EXCLUSIVE: Virgie Visits Baby Dannielynn

2/28/2007 9:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Virgie Arthur, Anna Nicole Smith's mother, visited her granddaughter last night in the Bahamas for the first time, and TMZ has obtained an exclusive photo of Grandma Virgie after the encounter.

Sources tell TMZ that Arthur arrived at Horizons, the Nassau house where Howard K. Stern is looking after the child, around 8 PM last night, and left about 50 minutes later. We're told she looked and acted "distraught" upon leaving, and was accompanied by a bodyguard and a driver, as well as a brunette woman described as a "relative."

Just a couple days ago, Larry Birkhead, who claims to be the father of Dannielynn, met the baby for the first time, also at Horizons. Lawyers for the parties will be in court in Florida this morning to present arguments concerning the future disposition of Anna NIcole's body.

marylee

ohhhh please what a freaking joke!!
Now she has A DRIVER AND BODYGUARDS; next she will have an agent
I agree with #11!!!

pam

Virgie's attorney told Catherine Crier that Virgie wants custody and that in the bahamas the granmother out weighs the father...

snoop

EVERYBODY who knew her said anna was a wonderful mother to danny and he was the real love of her life .... so it's easy to see that anna never would have allowed virgie to take care of danny for seven years, between the ages of 1 and 7 ,,,, (not even for one day) if virgie had really been abusive.

Posted at 9:20AM on Feb 28th 2007 by travis

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boredatwork

That is sooooo disgusting!! When I see VIrgie all I can think of is Jabba the hut underneath human skin, & that is not just a physical reference, this woman is a monster. She probably wants to put ANS on display in TX & charge admission. All she can see in Dannilynn is a cash cow. She is vile & disgusting. She clearly puts her own selfish needs first, that's what her appeal is all about, herself. Her lawyers are equally disgusting, and if she can't pay to fly out to the Bahamas to visit a grave, how the hell can she pay all these attorneys & legal fees??!!! This bitch has an agenda & it is NOT in the best interests of Dannilynn.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

If ANS was such a PILLAR MOTHER for her son why is it that she spread her legs for everyone she met and she was constantly drugged up around him. She was whacked out on drugs on her show on "E" when Daniel was right next to her. The "F" word flew out of her mouth left and right on the show back when Daniel was only 16 or so. Nice Mom. Hollywood is so F'd up it isn't even funny.

Diane

The people on here who think that it is a FAMILY MATTER are stupid. Yes in normal families.... but look at how Ms. Virgie raised her daughter in the first place. Anna didn't graduate past the 8th grade! That mother could have done a better job. ANNA ACTUALLY WROTE HER MOTHER OUT OF HER WILL. ANYONE WHO thinks that isn't enough of a statement of Anna's wishes.... along with not talking to her mother for so long.... then the video where she clearly states her poor feelings toward her mother. Virgie has no business in any of this except maybe supervised visitation with the granddaughter.

Her mother makes me think of the movie MILLION DOLLAR BABY. Anyone who has seen the movie can remember how the mother in the movie didn't give two thoughts or care for her daughter but expected her daughter to give her money to her. IN the movie the mother was a fat@ss and so is Anna's mother.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

THE HEARING IS ON RIGHT NOW ON COURTTV.

Jinxie

#89 are you implying someone cannot enjoy sex and still be a good parent? Damn, do you have more than one child? I would hope not, or else that's implying that you might enjoy the deed, and you're a horrid parent.

As far as language goes...do you really mean to tell you me you expect that a child will never hear someone cussing? Hell you stated yourself he was like 16 or so. He was probably saying it more with his friends than he heard mommy saying it.

Stacia

Do any of you posters have children? I fully support Virgie... she was Anna's MOTHER. Despite what Anna said on tv (while barely functional/drugged to the gills), a MOTHER always loves her child. A MOTHER does the best she can for her child. I fully believe Anna made up or over exaggerated the situations for publicity. She was a selfish selfish woman, and her mother could not stand to see her that way. Drug addicts do NOT want people in their lives telling them that they are wrong, which obviously Vigie did.

Please stop trying to make this pathetic excuse for a woman into a saint. She was a very selfish drug addicted woman who used people any way she could to get ahead. No Mother Theresa there.....

homer smith

HARD FOR HER?????? NO STEVE. THE ONLY THING HARD FOR HER IS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET SOME $$$$$$$. WHO DO YOU THINK SOLD THOSE PICTURES OF HER BENDING OVER DANIEL'S GRAVE, LIKE SOME KIND OF HIPPO. SHE AND HER COUSIN. PLEASE, SHE'S NOTHING BUT SOME TOBACCO ROAD, TRAILER PARK OLD SLUT. SHE WAS A DISPATCHER, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, A SMALL TEXAS TOWN. NOT SOME KIND OF LAW OFFICER.

Barbara

How awful that the redneck "grandma" gets to be anywhere near that precious child. I'm sure Anna Nicole who clearly stated "she'll never touch my child" would be rolling in her grave if "grandma" had the decency to allow her to be in one. Anna Nicole was and is being so maligned. This women's whole life is a testament to childhood emotional, physical, psychological and sexual abuse. She still craved a relationship with her "mother" as she stated on the ET/Insider interviews as is the case with children who have suffered at the hands of those who should have provided love and safety. This is the cash-in phase. Isn't it interesting how a "father" who abandons you at age 2, reunites with you when you appear in Playboy and then wants to view your body has joined these other cockroaches who have crawled out of the woodwork. May the Father of this child love Danilynn as much as Anna Nicole did and raise her to be the beautiful person she can be. Evil is as evil does and we are being treated to greed/evil unfolding before our eyes. God Bless that child.

Barbara

brenda

The 8 million dollars annas husband left her in his will was not enough, she wanted it all.
Thats why she is dead. Greed and pure hatred for her mother killed her...

Elizabeth

Get the paternity test over with and give the baby to her father. My heart does go out to the gma however. Dealing with a drug addict daughter has to be a nightmare. Too many people were benefiting from Anna being messed up. Someone should have helped her. Soo sad. I sure hope the baby doesn't have any after effects from all the drugs her mom took. And another thing - that Howard Stern gives me the creeps. Yuk!

Ava

Howard isn't a bad guy. I refuse to believe this. Anna Nicole trusted him and it wasn't easy to earn her trust. Regardless of what drugs she did or didn't do, I respect her judgement. I think that all of these people who felt that Howard kept them away from Anna Nicole are blaming him because they don't want to accept the fact that Anna Nicole did not want anything to do with them.

I used to really despise Larry because to me, he didn't give Anna Nicole any time to grieve over Daniel before shoving this paternity suit on her lap. I also think he may have not been so innocent himself regarding drugs. I'm sure he wasn't sober when they partied. And if she had been taking drugs for as long as she had supposedly been and he was so antidrug, why did he get involved with her? Also, if she was so hooked on drugs, why did he try to have a baby with her? I don't despise him as much anymore. I just think he's a big pussy who likes to stretch the truth.

Her mom is disgusting. She is putting herself first and trying to assert her "power" over Anna Nicole one last time by prolonging her funeral and burial. I think she policed her own child and this is why Anna Nicole left home at such a young age. I think that a part of Anna Nicole continued to want her "mommy" through the years because she probably felt like she never really had one. I think Anna Nicole longed for the mother that she wanted Virgie to be but Virgie never was and after Virgie went on TV and said horrible things about Anna Nicole and Howard, that sealed the deal in Anna Nicole's mind. In turn, Anna Nicole made some very serious allegations towards her family in that interview and to me, she didn't appear on drugs. She appeared to be extremely distraught and who wouldn't be?

Now that Anna Nicole isn't here to stop her, Virgie is all about her grandchild. This woman has some serious control issues.

Any fans of the Anna Nicole show remember the Vegas episode when she picks up a Voodoo kit and says, "One for my mother, one for my father, one for my sister"? Hmmm....

Now to end my 2 cents, I ask any fellow fans of Anna Nicole out there to NOT buy her sister's book when it comes out. I think it would be a slap in Anna Nicole's face to do so.

RIP Anna Nicole and Daniel. I hope that you will be together soon in the beautiful Bahamas.