The Doctor Who Scored Methadone for Anna Nicole

2/14/2007 7:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Sandeep Kapoor was by Anna Nicole's side when she participated in West Hollywood's Gay Pride Parade back in 2005. He also prescribed methadone when Smith was eight months pregnant.

TMZ obtained documents which show that on August 25, 2006, just 13 days before Smith gave birth, Dr. Kapoor wrote a prescription for methadone. The prescription, RX#2846735, was written for Michelle Chase. TMZ has learned that Michelle Chase was an alias Anna Nicole used. Under California law, it's illegal to prescribe a controlled substance to a false name.

That same day, Key Pharmacy in the San Fernando Valley filled the prescription and sent it to "Vicky Marshall" (sic) in the Bahamas. Vickie Marshall is Anna Nicole's legal name.

TMZ contacted Dr. Kapoor, a 1996 graduate of Boston University School of Medicine, who said, "No comment."

TMZ also contacted Key Pharmacy. The owner said patient privacy laws prevent him from commenting.
View The Docs: Click hereAnna Nicole Gallery: Click to launch gallery

asdfasdfasdf

Susan's right, you idiots screaming about ANS using methadone while pregnant haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Methadone is MEDICINE which helps people addicted to heroin get off of it, and if a woman who is using heroin or other opiates finds out she's pregnant, they give her methadone so that she doesn't lose the baby during withdrawal. that's what it's for. It is NOT a recreational drug. Methadone does not make people high, and if used and administered correctly can save people's lives. It possibly saved Dannielynn's life for all we know, but too many people want to believe the worst so they ignore the reality of it. And no, I'm not a former heroin addict trying to defend its use--but I do work in the field of addiction recovery and know a lot more about it that apparently a lot of you people do.

Paul

They ought to arrest this doctor and ship him back to India or Pakistan or wherever he came from. He's just like Dr. Nick who got Elvis any drug he wanted. They both really should be in prison.

got2no

Get it over with please

1.. Paternity test for everyone claiming to be daddy.
2..The daddy claims body and does what ever he pleases with it .....hell he could even have her stuffed with a recording of her saying "Trimspa Baby"
3.. Baby Dannylyn has trust fund that can't be touched until the age 21....... NO EXCEPTIONS!!
4..HKS goes to the streets to find his next vicim to sponge from (God knows he can't stand on his own)
THE END!!!!!!

Lorraine Tyler Beach

This woman lost her only son,as a mother I cannot judge whatever a person does who has lost a child. Whatever it takes to get you thru the night and the the days of awful grief as long as she didn't hurt the babvy in any way but she seemed to be a great mother to her son and he clearly adored her, not easy to do with a teenage son but she had a hand in the person he turned out to be which seemed to be an awesome kid. Let her rest in peace now but it won't happen. The sad death of a son and a mother is "news" L.T.B

Diego Chick

Im sure kapur will get in trouble of some sorts... but she didnt die of a metodone overdose.

Posted at 12:02PM on Feb 15th 2007 by Sandy

*Sandy, What do you think will be determined as the cause of death? I mean no disrespect, but I'd like know: If it was you in the photo, why do you spell the doctor's name differently?

Everybody is going crazy here. What is Stern's motive? he gets a legal fee from the estate anyway and even if its 10 % and I have never heard of any lawyer settling a huge case like this for 10%, he is entitled to a huge chunk of money and does not need to hijack someone else's baby.

Posted at 1:34PM on Feb 15th 2007 by Susan Harris

* Susan, you're kidding, right? Please tell me that was intended to be brainless humor.

Elizabeth Grogan

Rest your necks she chose her life style from years back not just as of sept 2006 !! The bible says as you live so shall you die something to think about.And your sins will find you out think she could not stand all the preassure from her son dying, new baby i do think she would want to be by his side as their final resting place and her ole crazy looking so called mom and i had a hard life devil of a step dad and mother who let it go on so i know the feeling she would have toward her so called mom.ZIT !! as with mine her mother never told her who her real dad was because she did not know her self why come forth now HUMMM $$$$.will talk ever time.Root of all evil $$$.None of the so called men would think of coming forth if not for the $$$ shame what a dollar will buy today.Bury the woman for god sake let her finally rest in peace be

Margaret Carlton

Maybe this board only survives when it is whipping the crowd into a frenzy but I wrote earlier and I will repeat, since you didn't see fit to print my comment. Dr. Kapoor is a good doctor. If he got involved it was to try and help that poor woman. He is not one of those "celebrity" doctors who pass out prescriptions. It is unfair that uninformed and bigoted comments rage all around him. He is a good and caring doctor.

Margaret Carlton

Mary P.

BTW, I DIDN'T KNOW THEY LET MENTAL PATIENTS HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET. THEY NEED TO TAKE THE COMPUTER AWAY FROM YOU. YOUR A NUTCASE. ANS WAS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, AND YOU'RE SO JEALOUS CAUSE SHE IS GETTING ALL THE ATTENTION. GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM AT THE NUTHOUSE. YOUR TOO CRAZY TO BE ON A COMPUTER ANYWAY.

Posted at 11:31AM on Feb 15th 2007 by SHELL""""

Everywhere you look? I've only been in Anna Nicole stories on this site. You must only be here too.

You're an idiot if you think she was beautiful and I'm sorry that's your perception of beauty. Looking doped out half the time and stitched and stuffed more than a turkey, but the ugliest factor is all the lying and using of other people.

BTW, you do realize you look a bit nuttier than me, going off on a random person in a blog yourself right? Especially all in CAPS!!!

I won't claim to have anything taken from you, you've already lost your sanity, but for god's sakes, find your capslock key.

So tell me... what makes me jealous? The fact that Anna's behavior from the woman down the street would have caused her children to be taken away and to be branded by those she knows? The fact that Anna got more plastic surgery than any 1 doctor has performed in the last 10 years? The fact that she used people and spit them out?

Oh, I know what it is... I'm jealous of a glorified OD death. I can *hardly wait* to die just like Anna!!! /sarcasm

All that ranting off saying this:
""""223. First comment is:

I wonder why no one has though, while they blame the Thompson family, that it's possible they gave the material to police and there's a crooked cop selling this info off. This looks like scanned in evidence files now that I look at it a bit more.

Second comment is:
I thought - not sure - that pharmacies couldn't mail scrips unless having the patient visit in person at least once and/or having an ID on file for mailed scrips. In the exact case to verify identity and mailing information and such.

I mean, if it's true that anyone could get scrips and have them mailed anywhere in the world, that's quite a legal loophole for narcotics.

Posted at 11:12AM on Feb 15th 2007 by Mary P."""

Both totally plausible situations and valid scenarios. Maybe you can't handle a touch of reality... oh that's right, you probably watched Anna's show and thought that was reality.

mikel

Oh NO !!!!! First it was Danny boy (Dolophine over dose) and poor mommy who could not stand the pain came a lil bit later.Poor lil lost girl. The stupid bitch seemed not to care too much about her lil girl though,Now lil Dannylynn is going to have to grow up the same way that mommy did.Well maybe a little bit worse.If all this DNA doesen't get worked out she may never know who her real daddy is.
Lisa where did you ever get any thing that said Dolophine a/k/a Methadone helps stem the tide of HIV infection?Methadone has NOTHING to do with that. what so ever. Also Dolophine Is the most addictive of all the opiates.It stays in your system for anywhere from 52 hrs. to 72 hrs.That is why so many people OD from it...Say the Heroin user has to get off every 4 -5 hours if you try that with Methadone you are dead like dan & ANS.I know these facts to be true for I am a Methadone counselor at a clinic where we dispence only Dolophine in a syrup (Methadose).a lil history n Methadone.If injected under the skin it has about the same potency as heroin and 1/2 that of heroin.BUT in the suppression of opiate withdrawl sysptoms,Methadone is about twice as potent as heroin and 4x more potent as morphine.It is also much more effective when given orally and lasts 3-4 times longer.

meredith

Anna probably had the drug prescribed for her use AFTER she delivered. Pain clinics/doctors prescribe it for people who are so limited by pain they cannot work or care for their families otherwise--usually people who have been in car accidents, etc. Anna had a drug problem and Howard was co-dependent. so he looks bad, but I think he genuinely cared for her--just check any video of them and how he looks at her. I think he will be vindicated eventually. But is it just me, or does the BABY LOOK LIKE ZSA ZSA'S HUSBAND THE MOST? It's uncanny

got2no

250. """224. MARY P- EVERYWHERE I READ THERE IS YOUR NAME. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE MAJORITY OF THIS BOARD, YOU'RE A VERY JEALOUS WOMAN. BLOG ALL YOU WANT, EVERYBODY THINKS YOUR A NUT ANYWAY.

Posted at 11:31AM on Feb 15th 2007 by SHELL""""

Speak for yourself SHELL>>>everyone is entitled to their opinion and something has struck a nerve with you when it comes to Mary P, jealousy?? Give me a break........if you can't play nice and stop the insults then maybe you should find another playground. I frankly agree with Mary and I think you should take your meds and calm down..............................

Debbie

She asked for everything that has happened to her. She didn't do a good job with her son or he would still be here. The poor kid. And thank God she won't be here for her daughter. Maybe the kids will have a fighting chance of coming out of this and be able to hold her head up high. Stern let that baby go you know and we all know you are in it only for the money. YOU MAKE ME SICK.

Sherry

Maybe he was screwing her, too. He could be the next to claim being her "baby daddy". She was a drug-addicted, publicity whore. Sad that she left an innocent baby behind and lucky for the baby that she won't be raising her in her footsteps.

tam

As much as Anna loved the lime lite, how come there are no pictures of her pregnant? Wouldn't you think she would want to show that off? And why did she wait 20 years with no baby to suddenly become pregnant? There are so many questions that will probably never be answered, this will go on for years!

tam

As much as Anna loved the lime lite why was there no pictures or media around when she was pregnant, this should have been the happiest time of her life! And why after 20 years did she all the sudden decide to have a baby while going through all the crap she was going through? I think we will never know what she was thinking! May she rest in peace and God bless that baby!