Paris' Mom is a Grammar Queen

2/25/2007 5:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton celebrated her 26th birthday -- again -- last night with her friends, family and a whole pack of paparazzi.

After rocking out in Vegas last week on her actual birthday, Paris dined with the likes of Nicole Richie, Courtney Love and Paula Abdul at The Prime Grill. The party then moved to Hilton's home, where a decidedly less glamorous crowd gathered to party. "Celebs" in attendance included "90210" turned "Dancing with the Stars" stud Ian Ziering (BTW- that guy is 42 years old, almost twice as old as the birthday babe), "Napoleon Dynamite" sidekick Efren Ramirez, both Greasy and Gummi Bear and one of Hugh Hefner's three girlfriends. Hilton's publicist Elliot Mintz was there as well, showing up with one of the worst-wrapped gifts in birthday history.

One wild fan also showed up, going crazy over Paris' mom Kathy, screaming, "Your daughter's my idol dude!" and "take a picture of me and her" at the Hilton matriarch. Kathy quickly put the Paris-ite in her place though, correcting her grammar like a middle school English teacher.

Merry Christmas

Yep, the correct way to have said that would have been, "Take a picture or her and me.!" Please would have been nice too.

Merry Christmas

Oops, made my own mistake there. "Take a picture OF her and me!"
Ok, we're only human, right?

cass timberlane

Etiquette might recommend putting 'me' second, but the use of the direct-object pronoun is absolutely correct: 'of her and me' or 'of us.' Your header should be, 'Mrs. Hilton Every Bit as Dumb as Her Daughter.'

MissNYC

Actually, if she were polite, she would have asked that someone take a picture of "Mrs. Hilton and I." What's sadder is that girls in this country view people like Paris as idols. We NEED a young girl to inspire America's girls! One that's a nice, polite, fun-loving girl who doesn't smoke, drink, or do any drugs. Of course, someone like that would probably never be famous.

Whatever

Um why do you keep running stories about this racist family? Money can't buy them class or can't cure parisities herpes. BTW she and I is not correct. Dumb c**t.

Whatever

Well the apple dosen't fall far from the tree! She's as stupid as her daughter! It would have been funny as hell if someone corrected her. No wonder her daughters run around like ignorant fools!

samantha

I guess money doesn't buy grammar lessons, Mrs. Hilton

o

she didn't learn from one lame party? she has to throw two for the f-listers? could she be any sadder?

Avamp1

I could care less

MNelson

"of me and her" is correct, with "me" being the object of the preposition "of"...for example, you would never say "that is a picure of I"... you would say "picture of me"... gotta love prepositional phrases... :-)

Lia

Thank you to all the people who know it should be her and me, though me and her is not wrong, exactly, just not polite. She and I?! Horrible! It's one thing to misuse words; it's another to incorrectly correct people. What's wrong with that woman?! Besides too much money and time to do NOTHING meaningful with her life.

MNelson

oh... and remember you could NOT care less, not that you COULD care less. eh hem.

my opinion

Surely one so crass as to correct another's grammar must consider themself to be intellectually superior and well educated. Me thinks not............ Hey mama Hilton you couldn't even get Paris to finish high school!

Please stop reporting on the Hilton family unless they die or go to prison.

Thank you.

Ivana Jercough

I don't know who is more stupid, the hilton hag or your stupid ass editors for thinking she was correct in her 'correction'

MyTwoCents

Dear James L. Crum - I SURE hope you're like, uhh - 12. If not, there are LAWS in this country, you dirt bag.

Signed,