim

Why does anyone even listen to or watch this fat no talent piece of crap. She is an embarrasment to herself and too ignorant to realize it.