Britney

Checks Into Rehab

Out a Day Later

2/16/2007 5:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0216_brit_details-1TMZ has learned that while Britney Spears checked-in to rehab, she refused to stay and checked out -- less than twenty-four hours later!

As "EXTRA" first reported, the pop star entered a rehab facility two days ago. Now TMZ has learned that the center was located outside of the country, and she refused to stay. PEOPLE confirms that Brit was at Eric Clapton's Crossroads rehab facility in Antigua.

TMZ is told that Britney checked in at the urging of riends and family, after being seen intoxicated in public places and was so "exhausted" on New Year's Eve she collapsed.

Britney spearsAccording to TMZ sources, Britney is on her way back to Los Angeles.

A rep for Britney could not immediately be reached for comment.

mnchick

This should surprise no one.

merks

two words brit. "methadone overdose" try it and the rest would love it.

DEB

Looks Like Brittney is going to be the next Anna Nicole. She's headed down the same road, lets just hope KFed is really the father of her kids. I don't think the world can handle another Anna Nicole Soap Opera !!

Get Some Help Girl Before It's TOO LATE!!

WTF

I was hoping she was dead and that's why no recent pictures.

DVDINORL

Britney is the new Whitney.

Haters

#56 How can you wish death for anyone? Are you, yourself suicidal? Do you hate yourself?

Kate

Something is wrong with this chic...I think being married to Kevin Federline all this time made her a bit wacko...I think she's doing all of this for attention from a special old flame maybe...She need to wake up and and be a grown up. She's acting like a drunk teenager. Grow up and be an adult Britney

Ha Ha

Britney needs to learn about The Secret.

Cyndy

If this continues the next death maybe hers.
Where is her mom Lynn in all of this ? Hopefully taking care of the boys Miss Spears PLEASE GET HELP

cooky

Britaney please get help Just look what happen to ANS you ar eon the same path.... Please do not let that happen ... for the love of you two sweet babies. Her parents need to step in and knock her head off... NOWWWWWWWWW before she turns up like another not so luck blonde....

A Mother of 2

Please. Her MOM pimped her out for the cash. She's a pig as well. Skankney probably bolted when they told her she had to wash her hair and shower.

RD

I feel sorry for her offspring!

But heyy if she wants to self distruck. Let her. Who the hell cares?

Wendi

I have a little boy whom I love dearly and would give my life for. I agree that sometimes I do need a little "me" time, but this is ridiculous! How can you be a mother and do the things she is doing?! Everything she does is impacting those precious babies...I feel so sorry for them that they don't have a mommy to look up to.

Debbie

I hope she goes back, I hope she will get to a point of knowing that there is help and that she has to do it for herself, not the press, not her friends or family. She just may not be ready, but I hope it's soon.

There is hope. Addiction for women NOT in the press is such a private hell, hers is public. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

When your ready Britney, the help is there!
Women stories of addiction, recovery and hope!

Brit sucks

If she lives through this, she'll go to rehab and make comeback album about how she's changed and then not tour because she needs to tend to her boys. The best thing to happen is for her to kill herself like ANS. Then the children won't suffer as much