Methadone Babies -- Not "Sexy"

2/19/2007 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

When it comes to Dannielynn's weight, Anna Nicole might still get her wish ... and it doesn't involved a lo-cal baby formula.

TMZ contacted a medical professional at celeb-friendly Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, who informed us that long-term effects on a child born to a mother on methadone include slowed growth; meaning Dannielynn could have a lower weight and smaller size than un-methed tots.

Anna Nicole: click to launchOther side effects may include both impaired behavioral development and organizational abilities. Short-term effects the baby might experience in the first year are involuntary muscle spasms, irritability, high pitched crying, diarrhea, disturbed sleep and inconsistent breathing patterns.

If the baby is a little off, it will be difficult to say what is attributable to methadone ... and what part to genetics.

Yeah, you ARE nuts!

Cremate Anna, give half the ashes to her mother and give her a reality show where she walks around with her half of the ashes in an urn and makes jokes and talks to the urn and says:here Anna I will set you on top of the TV so you can watch me sleep. Tee Hee Hee.

Karma Baby!

Linda

If she did SHAME on her and anyone who helped ...
If she did not SHAME on us for picking on somone whos dead and not able to defend herself ...

Far as i've seen that baby is heathy .. happy .... but is in for a very hard road no matter if her mother did drugs or not ....

She has people fighting over her like shes livestock .... This is a beautfull baby who just needs love .. and we all point and look and dig and try to find as much dirt on her mother as we can and it's just not right !!!!!!!!!

This woman died after her son died .... and maybe had the thought Larry Shi*head would try to take the child away from her to and she would have lost to her EVEYTHING she loved the most ....
Maybe she died because her heart was broken ????

I don't think people should be talked about soo much and in such a bad light after they are dead and can't defend there actions ... .....

I hope she is in heaven or at least at peace and with her son ...... and I pray that her daughter will be safe..and TRULY loved ... not loved for her money ....

CrazyMofos

lol baby tranquilizers #26??? what???

Christie

You are all a punch of piss heads. Leave the poor woman rest in peace & as far as how tiny the baby is doesn't mean anything. I have a 8 year old that weighed 5lbs when she was born and only weighed 18 lbs @ 2 years old. There is nothing wrong with her and I never did any drugs till I was twenty eight & all that was is pot. Nobody actually knows if she was takeing anything. while she was pregnant or when she died. As far as Danny he was 20 years old he knew the difference between right & wrong he chose wrong & unfortunately he died for it.

madison

involuntary muscle spasms, irritability, high pitched crying, diarrhea, disturbed sleep and inconsistent breathing patterns......its called "WITHDRAWAL"

TJ

Mother Mary..are you the lady who locked up her kids in cages? You sound like a real wacko straight from the psycho ward lol. Either you don't have children (hopefully!) or if you do we pity them! It also might help to go to school and learn basic English. There is no place you can go, however, to learn manners, class and common sense. What a pathetic person you are.

the wise old owl

Bombini........it was HKS that gave the methadone to Daniel in his food after he came back from his so called " food run "....( yeah right, it was more like a " drug run " ) He did not sip it from Anna's drink. He also had other drugs in his system too. Let's not forget that. HKS made sure he plied his intake substancially so it would be " fail proof "

Daniel knew that HKS planned on commiting fraud on that birth certificate and was ready to expose him. No way in hell was he going to go along with that plan. He was there to wittness him trying to prusuade Ben Thompson to say he was the father. Daniel liked Larry Birkhead and couldn't stand HKS. HKS needed him out of the picture.....QUICK. ( before he foiled all his plans ) WIth Daniel gone , the only one left in Anna's life with any inflluence was himself.

He watched with his " bugged out , devious EYES " ...... while Daniel ate his last meal. Then when Daniel said " why am I so tired " HKS knew his lethal cocktail was working . He turned around in his bed , laid there pretending to be " asleep " while Daniel slowly died " Then when Daniel sensed his demise he instinctually climbed into bed with his mother to "DIE". The only safe place he had ever known. This man is beyond " sinister "

Remember that HKS said that he offered Daniel his bed..........but Daniel said " I'm not tired. I will sit in this chair and watch TV. Yet the next words out of his mouth after eating the food that HKS brought in was " I'm so tired ........why am I so tired ? " You can't have it both ways. This was an admission of his guilt as far as I am concerned. It's all there on the Larry King Live transcripts.

HKS knew damn well why he was tired . It just doesn't get any more sicker than this. For you to think that Daniel died from taking a sip of his Mom's drink defies human logic. You need to go back over the facts and the picuture slowly becomes ' crystal clear " HKS obsession with Anna was beyond anything sane or rational. I hope he hangs.

TJ

No. 10 Mother Mary---Someone must have hit a sensitive nerve for you. Have you exposed your children to drugs and are now feeling guilty? You don't seem to be an educated person and you should be if you have children.

lissa

Wise owl....I applaude your comment.I too am one who thinks that if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck I'm betting that infact...IT IS A DUCK!!! I would also like to add that I for one , and power is in prayer....I am praying that Birkhead will get his test and the chance to raise that baby. And to do the best he can, that's all we can do.

Lenn K

Got to remember that ET loves HKS and ran nothing but positive stories about him. Bombeni, you do have some good points, but in the end scum-suck, dirtybag and lifetime loser HKS is the shitface behind most of the lies, coverups and the misinformation that's going on before and after ANS death.

Brit_ney Rulez

On a different topic, did any of you see Dr. Perper, the medical examiner in the ANS case, giving an interview to Jason Kennedy on E? And we're supposed to respect this dude as an impartial pro?? Sounds like he's cashing in, just like all the rest.

alex

This story is:

Yellow journalism featuring scandal-mongering, sensationalism, and unethical as well unprofessional practice.

lissa

I think Daniel kewn to much too! It is so clear to everyone ....lets see how this plays out. I pray that Birkhead gets the baby he and Anna wanted! And that he will do his best to raise that little girl. Pray too that her mother will be there to help. like a grandmother should. She only wanted what was best for her daughter. She may not have gone about it in the right way....but who are we to judge or measure how she loved her daughter. Give that baby a chance to be a part of a family that will cherish her, and I believe they will.
AND LET'S ALL PRAY that this dose not play out at all like the OJ Simpson case!!!!!!! Or in ten years we will be reading a book by HKS "IF I DID IT"

Lidia

TMZ has printed what they want you to read. I urge all to research this subject. The pro's of taking methadone while pregnant out way the con's. Methadone is safe when taken under a doctors care (yes while pregnant). I don't believe that Anna was under a doctors care which is what distrurbs me. I have trouble understanding how a doctor could prescribe that much methadone for a pregnant patient that he is not seeing on a regular basis. I read a post where someone said that a baby should not have to suffer for it's mothers drug abuse. The problem with that statement is this; many women on methadone are not drug abusers. Methadone is also a narcotic used to treat chronic pain. It is not only a treatment for drug addiction. When a women becomes pregnant on methadone or any other opiate for that matter, the majority of the time it is far too dangerous to detox a fetus it utero. I know that it sounds strange but it is much safer to detox the baby once it is born. Detoxing in utero can cause death, birth defects, etc...I have been a nurse for 20 years, working on a maternity ward. I have seen my fair share of babies born addicted. It is heart wrenching. The truth is, the majority of these babies, were born to mothers who were on herion, oxycontin, popping pills. The babies born to mothers on methadone were far healthier with no birth defects.

lissa

This comment site is slowwwwwwwwwwww do u all agree?