Jeff Goldblum:

Obsessed Fan

'Accosted' Me

2/28/2007 8:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jeff GoldblumTMZ has learned that actor Jeff Goldblum has filed a restraining order against a 44-year-old woman, claiming that she has shown up to his house "unannounced and uninvited 20 times within the past month and over 50 times in the last three months."

In court documents, filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Goldblum claims a woman named Linda Ransom has "sent harassing and threatening letters, stalked me at various locations, physically attacked my employee and accosted me."

According to the documents, Ransom met Goldblum at an acting school in Los Angeles where Goldblum teaches. She then began showing up at various locations where he performed with his jazz band, The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra.

In a statement included in the court documents, Ransom claims she was just trying to get Goldblum to "support my efforts to complete my research and screenplay as accurate [sic] as possible."

RUKIDDING

He must be so excited to finally have a stalker...Congrats

Hollywood Gossip

She's got a pretty funny name there for a stalker. Lol. I hope nothing happens to Jeff, I've always enjoyed him.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

Jeff Goldblum a celebrity? What's the last movie he appeared in... Jurassic Park in the early 90's. Give me a friggin' break. Who cares if he's alive or dead?

RUKIDDING

?

Brandon

I love Jeff Goldbloom but he's the same character in every movie which isn't that much of a stretch from who he is in real life. So, he is teaching acting why?

Annie

He has a fan????

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Why nothing about Tara and/or Stedman?

Paulie Wants a Cracker

Well he is a lot more famous than you alb, so shut it. i think almost everyone knows who he is and nobody knows you.

Lisa

This chick is crazy -- I hope she doesn't try to hurt Jeff. He's a great guy and my favorite actor.

JennyP.

Jeff Goldblum has a lot of fans, so quit the disrespect.
Those stalker freaks can be very dangerous, I hope the courts and police take it seriously.

calilife4me

Jeff WHO?

He's Boring now

hope he didnt send any mixed messages to this person during the classes or his jazz gigs that got misunderstood, or gasp, could be a spurned one night stand...2 sides to every story...and if she was showing up this often over a 3 month period, what took him so long to holler "uncle"...wasnt he fearful after the first 2 times?

KT

I think he's hot and a unique, funny person!!
So what if he might have given her mixed messages or even had a one night stand with her, she CANNOT stalk him no matter what their relationship had been. He probably didn't report her right away because too many times a male reporting a female stalker is discounted by the authorities and thought of as absurd....like why would a big guy be afraid of a wittle woman. Well, women can shoot guns and carry knives... so it should be taken as seriously as a male stalker.

JaneaneTheAcerbicGoblin

Who would stalk him and why, even when he was better known? He's not stalker material. He should be flattered!

I like the chick's name...Linda Ransom....

Maggie Z.