Birkhead's Ticket to Paternity

2/13/2007 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a traffic ticket Larry Birkhead got while Anna Nicole Smith was pregnant, and it could be powerful proof that he's the daddy.

"I got a call from my pregnant wife, she's sick."

Rewind to April 15, 2006. Sources tell TMZ a pregnant Anna had just gotten into a fight with Howard K. Stern, who was expressing extreme jealousy over the fact that Birkhead was the father of the baby. Sources say Stern gave Anna an ultimatum -- him or me.

We're told an extremely emotional Anna, who was barefoot and four months pregnant, called Birkhead and asked him to meet her in the parking lot of the Sportsmen's Lodge in Studio City, Calif. near her house. A concerned Birkhead jumped in his car and sped over, only to be stopped by a Burbank cop.

The officer who issued the speeding ticket quoted Birkhead -- "I got a call from my pregnant wife, she's sick."

The ticket is significant because Birkhead's statement was a spontaneous reaction to the event and not in the context of a paternity battle. Debra Opri, Birkhead's lawyer, tells TMZ Birkhead referred to Anna as his "girlfriend" but the cop wrote "wife."

Jackie

I don't understand how that makes it significant. He probably ALWAYS thought he was the father. And so do I.

Supa WhiteGurl

YOU'RE SO BUSTED -- HOWARD K. STERN

ANNA WASN'T YOUR WIFE NOR YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND NOW SHE'S NOT EVEN YOUR FRIEND.

HOWARD ONCE THE DNA COMES BACK YOU'LL BE USELESS TO EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY YOURSELF.

HOWARD GO ROOMMATE WITH THE OTHER GUY WHO KILLED 2 PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU -- OJ

Peace

Yeah! Now maybe Larry can get the tests that he needs to get his child out of the "care" of a man who has had two adults die under his wing. How many people out there would want Howard as their babysitter?!

Kat

Well, we at least know for sure that Howard K. (for "Killer") Stern is NOT the father and it's most likely Larry.

By the way, Ms. Anna was all but broke and there is no money really to speak off -- she was quite literally living from paycheck to paycheck at the time of her death. All that these clowns are going to get out of this paternity battle is a baby.

Team Birkhead

I really hope and pray larry get's his baby daughter soon. I have been following this story and anyone can see how sincere he is.. Larry, Hang in there God will bless you with your baby girl and I hope you can help her to have a happy life with all she has gone through.

Lee

How many times have people said the same type (I have an emergency, the school called, my child is ill etc..) of crap in order to get out of a ticket? Not proof of paternity as far as I am concerned.

phyllis

How does that prove hes the father..

A

Larry is sooooo cute. I want to be Dannilynn's nurse and f*ck Larry between changings

richard

Well Anna wasn't his wife, so what makes this so compelling??? HE LIED TO THE COP TO GET OF OUT A TRAFFIC TICKET. Doesn't look like much proof to me.

Just shows me hes a liar.

Supa WhiteGurl

1) Howard you're going to jail.

2) Larry will positively be identified as the father

3) Howard will get strung out on meth

4) Dannilynn will have a happy and productive life

4) Howard K. Stern will committ suicide

5) KARMA'S A BITCH - BUT REAL

kat

I just hope Debra Opri pushes this very quickly thru the court system before Howard T. Stern really loses it and does something even more drastic than he has already participated in. I totally believe that Larry Birkhead is the Father and from the way he presents himself would make a wonderful Father to Dannilynn. Howard T. Stern belongs in jail!!!!!!!!

michelle

I feel in my heart that Larry is the father. Anna kept saying she would let the baby take a paternity test, but never did after 5 months. Anna said it was because she didnt want to be forced to do it. BULL!!! She knew the baby was not Sterns. That fake ceremony on the ship was for publicity only and to make people think they were committed. Stern is a weasel. I dont trust him. He didnt even help Anna who was clearly an addict. If he loved her, why didnt he help her? He was there when Daniel died and there when Anna died..Hmmmm

pete

Proof enough for me! He wins the baby!!

Candiesue

Ok if this was true then tell me why did he lie to the officer. She was not sick ,and not his wife. Why are we to belive it is his baby and this is proof ????????
With lies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Come one people open your eyes. Dont let them spin you to what they want you to think and say. Read it is right in front of your eyes.

PROOF THAT HE LIED TO THE OFFICER NOTING MORE !!!!!!!!

just a girl

How does saying something just make it true. If he and Anna were together then, he would obviously think the child was his.