P. Diddy

Investigated for

Assault & Battery

2/27/2007 9:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0227_diddy_ex-1TMZ has learned Sean "P. Diddy" Combs is being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department for allegedly attacking a man at a Hollywood Oscar party.

Gerard Rechnitzer was at a post-Oscar bash Sunday night with his fiancee at Teddy's at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. At around 2 AM Monday morning, the 27-year-old Rechnitzer was on his way to the parking lot when he made a pit stop in the bathroom. When he walked out, he noticed his fiancee was surrounded by six men, including Combs. We're told the 5'7", 140 lb. Rechnitzer watched as Combs chatted up his girl for about five minutes, and then asked his fiancee to leave with him.

At that point, Combs allegedly told the woman he was having a party and invited her to come. Rechnitzer persisted and asked his fiancee again to leave with him. Combs then allegedly socked Rechnitzer in the jaw.

Rechnitzer, a real estate broker, called 911. The LAPD came out and took a report, but Combs had left before the cops arrived. An ambulance came but Rechnitzer declined treatment.

We're told the LAPD contacted Rechnitzer yesterday, and as many as five witnesses who observed the incident.

lisa

I hope that guy doesn't marry his fame whore girlfriend. Why did he have to asked her twice to leave?

homer smith

REMEMBER, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND!!

Rick

Puffy, Puff Daddy, P-Diddy or Ganster Asshole...it doesn't seem to matter. When you run with an entourage of security, some that could snap a neck and would do so due to overwhelming loyalty and big paychecks could and do bully anybody they want. I actually wonder what this victims fiancee was thinking as well. Both P-Asshole Diddy and this poor victims fiancee placed this guy in serious danger, which resulted in an unproviked attack.

A call to LAPD, their late arrival and P-Diddy's maraculous escape from the long arm of the law will allow this event to drag out until it goes on for so long everybody get's tired of being witnesses and victims. The end result isn't worth the call to police and the bad guy get's away with yet another criminal act. Heck, I remember when he thanked God for his freedom after the NYC night club shootings when he was dating J-Lo and the cops found the gun under the seat. I wonder how many of the TMZ readers knew that Puffy gave up his innocent newcomer raper for that shooting.

What a big pussy to puch a guys jaw for attempting to leave with his fiancee. What a pussy for running yet again and what a big pussy for not maintaining a life of respectful living as an idol to millions and his own kids. His wife should take his ass to court and work his money for a while, but I am sure he will get some ignorant hitman to bully her too.

I am Irish and we do things differently. Bring his NYC no talent rapper ass to my neighborhood and see how and why an Irishman diciplines people. First we fight one on one without the backing of security and weapons and muscle. Second, we only fight when we are drunk and for the rights of a woman. Third, we don't take shit from pussys.

Brian

PEE-DIPPY! WHAT A PUNK-ASS THING TO DO! IT NEVER FAILS, THEY ALWAYS SHOW THERE TRUE COLORS! TYSON, OJ, MARION BERRY, P-BOY, TO, RODMAN, THE 'WALLACE' NBA THUGS, LA RIOTS, THE JAILS, ETC. ETC. ETC....

We, are not amused.

White girl?

We, are not amused.

#41: Posted at 9:44PM on Feb 27th 2007 by Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is
I'm sure...a prize like you, who could resist?

U Can't B Serious

Another no-talent hack who has gone overtime on his 15 minutes. Some shades, a little bling and an entourage to impress a non hollywood young thing...just needin to feed that ego. Hope this guy lays waste to P's bank account so I can go heckle him at some hole-in-the-wall casino room.

Anna Hagy

What an ass. He is a pig. I don't know what he has besides money, certainly no talent. He has to buy his social life. Pathetic!!!!!! ALong with anyone who hangs out with him.

The guy should dump his fiance, she is just a slut.

Anna Hagy

The guy should sue his ass and dump her ass...she will always be able to be bought

Practical

Seems to me this guys girlfriend was into PD. He should've left her ass with him. Skank ho!

AD Jones

MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY, MO' MONEY!

F*** Diddy. He's going to get suuuuuuuued.

SAM

Umm DID anyone notice.. HE ASKED HER TWICE TO LEAVE WITH HIM>. and she was still there surrounded by "dem dudes" I think thats soo funny.. his "FIANCE"" was punking him toooooooooooooo

drow1stboy

did pee diddy slobber on the guy? he does slobber a lot dosen't he? when i was young...thin...and beautiful...any woman i was with who dared stop and talk to slobbering ugly people (unless she was just being polite and had a note from me) would have been dropped...forthwith. ask ann coulters, or michelle maulkin. of course at that age...women simply could not take their eyes off me.

Michael S.

Why was his fiance talking to Piss Daddy? I'm guessing it's because she was a woman, and he had an entourage of thugs with him. I might be wrong, but that seems like the most plausible explanation.

KB

He really is a despicable no-talent jerk -- I cant for the live of me figure out how he has become successful.

This guy's fiance sounds like a real prize also -- if she was engaged to someone, why was she paying Duddy any attention??

I hope he gets sued for a huge amount -- would serve him right. Although I think he has so much money, it will unfortunately just be a minor inconvenience to him