Anna's Drug Use

2/21/2007 6:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The judge in the Anna Nicole case has just said he will ask questions about Anna's drug use. Stern just testified Anna "was on prescription medication at different times." The judge asked if she was abusing drugs. Stern replied, "Look I'm not a doctor."

Stern then testified that Anna had been in rehab. He said, "Anna Nicole took prescription medication, mostly for depression."

Stern said, "It's not like Anna was medicated all the time. It's not like she couldn't talk."

The judge just asked about the video FOX obtained that TMZ published, and Stern said "That's the way Anna talks. There are times she was more impared than that." The judge then jumped on Stern and said, "What do you mean more impared than that." Stern said he didn't mean she was impaired.

Stern acknowledged Smith took methadone, "but not in my presence over the last five months." She acknowledged Dr. Sandeep Kapoor in Los Angeles prescribed it. TMZ first reported Kapoor prescribed methadone when Smith was 13 days before giving birth. Kapoor prescribed the drug under an alias.

Stern also acknowledged Smith was taking Dilaudid, a powerful painkiller.

sheila

This story is partially incorrect. Stern did not atteppt to leave the stand and "was called back by the judge". He conferred with his attorney away from the microphone and returned of his own volition. Please report the story correctly if you are going to report it.

Thai.NgYuen

Are you guys watching Stern on Court-TV?
Hey Howie! As they say in the south, "you in BIG trouble, boy."
Next ...... coming up ...
The MURDER trial!!
Hey Howie!
What are you gonna say when they ask YOU,
WHO gave DANIEL the methadone? And ..
WHO gave the very beautiful Anna Nicole the methadone cocktail that killed her?
WHO, Howie? WHO!!!???
You're in BIG trouble, boy!
And being a lawyer won't help you.
You've got no place to run, and no place to hide.
Justice will be served.

What the hell happened to Eddie!

#31 As for Larry, I find it funny that no one has commented on the fact when Anna reportedly told him she was pregnant that he said he wanted nothing to do with the baby= my my how a few million can change ones mind.

you got a link for that or anything ?

Jessica L.

>>"Stern acknowledged Smith took Methadone, "but not in my presence over the last five months."

Me

Will everyone stop about the clown video? Haven't you all ever said something jokingly? I don't think HKS released this video and made money off of it. If he were actually planning to do so, I doubt he would've said it on tape.

A

i hate this judge and the mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darlene

DUMBASS STERN makes her up like a clown asks her is she taking mushrooms AND then tell the Judge she takes prescription drugs. Please thats what they ALL say they were prscribed to me.
They need to get that Baby away from that idiot, before something else happens

Jessica L.

Oh Howard just dragged TMZ's name into this. tisk tisk.

Kristina

iF HE HAS NO INCOME, HOW DOES HE PLAN TO TAKE CARE OF THE BABY??? AND IF HE CARED SO MUCH ABOUT THE BABY, IF IT WERE HIS, WOULD HE REALLY HAVE LET ANNA DO ALL THOSE DRUGS DURING THE PREGNANCY?

Azia

Was she taking the Topamax while pregnant? Cause I was prescribed that medication for my migraines before I became pregnant with my son and I clearly remember it stated on the bottle not to use if pregnant. Then again she was probably using much stronger drugs while pregnant.

Darlene

LIAR LIAR!!!! YOU! GAVE DANIEL LETHAL DOSE, THEN HIS MOTHER,NEXT BABY GOES?

Dr. Ben Dover, Proctologist

They should have the toxicology report by now and know exactly what drugs she was on. I think the judge is giving him rope. Howie boy keeps grabbing that water pitcher. There ought to be epithelial cells from the handle of the pitcher of the chair arms to test. Nail that bad boy to the cross!!

JEEZLOUISE

Howard- That empty cup wont save you from being EXPOSED as a total loser and sponge. Go away and rot in hell loser. And stop lying, loser!

cooky

Does anyone know how to add my password so i do not have to check my email to post?????????????????????????????

tony

holy crap!! HKS just mentioned TMZ .... how much did he get paid for that...????? btw am I the only one who thinks " Texas" is a complete idiot....