Rosie: Anna Nicole Was "Balloon Without Tether"

2/12/2007 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comRosie O'Donnell and her cohorts on "The View" had their first chance to address the death of Anna Nicole Smith, and while they took pity on Anna Nicole herself, they showed little mercy for Howard K. Stern or the entertainment news shows that paid her for those slurred, difficult-to-watch interviews.

Rosie, for her part, inflamed some viewers by imitating Anna Nicole unfavorably on Thursday's show, which was taped just hours before Anna's death. Today, lamenting the starlet's death, Rosie compared Smith to a Macy's Thanksgiving parade balloon without anyone to hold it back. She charged that Howard K. Stern had an "addiction" problem as well.

Meanwhile, Rosie let fellow comedienne Margaret Cho express her thoughts on Smith's death, posting Cho's own blog posting about the matter on rosie.com. In it, Cho compared Smith to "ripe summer peaches hot from the sun, or rice pudding made from grains boiled for over a day on the stove," and called her "the most beautiful woman I had ever seen."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

mel

Rosie...you are a fat dumb bitch. Donald Trump is now my hero for speaking the truth about you...LOSER! The day you become perfect is the day when maybe people will listen to you.

shirley

Farrah...you are a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

what the hell is wrong with you people ?? Rosie was not saying anything bad about Anna. You all opened your mouth with out realy getting it . Nobody here thinks she was out of control . "Anna" realy come one people get it !!

k lay

I THINK THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO ANNA WAS TRAGIC FOR HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND I FEEL THAT PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD CAN BE VICIOUS AND OPIONATED WHEN THEY SHOULD LEARN TO BE SILENT I HATED TO SEE WHAT SHE WAS GOING THRU IN REGARDS TO HER SON BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THAT TOURURE IS LIKE UNTIL THEY HAVE WALKED IN HER SHOES AS HAVE I I ONLY WHISH THAT THEY COULD ONCE AND FOR ALL SETTLE THINGS FOR HER BABYS SAKE AND LET HER REST IN PEACE

Darlen

Rosie I am a loyal fan of yours, I love you and always will, but I am also a fan of Anna Nicole so you have to shut up on this one...as far as having baloons most of your friends have them too so don't be so nasty. Even Barbara had a face lift so let's not get into all of this stuff...

Suellen

Say what you will about Rosie but she is the most informed and brightest one on The View - if she left, I would never watch it. The others are better than sleepeze - especially that annoying Elizabeth cutesy pie, know it all -

Tracy

you know what?...........................you either like rosie or you don't. she is saying what she feels and thinks. and thats bad? come on people, you guys that are trash talking her need to grow up or maybe apply for a spot on the view cause you guys are very opinionated yourself. and aint that what the view is, 4 woman expressing their personal opinion. my personal opinion. I LIKE ROSIE AND AGREE WITH HER 90% OF THE TIME, ITS ELISABETH I DONT AGREE WITH, I THINK

VERONICA OTANI

Rosie, is just voicing her opinion, so what? everyone does it . You know what she said was
true.Everyone who watched Anna Nicole, knew she had to be doped up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7