Liz @ 75: "Hangin' In"

2/28/2007 5:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Silver screen legend Elizabeth Taylor celebrated her 75th birthday in Las Vegas last night with a pair of magicians, Princess Leia and a former Sports Illustrated covergirl.

A fur and satin-wrapped, diamond and pearl encrusted Dame Elizabeth was wheeled into her 75th birthday bash at the Ritz Carlton as a press line sang "Happy Birthday" to the beaming superstar. When asked about her love life, Liz was sharp as she shot back, "Wouldn't you like to know?!"

The oh-so-random guest list included Kathy Ireland, Debbie Reynolds (a fellow ex of Eddie Fisher) and daughter Carrie Fisher and Siegfried & Roy. Taylor's friend Michael Jackson was unable to make it to the bash, because he had, per Liz, "business things going on." Asked the secret of living to 75, the much married Oscar winner quipped, "Hangin' in!"

RICH S

Michale Jackson couldnt make it....he was cruising the local elementery schools!!!!

xbunnyrnr

what a grand old dame

TJ

I saw her and Richard Burton back in the 60's in New York when he was in Camelot in the theatre and their limousine was right in front of me. I looked inside the back window and saw them close up..about a foot away. She was the most gorgeous creature you can imagine and still looks great for her age. They don't make them like that anymore..the stars of today pale by comparison!

Amazing

I grew up wanting to look like her, and now, God help me I do.

jan

Giver her her due.....
She was declared the most beautiful woman on earth...she was the first actress to demand and receive one million dollars for a picture..which opened the doors for the rest to follow thru.
She survived the loss of Mike Todd in a crash; she survived 2 marriages to Burton and all those in between. She mothered 3 natural children and one adopted one..She survived multi health problems starting with a back injury during her childhood film..National Velvet...She survived emergency surgery to open her throat....and god knows the things we don't know...Happy Birthday Liz

Paul Kline

Elizabeth Taylor is her heyday was proclaimed one of the most beautiful women in the world. A friend of mine who resided in London once saw her on the street dressed in a purple suit. She told me she was the most stunning creature she ever laid eyes on.

Elizabeth has been plagued with bad back problems and other health issues. She made a fortune with her perfume and was at one time in her life, the highest paid actress. She has gone on to celebrate the cause of AIDS, where she has been a tireless fund raiser.

She is the personification of the word "Star."

We, are not amused.

Hollywood Royality,
and just so you know its not all business...what a piece of ass! I wonder how many people will want to stop and take note if Ms. Hilton, Spears or Lohan should be so lucky, to even reach their 40th birthdays?

johnnie

happy birthday ms.liz, you and I grew up in the same era, but it looked like you were having a better time than I was. I turned 70 last year and I hope you have 75 more. best wishes to you.

Brother Harold, S.J.

SHE STILL HAS MORE CLASS THAN ALL THE SLUTS WHO NOW COMMAND PUBLIC ATTENTION. TRULY THE LAST OF THE GREAT BEAUTIES.

Terri

She was the Angelina of her day. I find it very interesting that Debbie Reynolds was there. Maybe in 40 years, Jennifer Aniston will be at Angie's 75th birthday party.

Kay

>>6. I grew up wanting to look like her, and now, God help me I do.

angel46

I never thought Liz would live this long with all her health problems, but sure glad she did. Wish I could have lived some of HER adventurous! WOW!!!

hellen

Happy B-Day Liz, There will never be another like her! She looks Great! True Hollywood royalty! Long Live the True Queen of Hollywood!!!!

Lynnc

there will never be another Liz I think she is awesome even Now!!
glad to see her its been a long time!!! Love You Liz!!

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

Liz Taylor is one of the great ,old-fashioned actresses of the 20th century.

Why we give a whore like ANS so much recognition is beyond me.

Liz is what true Hollywood represents.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments