Britney

Back in Rehab

2/20/2007 4:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0220_britney_exclusive-1Update: TMZ has learned that Britney has checked into Promises, a treatment facility in Malibu.

TMZ has learned Britney Spears is back in rehab. Sources say the singer has checked into an in-patient facility in Los Angeles. We're told the move came after family members, including her mom, pressed her to check in.

Spears entered the facility today. After TMZ posted the news, a rep for the singer told PEOPLE "Britney Spears has voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed rehab facility today. We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as those of her family and friends at this time."

Last week, Spears checked herself into a rehab facility in Antigua but checked out less than 24 hours later.

Tom

Like, who cares? She's a skank.

tk

#47 / xyz

Remember.....she doesn't have any hair down, ahem, there either and eyebrows, eyelashes, etc. are not long enough to go back in time very far . She has effectively cut out any detection of drug use past 2 to 3 months. Actually, a VERY smart move on her part.....she may not be as dumb as everyone thinks.

Patrina

I hope she doesn't end up tragic like anna nicole smith!!! That would be to much.

Denise

You go Britney, I am a 47 year old Mother and I have always adored you, I wish you all the luck in the world, I know you have a strong family support system behind you, I know you will be o.k.

monique

I've said this before and it bears repeating. Britney cannot accept her life as it is now. She is a mother, but she wants to turn back the hands of time to when she was footloose and fancy free. I think having the kids was just a phase that she was going through. She doesn't realize that you can't just walk away from them or send them back like a gift that you no longer want. And she picked a loser to father them on top of that.

Paul

Wow, nice work Mother Spears, only took you a year of this behavior to intervene and get your meal ticket to pull herself together. You gotta do alot to make Kevin Federline look worthy of custody, but she is doing a great job. I can't recall the last photo of Britney I have seen where she didn't look like 1) a mental patient; 2) blasted on drink and drugs out of her skull and/or 3) showing her smidge to the papperazzi. The record company most love this. That wig she went out clubbing with was priceless.

joanne

Good Luck

swan

I agree with YUK!! A dose of reality could just be the trick!

Zippy

I just don't get it. WHY does anyone care?

Crawford County Resident

Mother of the year award goes to .....

mitch

crazier than an out-house rat.

Joe

Who honestly cares what she does? Britney's in rehab! Britney shaved her head! Oh my God! This is worse than the day I lost all my money in the stock market! Look, folks, she is looking for attention...the kind she doesn't get when she puts out a new album that doesn't sell. I hate to say this but her kids would be better off with a different mother. She grew up too fast and is way in over her head. Hopefully she'll get her life straightened out. I guess we'll see.

ronny

Let's all hope and pray for Britney. Let all hope and pray that she sees the light. Sees the light of her past errors. That includes that crap she pawned off as "music".

Michael Myers

That girl really needs the Lord Jesus Christ. That is her only hope.

SAY WHAT???

Some mean spirited folks here. Personally, I hope she can get regrounded, reconnect with people who love her and try to get her act together. Maybe the awful people out there who seem to take such glee in making fun of her could giver her a break for a while. How could any of those people think they are not contributing to the pain of someone else? Pathetic.